Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should\Will Mancini be sacked after spending squillions and winning nowt this season?

• 26-03-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Should\Will Mancini be sacked after spending squillions and winning nowt this season?

Yes, I am assuming that Utd will win the league but its not that unlikely at this stage.

Other points against him
    The Tevez affair, the ongoing Balo saga and moaning about lack of transfer funds, the early exit from the CL, havent exactly covered him or the club in glory.

So, it will be very interesting to see how Citys owners react.
    Hughes was sacked for failing to reach the top four, so I think its likely that he will go, especially if Mourinho does actually leave RM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No he shouldnt be sacked but will he? I'm not sure.

This City team isnt far from winning the league and if they dont do it this year they certainly will have more hunger to do it next year.

Mourhino could be thrown stupid to take over but lets not forget hes already on €150,000 a week at Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

He won't be sacked, he's done well, it's rediculous to expect a league winning side in 1 1/2 seasons. give him time he's doing well just poor away form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thread title - you're doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Out of the two teams spending "sqillions" then Mancini is doing a job compared to the Chelsea Circus .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

mixednuts wrote: »
    Out of the two teams spending "sqillions" then Mancini is doing a job compared to the Chelsea Circus .

Chelsea won the league in the second season of having a billionaire owner, man city have spenthuge on wages and transfers and have done so for three seasons now, still no premier league to show for it.

If city don't win the league this season and given the money they have to spend then its a monumental disaster for city and mancini will have failed big time. There is no other way of looking at that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Nowt???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Chelsea won the league in the second season of having a billionaire owner, man city have spenthuge on wages and transfers and have done so for three seasons now, still no premier league to show for it.

If city don't win the league this season and given the money they have to spend then its a monumental disaster for city and mancini will have failed big time. There is no other way of looking at that.

Roman become Chelsea owner in 2003, they didn't win their first title until 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Roman become Chelsea owner in 2003, they didn't win their first title until 2007.

2005, we won the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Check the aul facts again

The first season raneiri was in charge, he was sacked after a second place finish and champions league semi defeat to monaco. Porto won the champs league and mourinho took over. Chelsea won the league in his first 2 seasons. So chelsea won the league 2 times in romans first 3 seasons at the club. Then roman started to interfere and sign sheva and ballack and things went down hill for a few seasons before the double winning season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

mixednuts wrote: »

that wasnt the question though - and manager already sacked

• Advertisement

Nowt???

Northern English a dialect word for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I really like Macini, I think he’s done a marvellous job at City. Seems a very likeable character who’s not afraid to dodge a difficult question thrown at him.

I hope he stays as he’s refreshing for the Premiership, it’s only a matter of time before they start winning titles and trophies under him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

the key with City is that theyve improved alot on last season so they are obviously going in the right direction overall under Mancini which is why he shouldnt be sacked.

The only way I can see it is if Mourinho becomes available and is willing to manage City, as the lure of guaranteed success might prove too much for the sheikhs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Northern English a dialect word for nothing
    Eeeee by eck I reckon he should then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Check the aul facts again

The first season raneiri was in charge, he was sacked after a second place finish and champions league semi defeat to monaco. Porto won the champs league and mourinho took over. Chelsea won the league in his first 2 seasons. So chelsea won the league 2 times in romans first 3 seasons at the club. Then roman started to interfere and sign sheva and ballack and things went down hill for a few seasons before the double winning season.

Yea you're correct. Was looking at the runners up section. :o

2003-2004 : 2nd, Ranirei sacked
    2004-2005 : Mourhino hired, ££££££ spent, 1st league title won.

I still dont think Mancini should be sacked, hes done a good job so far, and once they go to the UCLwith more experience and avoid a gripu like the got they last time they'll should make the round of 16 at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I really like Macini, I think he’s done a marvellous job at City. Seems a very likeable character who’s not afraid to dodge a difficult question thrown at him.

I hope he stays as he’s refreshing for the Premiership, it’s only a matter of time before they start winning titles and trophies under him.

But will the owners pull an Abramovich and not give him the time, that's the real question.

I think he'll get another season at least, they seem to be constantly improving under Mancini and I'll stick a few bob on them to win the title next year if theres a decent price floating about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This shouldn't even be a thread, not a hope of it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Chelsea already had CL football though, which was key for getting top players to join. City only had that this seasn for the first time.

Re. the question, no he shouldn't be sacked. Stability is always preferable.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

leggit wrote: »
    But will the owners pull an Abramovich and not give him the time, that's the real question.

I think he'll get another season at least, they seem to be constantly improving under Mancini and I'll stick a few bob on them to win the title next year if theres a decent price floating about

As a Chelsea fan it pains me to say this but I think at City there is less " yes " men around Roman, less advisors that dont know there arse from there elbow.

True, Roman wants a certain style and wants it achieved alongside victories but at Chelsea, people like Gourlay and Emenalo, individuals with less then stellar creditinals who have a huge say when it comes to Roman and his ultimate decision making.

Mancini is probably safer now then the next Chelsea manager is before he steps into his role.

Manicni will be given another year I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

If he is sacked, Mourinho or Guardiola are dead certs for the job, two best coaches in the world, Man City owners will pay them anything, up to 10 million a year.

You heard it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do you mean win nothing?

CSF wrote: »
    This shouldn't even be a thread, not a hope of it.

Nonsense, perfectly legit question, especially when you consider there is a Wenger and Dalglish thread.

The man has spent a lot of money and been in charge long enough to win something this season, so why wouldnt questions be asked?
    Especially as they have been ahead in the league most of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I say yes.

Paying crazy money in transfers and wages, and about to throw away the EPL to another porr Utd team. And were pretty average in Europe too.

Get him out.

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you mean win nothing?

yes - