Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Band 2 just called to stage 2
    Pity we weren't emailed be a lovely start to a long weekend

Do you know when the final Interviews were? Our results came out a little over a week after all our interviews were finshed...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Do you know when the final Interviews were? Our results came out a little over a week after all our interviews were finshed...

I'm not 100% sure. I was on the 20th which was the first day? I heard the 27th was last I'm not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

I read somewhere that interviews arent finished until 5th of August.. Dont know how much fact to that there is though.. Would have to be a week after that.. I was thinking the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

The guy who took my form B told me the 5th of August was the last day of interviews I saw it on his little notepad aswell, they were running the 20th-24th taking a break and then finishing the 5th!

caza182 wrote: »
    The guy who took my form B told me the 5th of August was the last day of interviews I saw it on his little notepad aswell, they were running the 20th-24th taking a break and then finishing the 5th!

That was were I read it!! haha

• Advertisement

That was were I read it!! haha

He was a very sound fella explained that they were finished the 5th and the next couple of days would be spent sorting things out wording emails etc and that we should have them a week or so after the 5th, I'm guessing the 14th or 17th myself!

caza182 wrote: »
    He was a very sound fella explained that they were finished the 5th and the next couple of days would be spent sorting things out wording emails etc and that we should have them a week or so after the 5th, I'm guessing the 14th or 17th myself!

And there are Medicals on the 27th so that would leave a weeks notice for medical.. Then PCT in September and maybe October intake for the lucky ones.. Would that be enough time I wonder

Ok so assuming the 5th of August is possibly the last day of interviews you all should try not expect anything until a week or so after that... I mean maybe the 20-24th interviews were being decided on this week during a 'break' and results for those will be out next week but I'd recommend expect the worst case scenario of results some time after the 14th....

Ok so assuming the 5th of August is possibly the last day of interviews you all should try not expect anything until a week or so after that... I mean maybe the 20-24th interviews were being decided on this week during a 'break' and results for those will be out next week but I'd recommend expect the worst case scenario of results some time after the 14th....

Yeah I am going to expect results between the 17th and 19th and if they come even sooner it will be a nice surprise haha

Yeah I am going to expect results between the 17th and 19th and if they come even sooner it will be a nice surprise haha

Best way to do it or you will go a bit mad! All this waiting is good practice for building your patience levels that you will need as a guard though!

• Advertisement

Best way to do it or you will go a bit mad! All this waiting is good practice for building your patience levels that you will need as a guard though!

I am already going a bit mad haha Have my dentists check up next week just in case haha

I am already going a bit mad haha Have my dentists check up next week just in case haha

If the doctor looked at my teeth he must have been quick about it cause I have no memory of him checking mine!

But money will be tight in the college so it would be best to get any expensive stuff out of the way well beforehand!

If the doctor looked at my teeth he must have been quick about it cause I have no memory of him checking minje!

But money will be tight in the college so it would be best to get any expensive stuff out of the way well beforehand!

Yeah way I look at it is I'll get it done now and if I don't get through feck it.. Need it done anyway.. Yeah 8 months on €184 will leave ya with nothing after insurance tax and petrol.. On a bloody 2 litre BMW haha

Yeah way I look at it is I'll get it done now and if I don't get through feck it.. Need it done anyway.. Yeah 8 months on €184 will leave ya with nothing after insurance tax and petrol.. On a bloody 2 litre BMW haha

Ha and those of us with credit union loans on top of cars are rightly screwed! but still can't wait to get down there, I'm just saving as much as I can when I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Ha and those of us with credit union loans on top of cars are rightly screwed! but still can't wait to get down there, I'm just saving as much as I can when I can!

Ha ha throw a mortgage and two kids on top aswell ha ha! It will be worth it in the end! The Garda credit unions will help you out during training just be careful not to borrow to much or waste it as it all has to be paid back.

Ha ha throw a mortgage and two kids on top aswell ha ha! It will be worth it in the end! The Garda credit unions will help you out during training just be careful not to borrow to much or waste it as it all has to be paid back.

Ouch! I bet you're happy that everyone can come and go as they please you only have to be down there from 9-5 monday to friday so if needs be you can go home midweek once a week to the kids?

I've already done out my budget on what I'll have to live on and i've lived on worse so i'm just gonna go down and enjoy it :)

Ah yeah sure if I get there we will be fed and board, it's short term pain for long term gain. On attestation and include premium payments after 2 years it will be a decent wage and only goes one way UP

Wonder will those of us who done our interviews from the 20th -24th get results this week coming. That will be 2 weeks or will they wait and do all together?

Oh I meant to say when I was there for the interview HQ told me the more thay pass the better and that once you did ok you'll be fine. There's no set amount that needs to pass if 100 do it and 100 pass all go forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

did
    Anyone know how many roughly are in this round of interviews day started on the 20th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Those of you who have had your interview with a local Sergeant / Inspector, is it an informal enough interview or what can I / we expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 upmayo2015

Has anyone been given physical dates yet or an indication of when they may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Question for the guys that done interviews.. How did you feel coming out of it? Did you feel it went really well or that you didnt say stuff that you would have liked? Was reading back and saw one girl was really confident and wouldnt have changed a thing but when results came she didnt pass.

I mentioned before I felt the interview was very tough and since then having spoken to people including a gard that finding it tough is probably a good sign and that if you come out thinking it was easy you probably didn't do well, as you have mentioned about someone.

Overall I definitely could've done better but it's done now just waiting for the results is a killer, it's been such a long process from day 1 to now, but I suppose a couple more weeks at his stage won't make a difference.

I'm not 100% sure. I was on the 20th which was the first day? I heard the 27th was last I'm not sure though

What time was your interview at? I was speaking to a few people at the interviews that day, wondering if I met you?

ollieo wrote: »
    What time was your interview at? I was speaking to a few people at the interviews that day, wondering if I met you?

I was at half 3. At first I thought yeah I did ok but then the doubts...oh I should have said this or that.

I was at half 3. At first I thought yeah I did ok but then the doubts...oh I should have said this or that.

I was 11:30 didn't meet you so.

ollieo wrote: »
    I was 11:30 didn't meet you so.

There was 4 others there when I was. Another day of waiting I guess

There was 4 others there when I was. Another day of waiting I guess

I have a feeling it will be next week at the very earliest lads.. Possibly even the week after.. I would assume all results for interviews will come out at the same time.. I was on Wednesday the 22nd

I have a feeling it will be next week at the very earliest lads.. Possibly even the week after.. I would assume all results for interviews will come out at the same time.. I was on Wednesday the 22nd

It's a pure killer! I just hope I passed

• Advertisement

It's a pure killer! I just hope I passed

Have you been doing any prep just in case? As in getting check ups for medical or fitness for physical?

Have you been doing any prep just in case? As in getting check ups for medical or fitness for physical?

I had a dentist take a look over my teeth and give them a cleaning. Ive done the defence forces medical and passes so eye sight and hearing should be grand.
    As for fitness I play alot of sport and gym so I should be fine.
    I'm doing a couple of the bleeps to be sure

I had a dentist take a look over my teeth and give them a cleaning. Ive done the defence forces medical and passes so eye sight and hearing should be grand.
    As for fitness I play alot of sport and gym so I should be fine.
    I'm doing a couple of the bleeps to be sure

Cool! Yeah I am going for check up on Thursday with dentist.. Ive done Garda medical before for reserves too so everything else should hopefully be okay.. Need to start doing the beep test but I think will wait and see if I get through or not first.. Great show called Rookies on UTV the last few Mondays.. Have ya seen it?

Cool! Yeah I am going for check up on Thursday with dentist.. Ive done Garda medical before for reserves too so everything else should hopefully be okay.. Need to start doing the beep test but I think will wait and see if I get through or not first.. Great show called Rookies on UTV the last few Mondays.. Have ya seen it?

