Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Inbetweeners Movie 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ricero wrote: »
    The scene with jay in the bunkbed watching will was hilarious

What happened afterwards with the
    rape whistle
    was just as funny. All the scenes at the waterpark and when
    simon tried to drink Neil's piss or when he proposed to his girlfriend instead of breaking up with her
    were hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Yeah, it's grand saying that when you know it's a trailer for The Inbetweeners, think about those who see it in the cinema for the first time, not having a clue. It'd be awesome!!

Yes it was a nice surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

Must Say I thoroughly enjoyed this. Miles ahead of the original film.

That being said, I feel like it strayed from the series abit, I think what made the inbetweeners tick was the ****ty uniforms and shenanigans in suburbia. I would have liked to seen the return of some characters from the original series like Donovan and Carly.

Ending seemed rushed, and if im honest, if that's the end I'll be sorely dissapointed. The potential for a third is definitely there. A more sentimental film thats not afraid to take itself seriously in parts. If capitalism is anything to go by we'll get a trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Saw it last night and it is far better than the 1st movie. Lot more simple humour, it felt very clichéd the first one. Neill was in this a lot more and it helped as his character provides the most laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Watching tomorrow, can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Just to echo a lot of the other posters, saw this yesterday and found it quite an improvement on the first one. Quite a few hilarious scenes. Helped that I saw it with an Australian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm going to take back what I said.

I saw this today - was the only person in the cinema - very strange sensation, but it was the first show of the day.

It's a very well rounded film & genuinely shows a maturation of the characters & also the relationship between them.

Although I was the only one in the cinema, there were a lot of times where I was cracking up & I'd say with a full screen it would have been a fantastic experience. I'd actually love them to do a return to TV now with them as adults but I think a third one is a shoe-in.

My only problem with it was
    Will's mum & the headmaster which I thought was forced & not that funny at all & also the crazy girlfriend because I don't remember her character like that in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I get the impression that Will's gf from the first movie was slated to be the main female in this one but they couldn't get her or something? She would have slotted in perfectly as the lover of all things travel, including the douchey antagonist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I saw it tonight and it was absolutely fantastic. It was achingly funny at times. I thought it was miles ahead of the 1st one and just felt more natural. Must say I was shocked when it was over, I was expecting another 30 minutes but I guess that's a great complement when it flew by so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Absolutely delivered what I expected and more!

The scene in the
    water park
    was an orgy of laughs from start to finish, the
    campfire
    was brilliant too!

I didn't expect
    Lucy
    to have
    turned into a lunatic
    but it gave scope for some very funny parts. Wasn't gone on the ending though, felt rushed and
    partnering Mr Gilbert with Will's mum just felt lazy
    . I also thought
    Katie's
    involement in the movie ended rather abruptly.

Overall, though, very happy with it and anyone who gets any enjoyment out of the series is bound to be in knots of laughter at a few intervals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Absolutely delivered what I expected and more!

The scene in the
    water park
    was an orgy of laughs from start to finish, the
    campfire
    was brilliant too!

I didn't expect
    Lucy
    to have
    turned into a lunatic
    but it gave scope for some very funny parts. Wasn't gone on the ending though, felt rushed and
    partnering Mr Gilbert with Will's mum just felt lazy
    . I also thought
    Katie's
    involement in the movie ended rather abruptly.

Overall, though, very happy with it and anyone who gets any enjoyment out of the series is bound to be in knots of laughter at a few intervals.

I missed a little bit of the start but was any explanation offered as to why Neil and Will are still single?

I don't think there would have been any other way to have
    Greg Davies
    in it to be honest and I'm glad they did. If there is a sequel, I'd like to see a bit more of him.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Very funny first half, second half not so much. Still it's the Citizen Kane of comedy compared to Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Definitely better than the first. I nearly died laughing at some of the scenes.
    If you like the Inbetweeners you won't be disappointed I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Saw this again last night, second time to see it and it was just as funny. I need a friend just like Neil!!
    jay: have you been getting your dick wet?
    Neil: I went swimming?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Omackeral wrote: »
    I get the impression that Will's gf from the first movie was slated to be the main female in this one but they couldn't get her or something? She would have slotted in perfectly as the lover of all things travel, including the douchey antagonist.

She was starring in Guardians of the Galaxy, although it was only one scene as Starlords mum. So I can't see that taking that long to do to be fair. So I doubt that.

I liked the film a lot, far better then the first one. yes the humour is a little gross out but it hits the right spots. the scenes in the water park were some of the best moments from the Inbetweeners and Will singing had me in stitches. But the best scene
    Jay having a **** while Will is having it off with Katie
    just the acting from James Buckley was pure comedy timing.

One thing I didn't like even when I saw it in the full trailer was the way they turned Lucy into such a
    Bitch. She cheats on him and trashing his stuff
    , it just seemed too much of a 180 for me personally. I thought Tamla Kari was one of the highlights of the first film, did Lucy ever show any type f that behaviour in the first film. Could they not have had Simon been the settle one of the gang and having doubts about it . I have to say I didn't like anything they did with the ex girlfriends even
    Jay been turned down by his girlfriend from the first one didn't feel right
    . It sort of ruins the first film a little for me cause I liked the girls and ruins the heart of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

OU812 wrote: »
    My only problem with it was
    Will's mum & the headmaster which I thought was forced & not that funny at all & also the crazy girlfriend because I don't remember her character like that in the first.

