Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOOK READERS - What are you looking forward to in Season 4 - SPOILERS!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jon Snow - Election
    GerB40 wrote: »
    I'd say the nights king/land of always winter scene changed your mind on that.

The reader's thread just became people crying about spoilers when we already knew what happened to Craster's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Stannis & Wildlings / The Wall
    Blay wrote: »
    The reader's thread just became people crying about spoilers when we already knew what happened to Craster's son.

There's no pleasing some people..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Oberyn / Mountain scene - you know!
    GerB40 wrote: »
    This is a book readers thread so you can discuss them to your hearts content.. Regarding that scene, I wonder if he'll actually be riding Shae or will she even be there?
    Bronn told Tyrion he was certain she was gone away on that ship, why would he lie? I'm sure something will be different about that scene but I've no clue what.
    I will miss Tywin though, he's such a clever bástard, such a príck, such a legend.

Thanks for the clarification.

IIRC, Cersei made a point of poiting out Shae to Tywin at Joff's wedding just before she was "spirited away". So Tywin has seen her and knows who she is. There's every chance he's been able to intercept her and have her secreted away to the Tower of the Hand, ready for the betrayal. We also know that Bronn betrays Tyrion for the hand of Lollys and some land. He could easily have been paid by Tywin to tell Tyrion that Shae is safely away. Bronn is still a sell sword, as we're constantly reminded. He can bought, despite his charms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Stannis & Wildlings / The Wall
    Thanks for the clarification.

IIRC, Cersei made a point of poiting out Shae to Tywin at Joff's wedding just before she was "spirited away". So Tywin has seen her and knows who she is. There's every chance he's been able to intercept her and have her secreted away to the Tower of the Hand, ready for the betrayal. We also know that Bronn betrays Tyrion for the hand of Lollys and some land. He could easily have been paid by Tywin to tell Tyrion that Shae is safely away. Bronn is still a sell sword, as we're constantly reminded. He can bought, despite his charms.

True, it looks like it's shaping up that way. The Tywin/Shae/Bronn betrayal will make people feel fair sorry for poor ould Tyrion. That is, until he gets his hands on a crossbow and "sorts out" his daddy issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lysa Arryn / Sansa scene - you know
    Tywin also ordered that no ship was to leave Kings Landing in order to try and find Sansa. Bronn might have told the truth when he said Shae was onboard but she may not have even got the chance to set sail.
    It will be interesting to see what they do with her though - she'll have to be a complete bitch in the next few episodes in order for us to hate her enough to justify Tyrion killing her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Tywin also ordered that no ship was to leave Kings Landing in order to try and find Sansa. Bronn might have told the truth when he said Shae was onboard but she may not have even got the chance to set sail.
    It will be interesting to see what they do with her though - she'll have to be a complete bitch in the next few episodes in order for us to hate her enough to justify Tyrion killing her.

I'd be alright with seeing her in Tywins bed. That would be enough for me to justify Tyrion killing her....anyone else?

Unless they do actually bring her into the trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

4Dlolz wrote: »
    I'd be alright with seeing her in Tywins bed. That would be enough for me to justify Tyrion killing her....anyone else?

Unless they do actually bring her into the trial.
    I think they're more likely to do the trial than the Tywin scene but they'll probably do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I don't think that they'll realistically be able to justify it. Shae has her hands tied, so to speak; neither Tywin nor Cersei would baulk at having her killed.

Tyrion is one of the most likeable characters and certainly one of the most watchable, but he's his father's son. If they include his murder of Shae then it'll be interesting to see if viewers are prepared to whitewash his sins or if it'll be a dealbreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Jon Snow - Election
    Well, post season, did your most anticipated scene become your favourite scene?

the arrival of Stannis at the wall was great, from the distance. The overhead view of the two arms of cavalry spiraling into the woods was great - but the close up of the wildling army (Mance + 2 or 3 extras) was a bit flat.

My favourite scene of the season was during the trial of Tyrion when he gave his 'I am on trail for being a dwarf' speech. That was powerful.

Though the one scene that had me grinning like an idiot was almost a throw away from episode 1 - in the Lord Commander's chambers and Joffrey saying - "4 pages for Duncan the Tall."

So anyone's favourite scene actually their most anticipated?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I picked the Tywin/Tyrion scene as my most anticipated one but I was disappointed with it, it lacked a lot of the emotion I expected. Overall though I thought it was a fantastic season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Most anticipated for me was the Trial by combat. Enjoyed it and Oberyn's character, thought Pascal did a great job. Felt the fight could have gone on longer but still...head popping moment was deadly!!!
    Most disappointed with Tyrion's escape and all that that entailed. Felt the emotional punch wasnt there..mostly beacuse of the Jaime goodbye being changed and no mention of Tysha. Really wanted to see a bitter Tyrion take them all out, instead we got sorrowful one.
    Highlight was Tyrion's speech at the trial... Probably my favourite moment of S4. He deserves whatever awards are coming his way. Close second was Tyrion and Oberyn's chat in the cells. Cant believed Pedro Pascal filmed that on his first day of shooting!!! Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It wasn't anticipated as it wasn't in the books but I thought Brienne vs the Hound was awesome and better than Oberyn vs the Mountain. It was so gritty and dirty, exactly what fighting in those times would've been like. I burst out laughing when the Hound fanny kicked Brienne, definitely didn't see that coming :eek::D The Hound baiting Arya to kill him and having it back fire was brilliant too.

Maisie Williams is a spectacular actress. She was amazing in all her scenes with Tywin and the Hound and really held her own. It's funny how both of those guys only ever referred to her as "girl" and even though both of them were using her, in their own way they looked out for her too. Tywin when he was telling her that low born girls say M'Lord, not My Lord and the Hound when he was telling Brienne that there is nowhere safe for her to go and he was looking after her.

I really hope they do her justice next season with the Faceless men.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I was disappointed with the Tyrion & Tywin showdown to be honest. As people have mentioned it lacked emotion. The stuff in Kingslanding this season was enjoyable with the addition of Obeyrn. The trial was done very well and Peter Dinklage will get a grammy for that! :)

The Mountain & the Viper was done brilliantly although it felt short, Pedro Pascal done an amazing job. I was as gutted when he died as I was in the books so that says it all.

Ayra & the Hound was done even better than the books so that is a credit to both Massie Williams and Rory McCann. Every scene with those two were brilliant including the stuff that was added in.

For the first time since season 1 I enjoyed the scenes up around & beyond the wall. Especially the battle and when Stannis the one true king of Westeros arrived :) . Bran's storyline is finally going to get interesting and I can see some flashbacks happening next season. I also liked the shock of the king of Winter being shown(or whatever his title is!).

The stuff with Reek & the Bolton's was done very well to be fair to the show. Really shows how much of a lap dog Theon is turned in to. It will be interesting now seeing how he breaks that later on.

The stuff with Dany was ****e in my opinion, wasn't happy with it at all. It was all very boring. It will get better in the future if they do the Bad ass Barry scenes justice.

Season needed more Stannis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

It's a shame about the Tryion & Jamie interaction while Tyrion was being released from prison. In the book this was a very important part of the reasoning behind why Tryion went ahead and killed Tywin. I.e. the whole Tysha reveal and the "wherever whores go" thing. This was missing from the show yet the whole thing is so important to Tyrions character!

I did enjoy this series overall, I think some of the changes from the books have been beneficial to making the show more enjoyable and fleshing it out a bit. Brienne vs the Hound stands out as one of these for me. That fight was awesome!

Now all I want is someone to lock GRRM in his room and not let him out till he gives us Winds of Winter :D

Advertisement