Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Remouad wrote: »
    Well since they're now rounding pennies €99.99 is €100.

If you're paying cash of course.

Nope, it's still €99.99, you're just not getting your 1c change, thats all. Rounding doesn't affect the amount on the receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can you add something to it to bring it over €100? Like a €1 book?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I bought the snowspeeder today and got forty off, that rounding up counted for me anyways as it's 199.99 and I got it for 160!

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Can you add something to it to bring it over €100? Like a €1 book?

Yes, you can. Here are the exclusions:
    Offer excludes purchases of gift, savings, digital download or POSA cards, plastic bags, video games, games consoles, gaming chairs, Samsung and Kurio tablets, Skylanders figures, Disney Infinity figures, LEGO Dimensions, Gaming figures, Gaming plush, accessories or electronics

Spocker wrote: »
    Yes, you can. Here are the exclusions:

Grand, I'll add the ghostbusters firehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Grand, I'll add the ghostbusters firehouse.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Stolen from Bargain Alerts, LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech - 70615 for only €19.39/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

mcgovern wrote: »
    Stolen from Bargain Alerts, LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech - 70615 for only €19.39/

On the Argos site it says it's available to order for collection, however when I ordered it and got the email confirmation, there was no reservation number or any mention of the item that was supposedly reserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

On the Argos site it says it's available to order for collection, however when I ordered it and got the email confirmation, there was no reservation number or any mention of the item that was supposedly reserved

Same here. maybe they will send a number when item will be available on stock.

I made a print screen with the price just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Greg81 wrote: »
    Same here. maybe they will send a number when item will be available on stock.

I made a print screen with the price just to be on the safe side.

If you didn't get the number in the email then it's not reserved.
    Did the page at the end of the reservation have a code?
    Said "Out of stock" for me.

Remouad wrote: »
    If you didn't get the number in the email then it's not reserved.
    Did the page at the end of the reservation have a code?
    Said "Out of stock" for me.

Likewise for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Yep. out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭SteM

My reservation email has a reservation number, guess that might be a good sign.

mcgovern wrote: »

Got an message saying mine was ready to pick up. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Argos have Lego Star Wars First order Star destroyer down from 128 to 42.50

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7119640.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783

none in stock but orderable to stores

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

crazyderk wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7119640.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783

That’s some price!

Even though we have the original star Destroyer I’ve reserved one... have a decision to make....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Thank you. My mate is a major star wars and lego fan. This is a perfect christmas present. Just ordered one there now

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

how do you order one when not in stock ?

Clara B wrote: »
    how do you order one when not in stock ?

Same as reserving. Just select your store and It gives you an option and you get the text email as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not on the dot co dot uk site unfortunately. :(

wont let me order it

When you go to reserve it they give a message that says "Can be ordered for collection" on a date.

At least in the Dun Laoghaire store they're offering that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Dades wrote: »
    When you go to reserve it they give a message that says "Can be ordered for collection" on a date.

At least in the Dun Laoghaire store they're offering that.

When you proceed to order it says out of stock and there is no order reference generated.

Guess they spotted that its an error and blocked the product until corrected.

Well done to anyone and best of luck when collecting if you got an order reference generated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Wow, I’d say they were updating the price to reflect a small discount, but somehow made the error of not putting the “1” in front of the “42.50”. Well done to people saving a whopping €100 on this set!

Wow, I’d say they were updating the price to reflect a small discount, but somehow made the error of not putting the “1” in front of the “42.50”. Well done to people saving a whopping €100 on this set!

They don't have to sell at that price as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I guess they won't honour it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Has anyone actually got a reservation number?

pcadhain wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got a reservation number?

Yeah, I did. Email said she to be picked up between next Thursday and Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I have an email with reservation number for between tuesday and thursday. Heres hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Yes I got a number. I wouldn't buy a big set like this otherwise. Hope it goes through.

I got an reservation email but with no reservation number

I've a number for a pickup between Monday and Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Picked up the Star Destroyer today, despite the reservation email originally saying Pick up from Thursday, got a text message today. So went and got it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Picked up the Star Destroyer today, despite the reservation email originally saying Pick up from Thursday, got a text message today. So went to and got it.

And they gave it for the stated price? Nice, congrats. Out of curiosity, what store was this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

And they gave it for the stated price? Nice, congrats. Out of curiosity, what store was this?

Kilkenny. Didn't have much hope tbh, wife went and got it, thought she'd be better at arguing the toss but wasn't any fuss or querying at all.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Wow sweet and great spot! I remember [EMAIL="S@H"]S@H[/EMAIL] made a similar mistake when they did their star wars promos earlier in the year. Instead of taking €38 off the X Wing they listed it for €38. I regret not getting on at that price as it was fixed within an hour or so

Just picked up mine there in Tallaght. Just went to the terminals and reservation came up for €43 so happy days!

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fconno316

cant belive i missed this. Has anyone a spare code for the dublin area?

• Advertisement

Just got my text to say ready for collection, so hope i can just do it at the self service kiosk and be gone. Will know in an hour.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Just got my text to say ready for collection, so hope i can just do it at the self service kiosk and be gone. Will know in an hour.

Thad what i did. Wasnt a bother on it!

Naid23 wrote: »
    Thad what i did. Wasnt a bother on it!

I just got a call off them to say i cant get it for that price will have to pay full price. So idk is it still worth driving there to try on the kiosk or not.
    Would they have removed the reservation number or have it blocked so it wont work on the kiosk now?

Jacovs wrote: »
    I just got a call off them to say i cant get it for that price will have to pay full price. So idk is it still worth driving there to try on the kiosk or not.
    Would they have removed the reservation number or have it blocked so it wont work on the kiosk now?

Which store did you order it in?

SteM wrote: »
    Which store did you order it in?

Omni. They had sold one today while being aware of the misprice but wouldnt sell it to me, thats coming from the manager herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

Tried with my code this evening and price is back to normal ,: ( ah well would have been nice to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

geotrig wrote: »
    Tried with my code this evening and price is back to normal ,: ( ah well would have been nice to get

I had the same problem this morning in Navan but the manager honoured the reservation price. Also picked up ninjago fire mech for €19.39. That’s santy sorted, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Was refused earlier today in Dun Laoghaire

Was refused earlier today in Dun Laoghaire
    Well that saves me sending my missis down to DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Was refused in the ilac and got one in Stephens green!

Got refused in tallaght. They told me they left me a voice mail to tell me about the price change but I didn't get any voice mail or missed call from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement