Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ugh, this could get annoying and messy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh, this could get annoying and messy.

Ah it's no different to when there was two Truman Capote films doing the rounds. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah it's no different to when there was two Truman Capote films doing the rounds. :p
    Aye, but Whedon is big on his creativity and original thought. I don't think he'll be happy being beaten to the punch (in terms of release dates) by Singer and at the very least, I'll think he'll be very pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

If done right it could be fantastic (maybe). Then again maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I actually had no idea this was gonna be a kinda sequal to the original movies too.
    /wipes the last stand from memory :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Would be interesting if they kept the same actors for both films.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Probably better off just leaving her out of the Avengers I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Probably better off just leaving her out of the Avengers I would think.

Wrong twin :p.

Although if there was only one of the twins in Avengers, I'd rather it was Wanda. Her history is more connected to the Avengers, while Pietro has had stints with X-factor as well for instance. I still think they'll both be in Avengers though.

Thwip! wrote: »
    Would be interesting if they kept the same actors for both films.

Never gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

at the end of the day though money talks, could turn into we'll allow the actors to be in the avengers for a cut of the profit or have it be that a few more of the roster is availible to Marvel in that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They'll just use a different, likely bigger name actor, and proceed as planned. With the amount of characters in X-Men DOFP, their Quicksilver will likely be lost in the mix. In Avengers 2, a bigger name actor with much more screentime (being in a main cast of 10-12 rather than about 20 in X-Men), not to mention much more marketing behind Avengers 2 than X-Men, the Avengers Quicksilver will become the definitive one. No need for Whedon to change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think with the deviation already present in the marvel series they should just drop the character.

The Avengers phase one made alot of effort to cross the paths before the big picture so I think that story should be preserved and this carry on might risk diluting it and confusing movie-goers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lucas Till is back as Alex Summers/Havoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Nice! He was a decent Alex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Where does this story fit in amongst the rest of the films, chronologically?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Where does this story fit in amongst the rest of the films, chronologically?
    Both after 1st class and after the last stand (with a bit of retconning of the last stand)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Beast looks hideous... and not in the good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well its after first class but before the first X Men film but also after The Wolverine using time travel to clean up allot of stuff and start afresh.

Its an attempt to kick start a X Men type cinema universe that Fox can have to rival the Disney Marvel cinema universe.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Otacon wrote: »
    Beast looks hideous... and not in the good way.

That Beast is from First Class

I like that Wolverine has a yellow costume

• Advertisement

wc9b.jpg

otr3.png

kfpx.png

PmMQUFR.png

Posters

ja61.jpg

8q8i.jpg

Much better than First Class' efforts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Found on reddit.

If Wolverine aged. Clint and Hugh

l6ymnoD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Chinpool wrote: »
    Both after 1st class and after the last stand (with a bit of retconning of the last stand)

What are they actually retconning? Professor X was technically still alive at the end of last stand inside that coma patient guy. Him looking like Patrick stewart could be explained as him projecting himself onto everyone who see's him. Coz he's a telepath like! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kaimera wrote: »
    Found on reddit.

If Wolverine aged. Clint and Hugh

l6ymnoD.jpg

OldManLogan.jpg

Old Man Logan

A cracking read for any comic fans who may have missed it a few years back.

And Clint?

old_man_logan_poster_by_klavious5-d39xqde.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Kirby wrote: »
    What are they actually retconning? Professor X was technically still alive at the end of last stand inside that coma patient guy. Him looking like Patrick stewart could be explained as him projecting himself onto everyone who see's him. Coz he's a telepath like! :P

There is allot of errors,plot holes and things dont make sense between X Men 3, X Men Origins and First Class. Use time travel and reset everything and start a new X Franchise to rival Disney's Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so this movie is x-men fighting robots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

so this movie is x-men fighting robots?

Not robots, Sentinels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

actually really like those designs.

the sentinels could look really shyte in the wrong hands.

• Advertisement

Finally!!! We get to see some actual Sentinel action. If memory serves correctly, weren't they hinted at in a previous movie? Perhaps the first X-Men, but I might have that wrong ...

Advertisement