Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Planetside 2 will cater for the MMO side of things on PS4. Destiny is a bit different and smaller in scale. It's like Boarderlands because of random loot drops and rare to find items and you level up stats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I prefer that it's less MMO tbh. Definitely more interested in this for the co-op side of things.

From my first 20mins of this it's very Halo with elements of Borderlands. Using the Titan's default shotgun up close is lethal and it looks and feels, heck even sounds like the shotgun from Halo. Lots of customization options.

Just watched this and I have to say it got one of my eye brows up. It screams of Warframe to me and it is VERY good. I might give this a shot, but like always, it is somewhere in 2015, right?

Edit: This september? Wow.

The Halo influence is very clear.

Even from the way he melees opponents, the way he runs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Set up a boards.ie clan for those interested:

https://alpha.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/490

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just had a quick go of this, didn't look all that great to me, will the frame rate be bumped up for the full version?

Just had a quick go of this, didn't look all that great to me, will the frame rate be bumped up for the full version?

PS3 or PS4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    PS3 or PS4?

PS4 but you would easily think it was a good looking PS3 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Graphically, I'm not all that impressed with Destiny ( Interiors and the lighting look nice though ) this game is an absolute blast though and I'm not a massive fan of shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Fieldog wrote: »
    Set up a boards.ie clan for those interested:

https://alpha.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/490

D'oh, I made one too, didn't see this post! https://alpha.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/521

• Advertisement

Haven't noticed any frame rate issues myself. The graphics could be better alright, but the maps seem to be pretty big to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So afraid of buying this game. Divorce could follow.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Really enjoying it, did the earth mission that requires level 6 with two others and it was quite intense, the bosses take a lot of damage and took ages to bring down but it was really fun team work. Haven't given 6v6 a go yet but will do at some point tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

So afraid of buying this game. Divorce could follow.:P

ths 100%........but I will be buying this day one....... another beta starts in July, hopefully it lasts more than a few days......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    ths 100%........but I will be buying this day one....... another beta starts in July, hopefully it lasts more than a few days......

If i do buy it I'd be getting it for 360. Is there a beta for that and if so how do I get involved? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

How do you summon your Sparrow? I can't figure it out. Always feel like an eejit when I see people speeding away and I'm just trotting after them!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NotorietyH wrote: »
    How do you summon your Sparrow? I can't figure it out. Always feel like an eejit when I see people speeding away and I'm just trotting after them!

Press the touch pad until tyrion ball thing pops up, then hold the square button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Press the touch pad until tyrion ball thing pops up, then hold the square button.

Ah cheers, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm just trying this now for the first time but the servers are unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

If i do buy it I'd be getting it for 360. Is there a beta for that and if so how do I get involved? Cheers.

No beta will be for ps4.. The ps4 is the main console for Destiny.. Im hooked on this alpha demo, gameplay is so addictive..

• Advertisement

Whats the verdict on the Beta lads?

I'm just trying this now for the first time but the servers are unavailable.

Seem to be working fine for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I still have no code after applying. Kinda annoyed because its over on sunday. I applied on the day it was announced an still nothing

Whats the verdict on the Beta lads?

Loving it to be honest, though it's only Alpha at the moment. Would be good to get a few games going with few boardies, perhaps through the clan system or whatever. I'm not sure if/how you invite people in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Benzino wrote: »
    Seem to be working fine for me now.

Same here, I started BF4 and restarted Destiny and it worked...

Benzino wrote: »
    Loving it to be honest, though it's only Alpha at the moment. Would be good to get a few games going with few boardies, perhaps through the clan system or whatever. I'm not sure if/how you invite people in yet.
    Only have a PS3 ATM (Wondering is it Cross-Gen??)

Didn't sign up for the Beta, can you still join?

Only have a PS3 ATM (Wondering is it Cross-Gen??)

Didn't sign up for the Beta, can you still join?

I believe so, I think you only get beta access if you pre-order it though, not 100% sure on it.

Pre-order it on Amazon and they will email you a beta key that you register on the Bungie site. You can then cancel the order if you want. I got my Amazon beta key on Tuesday. The beta will on other platforms not just PS4 but the alpha is PS4 only. On the Bungie site it will ask you want platform you want the beta on before it launches in July.

Pre-order it on Amazon and they will email you a beta key that you register on the Bungie site. You can then cancel the order if you want. I got my Amazon beta key on Tuesday. The beta will on other platforms not just PS4 but the alpha is PS4 only. On the Bungie site it will ask you want platform you want the beta on before it launches in July.

Good thinking Batman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Really didnt want it to come to this but has anyone got a spare alpha code. I applied on the day and am still waiting for a code. Must be just unlucky but really want to play it and the weekend is getting shorter as it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement