Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Great series and very good ending. One thing that distracts me is that I keep thinking that the events that happened are so dramatatic that they would have to be brought up in any later story lines.
    I can't see how he can do four seasons pre Red Dragon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Do you think they could reimagine the source material and cast Clarice Starling in the next season or two? Or is it way to early in Hannibal's life? (I don't know how much time passed between Manhunter and TSOTL in Harris' novels).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Mr E wrote: »
    Do you think they could reimagine the source material and cast Clarice Starling in the next season or two? Or is it way to early in Hannibal's life? (I don't know how much time passed between Manhunter and TSOTL in Harris' novels).

MGM owns the rights to Silence of the Lambs and as a result Clarice and won't let them use the character. Bryan Fuller hopes that they'll change their mind in the future, but I don't think he's holding his breath. Would love to see what they'd do with Clarice in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

This is a brilliant show head and shoulders above most of everything else thats knocking around. Love its dark atmosphere, the photography alone is worth the price of admission. My only fear is that a show this dark and of such high quality wouldnt have great ratings in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

tunguska wrote: »
    My only fear is that a show this dark and of such high quality wouldnt have great ratings in the states.

It doesn't.

But for once NBC are using their heads and realising that producing something of worth, which might bring some credibility back to their station when it's at rock-bottom, trumps immediate financial/ratings concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryan Fuller has confirmed rumors that he has reached out to David Bowie to see if he's interested and available for the second season of NBC's "Hannibal".
    If cast, Bowie would play Hannibal's uncle Count Robert Lecter, a character who briefly appeared in the books. Production on the series resumes in August in Toronto - Source E Online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Mr E wrote: »

Originally there was a five year gap between the time Lector was captured and the events of Silence of the Lambs.

However, this show seems to have already rewritten the history insofar as Graham appears to be forming and earlier and different sort of relationship with Lector. So I guess anything is possible.

Personally though I think I'd keep Starling out of this story and keep it a Graham v Lector thing. Clarice is almost more of a "next generation" character for want of a better description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,574 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Had a bit of a Hannibal binge the last couple of nights and am now up to ep 9. After a strong first episode I thought it kind of lost itself somewhat until episode 5/6. Frankly, it was a bit boring for a while. However, it pulls up its socks big time from the mid season point and gets into its stride. It looks great, and a lot of the screen compositions (generally with a good splash of red in the background) remind me of Tarsem Singh's visually stunning films.

I also find some of Lecter's dialogue to be difficult to decipher and I think having so many 'show off' serial killers at work in the same general location and at the same time is stretching things a bit far but hey....

niallon wrote: »
    Hannibal played a dangerous game tipping off Will. What was stopping Tobias ratting him out as revenge whilst captured? Seemed to be a very strange gamble that Hannibal just hoped Tobias would be killed in pursuit.
    Tobias had said he would kill the police who came for him and then kill Franklin (his 'friend'). I presumed that's why Lecter tipped him off - trying to get both Graham and Franklin offed (as both were perhaps getting close to the idea that Lecter could be more than he seems). Lecter or even the police would then kill Tobias. I doubt Tobias was suspicious about Lecter as Tobias had already said he expected the police to call to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

comic con panel fuller slade dancy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixBpId84Ubg interesting but no mads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

AV Club are running a few of articles walking through first season with Fuller.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

What a finale for Hannibal!............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

What a finale for Hannibal!............

Agreed, it was top drawer stuff. Cant wait for the 2nd series because this is head and shoulders above most things on the box.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just finished this. Made sure to watch a HD rip of the finale with all the lights out and it was a very intense experience, right from the freaky dream at the start and that engine noise revving up around me.

It was an excellent season with a superb performance from Mikkelsen. I found his interpretation of Hannibal far more interesting than Hopkins's.

Glad it got a second season. It's so dark that it even makes "Millennium" seem like a comedy at times (they never drove Frank Black so far off the edge). Also one of the most beautiful TV shows on at the moment - can't think of anything that can quite match it. Now for something more cheery..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Enjoyed that. Not amazing yet but with just enough each time make you want another course.

Roll on season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Not sure what to make of that. Who, or what, is a
    Verger
    ?

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of that. Who, or what, is a
    Verger
    ?

This may help IBW..

Bryan Fuller likes to tease us Fannibals......:)

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Mason_Verger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Haha, wtf
    Verger also drinks martinis with children's tears in them.

I really want one of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

This may help IBW..

Bryan Fuller likes to tease us Fannibals......:)

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Mason_Verger

I won't be happy until he brings in Multiple Miggs!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Thought it was Mads playing the villain in Sherlock the other night, never knew he had an actor brother. They're trying to out psychopath each other.

Trailer here.
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65810

Spoliers
    So is it Graham that cops on to Lector?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

ZZkz0Pl.png
    Round 1 to Dr. Lecter - just look at that superior smile. I almost want him to win.

Really looking forward to this, not least of which will include seeing lavishl meals that look gorgeous but might offend my sensibilities...

Looking forward to getting back into this, stopped watching series 1 over the whole episode 5 not being shown and then never got around to it once that episode was available. We really are being spoilt with all the great TV on atm, looking back over the past year and there's a good dozen shows I wanna catch up on and a handful more that recently started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Looking forward to this show, though I'm gonna wait til the season is over (April/May, I guess?) before I watch any of them.

IIRC I watched all of Season 1 over a single weekend, so I know if I start watching S2 ep by ep that the wait will kill me!

hannibal-s2-poster-nbc.jpg

The premiere of Hannibal S2 airs tonight on NBC at 10pm EST (3am GMT). No word as far as I'm aware on when it's being aired in the UK/Ireland, Sky living has been very quiet on the matter.

Embrace the Madness!!........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The season 2 opener is already on the internet!!!

jenjenten wrote: »
    The season 2 opener is already on the internet!!!

Brilliant start.....It's only going to get better!.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I like the two quotes taken from Red Dragon:
    Chilton "fumbling at his head like a freshman pulling a panty girdle"
    Graham "You want to know how he's choosing them, don't you?"

The best looking show on TV right now, for sure.

Solid start, if maybe a little baggy in pacing.

'Memories are all I have' - that a nod to Silence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Have it downloading here now. Watch it later. Deadly.
    Delighted it's back.

Lecter saying "He was a flounder"....

I love his little quips when he puts the lovely plate in front of his diner. :)

***Winston***.......:(.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Just finished it there now. Love it.
    The fight with Morpheus was very good. And Gillian Anderson is a fine bit of stuff.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Just finished it there now. Love it.
    The fight with Morpheus was very good. And Gillian Anderson is a fine bit of stuff.

She might be Hannibal's nemesis yet!!

I wonder what he has on her?...

Must be something to do with her attacker....

• Advertisement

good podcast discussion with byran fuller about his writing career and how he mirrors the Harris books in the first 3 seasons http://www.nerdist.com/2014/02/nerdist-writers-panel-129-bryan-fuller/
    interesting they reveal that they fid out at the end of the season, cos its hard for us to believe they don't see it

Last week's 12 weeks earlier tease was fun. I presume little breadcrumbs will be dropped along the way now until Crawford twigs something's up.

Any idea what era the cages area from, or is it that they're just well-worn? Sometimes the forensic babble is the least interesting aspect of the show, mostly when they're in the lab, and then we had that Beethoven inflected seasoned shank montage! That, and how good Hannibal looks in a plastic suit. I'd like to see more of Cynthia Nixon's character - she seems interesting.

'Hello. Love your work'.

thats was gruesome, had to look away,how a medical forensic expert not tell that someone ripped themselves out

Anyone elses mouth watering during the cooking?

Ipso wrote: »
    Anyone elses mouth watering during the cooking?

There's always one....:D

• Advertisement

Very good second episode, loved the way Will is playing Hannibal...

Roll on the Court case!..

i've always wondered about the balance of freak of the week versus the main arc,in hannibal the serial killers are only there to serve the the main story which is unusual, bryan fuller expressed his motivation for making a story about somebody killing for the beatufy of our varied skin colours but we didn't really get the motivation from the killer.

Acting opposite Cynthia Nixon would probably suck the lifeblood out of most people.

Chilton is a slippery fecker. Defence lawyer was also good. The thing with the judge...sort of mixed feelings, almost like the show slipped into parody, but hey. Think the court room stuff was fine, enjoyed the music, as always.

would hannibal make up his mind

One for the squeamish-o-meter. There is something about the purity of honey. Bella Crawford's scene was pretty heartbreaking, really. The Hannibal/Chilton scene made for some good fireworks, methinks.

Memories and breadcrumbs starting to fall into place and then there was that inevitable ending.

Graham remembered an awful lot in this episode

this is a fantastic show, fantastic source characters to base it on, including Dr. Frederick Chilton

'we must stick together'

stupid move on katz's part but was the graham's fault he put her on that path

the preview explains some of what happened in the previous episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

2.04 was ridiculously good. Fantastic ending scene, even by Hannibal standards.

It was rather Silence of the Lambs, wasn't it? Lone agent vs. killer, in his lair.

I'd love to know who is in the basement.....

That wasn't Bev who was deep breathing/panting down there!....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'd love to know who is in the basement.....

That wasn't Bev who was deep breathing/panting down there!....

Abigail Hobbs? Never thought she was really dead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement