Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a power shower and electric shower be setup together?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It is a water bye law that a domestic dwelling must have a cold water storage of 220litres of water, ( approx 50gallons).

I'm still waiting for some evidence that this is a law... can anyone provide a link please?

No link = it's bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Then the simple answer is...
    Yes you can.
    In the manner described by others and myself, as long as a priority switching relay box is installed.
    It makes no difference if the showers are in the same bathroom or different bathrooms as long as the correct wiring and plumbing installation requirements are met.

The op is getting confusing now. I think the final setup will be a mixer (power) shower, and electric. But is now thinking of changing the electric one as well to facilitate removal of the attic tank, which seems strange.

Anyway, fitting a mixer shower is asked about in the first quote and keep existing pumped electric. Then its removal of attic water tank mentioned in second quote, and fit mains fed electric, and presumably also add in the mixer shower.

Having 2 electric showers over 1 bath would be completely pointless, and is likely not being considered.
    mrcheez wrote: »
    Our bathroom currently has a Triton electric shower, but I'd like to get a power shower installed.
    Can you run an electric shower off the main water supply, or only from the tank in the attic?

I've often seen messages on Triton showers saying it cannot be run from main water supply.

Just that I may get rid of the water tank in the attic presuming I went for combi and all taps were connected to the mains, so that may negate the possibility of getting the electric backup.
    current one is water-tank fed.. I was asking about mains-fed electric showers

Bruthal wrote: »
    The op is getting confusing now. I think the final setup will be a mixer (power) shower, and electric. But is now thinking of changing the electric one as well to facilitate removal of the attic tank, which seems strange.

There's no confusion at all, the requirements have simply changed as the conversation has evolved ;)

It's quite simple. Combi-boiler will be installed. Attic tank and immersion will be removed. Power shower will be installed. Triton T80 will be added as a backup when the boiler goes down.

So, in summary, existing electric shower will be removed and replaced with a T80.

Incidentally thanks to all for suggestions!

There's no confusion at all, the requirements have simply changed as the conversation has evolved ;)

There was confusion. Your ideas "evolved", but you posted them ad hoc along the way. Look at this full quote..

That makes if look like you changed your entire plan, as you already have an electric shower, and your original question was, can you add a power shower as well. And you did not reference the above quote with your changing ideas.

Another poster who quoted that, thinks you are now going to have 2 electric showers, and I had to make assumptions to post a reply to him suggesting you are now swapping electric showers, and adding a power shower.

You are assuming confusion can only lie with you, and it cant exist if you know what you want in your evolving ideas.

Anway good luck with it.

The core topic was "can both electric and power showers be used on the same bath". There was no mention of 2 electric showers so I believe that whoever suggested 2 electric showers evidently got confused. The core topic was never strayed from. The only thing that changed was that I would exchange the existing electric shower for another model.

I believe most other people were able to follow this thread with no problems. :)

• Advertisement

Our bathroom currently has a Triton electric shower, but I'd like to get a power shower installed.

Is it possible to keep the electric shower in place to serve as a backup in case the boiler stops working and there's no hot water for the power shower?
    so I was wondering if it was possible to have a backup shower available (via the existing Triton electric shower I already have installed)

Now post #30 just fired in, with no reference to anything else.
    There was no mention of 2 electric showers so I believe that whoever suggested 2 electric showers evidently got confused.
    I wonder why:)
    The core topic was never strayed from. The only thing that changed was that I would exchange the existing electric shower for another model.
    Which is what I said, to another poster. But I can fully understand how confusion arose. You cant see how, that`s fair enough.
    I believe most other people were able to follow this thread with no problems. :)
    Most others seemed to have stopped replying when the mind reading was required:D

lol and I thought computer programmers were anal

incidentally just so you're clear (and to hopefully end this juvenile pedantry), post #24 is where the conversation switched to the "mains-fed electric shower" as suggested by another poster and where the line of enquiry then proceeded (or "evolved") from there ... and "via the existing Triton electric" means "using the existing Triton electric" ... no "additional electric shower" mentioned there my friend :P

Hope that's clearer for you.

lol and I thought computer programmers were anal

At least they are logical:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

I'm still waiting for some evidence that this is a law... can anyone provide a link please?

No link = it's bull****

Splash out and buy yourself a copy of the water bye laws
    , or give your local water council office a call, in Dublin its in Marrowbone lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

No link = it's bull****

Page 27, only for Dublin city council though.

http://www.dublincity.ie/SiteCollectionDocuments/Dublin_City_Council_Waterworks_Regulations.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Kingdom Man

Is it possible to keep the electric shower in place to serve as a backup in case the boiler stops working and there's no hot water for the power shower?

Hi i want to put a power shower and electric shower in my en-suite and was wondering how you got on with this any pictures? i will have 2 separate water feeds.

Went perfectly well together. I would primarily use the power shower head on the wall-attachment, and then just swap with the electric shower if anything goes tits-up (there is another small attachment positioned to the side of the electric shower box to hold whichever shower head is not in use... to keep it all tidy). Probably a good idea to run the electric shower once a month too.

I'm decorating up the place so have removed all shower attachments so couldn't really show you in a picture just yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Went perfectly well together. I would primarily use the power shower head on the wall-attachment, and then just swap with the electric shower if anything goes tits-up (there is another small attachment positioned to the side of the electric shower box to hold whichever shower head is not in use... to keep it all tidy). Probably a good idea to run the electric shower once a month too.

I'm decorating up the place so have removed all shower attachments so couldn't really show you in a picture just yet.

we want pics...we want pics...we want pics.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kingdom Man

(there is another small attachment positioned to the side of the electric shower box to hold whichever shower head is not in use... to keep it all tidy).

Thanks for that i will be using the power shower most of the time as well nothing like it!! this thing on the side to hold the shower head not in use where can i get this or did it come with the electric shower? Thanks.

Came with the Triton T80...it's Nothing fancy but does the trick... If u need photos in 2 weeks let me know as I'll reattach everything then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Do ya have 2 cars incase one wont start?

You could be doubling up on things all day long

I put 2 teabags in me cuppa tea...:pac::D

Advertisement