Yeah I've been watching it and enjoying it. I've only done one with a few lads in gaa training I find them ok if you time yourself

Yeah I've been watching it and enjoying it. I've only done one with a few lads in gaa training I find them ok if you time yourself

Yeah I always found them grand in school but that was about 4 years ago now so dunno what I am like now ha

Yeah I always found them grand in school but that was about 4 years ago now so dunno what I am like now ha

Should be fine. It's so close I'm sick ...

• Advertisement

Should be fine. It's so close I'm sick ...

We still even have a bit of a way to go if it does come back good for us.. I dont know if many people from our round of interviews will get in in October

We still even have a bit of a way to go if it does come back good for us.. I dont know if many people from our round of interviews will get in in October

At stage 3 we were told most will be October . But there's suppose to be another class

If I get through I haven't a hope of making October, I was told my vetting will delay me whatever happens, I have previous addresses in Oz and US and these are the two countries they are having issues with in regards to vetting.

At stage 3 we were told most will be October . But there's suppose to be another class

Yeah? Dont remember hearing that.. Supposedly there are a good few people who have passed everything and are waiting for October.. Only 125 going in.. There will prob be one in March/April too

Yeah? Dont remember hearing that.. Supposedly there are a good few people who have passed everything and are waiting for October.. Only 125 going in.. There will prob be one in March/April too

You could have had it a different day. The Sgt there said we'd be aiming to get ye ready for October. I heard there's a class in march.I'm not sure what's the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

You could have had it a different day. The Sgt there said we'd be aiming to get ye ready for October. I heard there's a class in march.I'm not sure what's the story

Do you think Bands 2 and 3 will be considered for march?

mycro89 wrote: »

Possibly.. I would say more June/July though.. For the top people through

mycro89 wrote: »

Maybe for the top few but I wouldn't say it will be many. Match would be a very quick time for ye considering that stage 2 isn't done until sometime towards the middle of September then ye have to wait for results and then some to stage 3 then results etc... vetting can also take time. Personally I'd say the October and spring 2016 classes will be what's left from band one

ExtaticFob wrote: »
    Those of you who have had your interview with a local Sergeant / Inspector, is it an informal enough interview or what can I / we expect?

Had interview with the sergeant, it was pretty brief chat about details on form b about family or any other information, will ask you about your friends etc.

It was like a chat but remember your been assessed as your character at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 upmayo2015

Anyone get fitness day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 AhhMang

Medical yesterday and with my ****ty eyesight comes the end of my application as I can't afford laser especially within six months.This is a career ive wanted since a very young age and I am more than capable of doing it, upset doesn't even describe how I feel.

Bit annoyed considering you can have glasses in the gards. If I had gone in wearing contacts and said nothing I would have gotten away with it, but my moral high horse is too tall for that lark.

Best of luck to everyone else, do yourself proud and be great at your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

AhhMang wrote: »
    Medical yesterday and with my ****ty eyesight comes the end of my application as I can't afford laser especially within six months.This is a career ive wanted since a very young age and I am more than capable of doing it, upset doesn't even describe how I feel.

Bit annoyed considering you can have glasses in the gards. If I had gone in wearing contacts and said nothing I would have gotten away with it, but my moral high horse is too tall for that lark.

Sorry to hear that, but if you done well enough to progress to this stage of the competition, the chances are that you will be able to do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

You should do anything possible to get the money. Borrow it and when u get in u can get it off credit union and pay it back. Its only really a matter of getting fit and your in. Dont let it hold you back or you will regret it for the rest of your days. You may never get the chance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

In regard to the BMI for the medical, how is it done? Is it just calculated or do they do it with callipers?

would you think you'd get away with wearing contacts for the medical? I would've thought they'd spot them straight away, that's fairly interesting for anyone afraid of failing on the eyesight!

• Advertisement
Advertisement