Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire HD is official

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

brmccfc wrote: »
    im in the same boat as yourself. rang up a meteor store today and they had no idea. but according to their facebook they should be getting them in oct/nov no ideas on price

At a guess I'd say they would be in around the same pricing as the Desire and Galaxy are currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

id expect it to be more expensive than the 2...its either the old desire and sgs is gonna drop prices or the evo or desire hd will be more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

id expect it to be more expensive than the 2...its either the old desire and sgs is gonna drop prices or the evo or desire hd will be more expensive.

I'm taking a guess that the Desire HD will just replace the Desire in the current range. At least thats kind of my hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Tbh if they're not able to get the more Desires in the HD and Z will just replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

It's a bit odd that both the new phones have a smaller capacity battery then the Desire though, that's a bit off-putting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    It's a bit odd that both the new phones have a smaller capacity battery then the Desire though, that's a bit off-putting.

Thats what i was thinking aswell. But seeing as they wont have the 'Power Hungry' AMOLED it might not make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I was looking forward to the Desire Z... but I was hoping for a 4" screen, and something better than an 800mhz processor. Storage space is still low at 1.5GB.

I don't think either of these will get an official Gingerbread update as well, as then they'll have to lose Sense.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Thats what i was thinking aswell. But seeing as they wont have the 'Power Hungry' AMOLED it might not make a difference.

well the screen eats the most battery life. if the SLCD is as efficient as they say this should drop it down and still hopefully give you a days use for an average user.

though don't find this a problem :) it aint an iPhone you can pop a 2nd battery in :)

i know some people said in XDA they carry around around 5 spare batteries :)

i only got one spare though :) comes pure handy when you cant get to a charger or have no time for charging

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Damn.

I watched this:

And now I want one :D

Think I might have to upgrade my Desire after all :(

(might as well click through and watch it in HD!)

nothing new in that really. just a few sense tweaks. ofcourse once the rom comes out it will be ported to other older HTC devices even if htc wont give an official upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

I'll be wanting the Desire HD. So miss my Desire. Now does anyone want a *3 week old iPhone 4???

*Not an advert!

my dog needs a new chewing toy :) you could donate it to him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

Speaking of the new sense

Well a system dump is already out. Its just a matter of time till it gets coded into ROM's and fixed up and polished

He actually had it for a while
    Sorry guys it could have been faster, I´ve access to this device since 2 weeks, but never thought about a dump before...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Goodshape wrote: »
    Damn.

I watched this:

<youtbe video>

They've made that video private now :confused:. I assume that's a mistake.

Goodshape wrote: »
    They've made that video private now . I assume that's a mistake.

That's weird innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm hoping the desire Z appears on o2 shortly. I've asked on their forums, but the o2 rep who replied didn't have any information on whether they'd be carrying it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

JohnK wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it look bloody huge?

Yeah Its 4.3 inches. Too big. Its same size as Touch HD and HD2.

Don't know why they've made it this big - shooting the thing in the foot before it gets off the starting line. Instantly put me off one - I'll stick with my Desire non-HD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Don't know why they've made it this big - shooting the thing in the foot before it gets off the starting line.

I'm sure they are terribly disappointed you won't be getting one. Maybe the thousands of others in their target demographic will be of some consolation to them...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'm sure they are terribly disappointed you won't be getting one. Maybe the thousands of others in their target demographic will be of some consolation to them...

Oh aren't you the witty one trying to pick arguments with someone on a forum over nothing.

I suspect those people in the demographic will opt for an iphone as its smaller but still has the HD etc. I owned a HTC TouchHd previous to the Desire. Its just that bit to big to be as convenient as an iphone or a Desire. Same will be true of Desire HD. Whilst some HTc/android fanboys might be it for the sake of it, for many business users its just a half inch too big. The market will tell us the answer in due time. But certainly as a typical Desire owner I would not be buying a bigger more expensive phone merely for the HD. Most of the target market will already have recently gotten a perfectaly good Desire or an iphone4 already. Why would they bother to upgrade for something less convenient and not really that much better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Oh aren't you the witty one trying to pick arguments with someone on a forum over nothing.

I suspect those people in the demographic will opt for an iphone as its smaller but still has the HD etc. I owned a HTC TouchHd previous to the Desire. Its just that bit to big to be as convenient as an iphone or a Desire. Same will be true of Desire HD. Whilst some HTc/android fanboys might be it for the sake of it, for many business users its just a half inch too big. The market will tell us the answer in due time. But certainly as a typical Desire owner I would not be buying a bigger more expensive phone merely for the HD. Most of the target market will already have recently gotten a perfectaly good Desire or an iphone4 already. Why would they bother to upgrade for something less convenient and not really that much better ?

As the evo 4G has shown there's definitely a demand for phones of this size. Hence the release of the HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

It's 4mm taller than the desire and 8mm wider. Hardly a brick.

I think you missed the point of my witty retort. There are plenty of people who do want a large phone as has been proven by the success of the Evo 4 & HD2. You may not want one, but there are other options for you... Don't get annoyed just because the Desire HD isn't the exact phone you wanted.

believe me once you go above 4" you won't want to go back. i couldn't imagine myself after using the hd2 for over half a year going back to a tiny 3"+ screen

i also thought it would to big in some cases but its not

• Registered Users Posts: 45,144 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/meteor?v=wall&story_fbid=154278141262897&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment

Meteor confirming to me on Facebook that the Desire HD will release on their network October/November.

Christmas present picked (unless a better phone is announced between now and then)!

on the same link as in the quote, Meteor have confirmed that the Desire Z will also be coming to the Meteor network.

We shall agree to disagree so.

Incidentally - have they stopped making the standard Desire or something ?
    I keep hearing they are out of stock for months and months. Have they simply switched production to newer models ?

no they have been in stock. just no one wants to give Ireland any ;)

suppose their having a hard time to keep up with a high demand since the desire stock has been empty for such a long time and so many people want em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Bugzy wrote: »
    no they have been in stock. just no one wants to give Ireland any ;)

suppose their having a hard time to keep up with a high demand since the desire stock has been empty for such a long time and so many people want em :)

O2 seems to have stock online. I keep hearing people saying no one has stock of the desire whats up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

funnyclub wrote: »
    O2 seems to have stock online. I keep hearing people saying no one has stock of the desire whats up with that?

Well nobody want one from O2:p

lol the new sense rom leaked. got extracted and ported already on the motorola milestone :) guess the next one is HD2 ;)

• Advertisement

HD2 was done already

Advertisement