Oh I agree with you on
    The way Lucy character went didn't sit right with me. The loveable Lucy who goes from the girl we were all rooting for Simon to chose over the horrible Carli in the first movie, turns into a far worse woman then Carli :(. It ruins the first film slightly now for me. As out of all the guys getting together with the girls, I thought Simon and Lucy one was the most loveable. Plus I just didn't find those scenes funny with her all bitchy and crazy, although the marriage proposal was funny with Jay's Aussie uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Saw this yesterday after hearing a lot of not great reviews so went in not expecting much, tis okay alright tbh!

Its basically the tv series but with a better location, a few better laughs and outtakes, not bad like and I did laugh out loud a few times!

Probably wouldnt go see it again, moreso because the puke/crap part actually made me gag a little, think I have an actual fear of seeing that though in general lol, but have to say twas much better than the first movie - so if your a fan of this youll probably love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

good fun for 90minutes. Some decent laughs. It doesn't really go anywhere and it just ends rather abruptly, but it was fun spending time in the company of those four characters again.

Wouldn't be recommending anyone rush out to the cinema to see it or anything, but it's worth a watch when the dvd comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

went to see this yesterday.

perfectly fine way to spend an afternoon. dont think its better than the first , but its not worse than it either.

the fact the lads are so likeable is the key to these films for me and it had me laughing out loud in several places so mission accomplished on the being funny front. jays lip quivering did it for me everytime.

i was a bit wary going in when some said its "gross out comedy" in places, but TBH its not as gratuitious as ive seen in other films.

i'd give it 6.5 out of 10.

probably better to watch on DVD with a few beers , but by no stretch of the imagination a flim not worth seeing in the cinema. left the lads in a nice place i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Liked it, good laugh, definitely better than the first one.
    If you like the inbetweeners I think you'll like it basically.
    Gas to still see jay telling lies no matter how stung with the truth he is :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Saw this earlier. After all the "its better than the first one" reviews I was expecting a lot more. Maybe Id built my expectations up too much.

Some great laugh out loud moments but things like
    Lucy
    's character changing so much and
    shít in face
    humour dragged down the positives for me.

I think the first one is better.

6.5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Thought the first one was better too tbh, good movie though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought it was pretty great, not hugely laugh out loud but just really enjoyable the entire way through, never felt bored or like it was being stretched too thin which happens to a lot of comedy movies. If you like either the TV show or the first movie you'll enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The first one was better than this one. There are around 2 or 3 laugh out loud moments in this which makes it worthwhile
    the part where Will is trying to ride the chick and Jay is jerking off watching them is priceless, Will looking like the Toxic Avenger in the pool is also briliant

Overall its grand and kinda what you'd expect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Devostator

This and slc punk 2!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I remember loving the show, particularly season 1 and 2. Even though there was a bit of cultural difference between the world of the show and my own memories of growing up I felt real recognition, it was the first time that I'd heard someone realistically talk like a teenage boy on the television. It was like foul mouthed poetry. However by the time of season three I thought they'd definitely run out of steam- the guys were too old and there was only so much contrived cringe that I could sit through. I avoided the first movie, the consensus from people I knew was that it wasn't amazing.

So anyways, it was with a serious sense of trepidation that I approached this today. I don't know really what made me decide to take a chance, it was raining heavily outside I suppose, but I was presently surprised by what the film had to offer. It's a totally by the numbers affair, logic doesn't play a huge part in proceedings, characters come and go with no consequence- but I still had a great time. I laughed myself silly in places. The moment involving Jays not so subtle sheet rustling in the hotel nearly caused me to have a heart attack.

Some jokes do fall flat and it is basically just three episodes of the show stuck together, but it's three strong episodes. The best comedy I can remember seeing at the cinema since Goon, and that was two and a half years back. I feel like I'm doing it a disservice to call it stupid- it is in so many ways yes, but there's a demented genius in how the Neanderthal rubbish Jay spouts can sometimes seem like high wit and, most bizarrely of all, charming.

It might be wishing for too much of a good thing but I'd be in favour of a third, provided they'd do it correctly. All the actors have great comic timing and chemistry and I feel like it mightn't be a totally wasted venture.

Oh and how come Blake Harrison is not totally huge? Every single one of Neils lines had me in stitches. He seems the most natural comedian of the lot to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Arghus wrote: »
    Oh and how come Blake Harrison is not totally huge? Every single one of Neils lines had me in stitches. He seems the most natural comedian of the lot to me.
    I think he focuses on his dancing and other "proper" arts and isn't too bothered about conventional stardom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very disappointed with this.

The first, while not a classic by any means, was a lot of fun but this one felt terribly forced.

The reveal with Wills mum for example was fcukin stupid.

The only good thing about it was Neil, some really good lines and his delivery was top notch.

With little else to do today I thought I'd give this a shot and went in with low expectations and spent the best part of 90 minutes laughing. No one is going to mistake anything here for high art, it's juvenile, ridiculous and more often than not appeals directly to the lowest common denominator but when it hits it's amongst the funniest fare you'll see this year.

Some of the characterizations were a little odd, turning Lucy into a nutter was unexpected and her bunny boiling wasn't all that funny though it did give us the priceless proposal scene. The strongest aspect of the show was always the love between the four leads and it was when the film played into that, that it really worked. Will running after the car and the scene that followed was a joy to watch and it's nice to have a comedy full of gross out humour remember that you have to have a little humanity there too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement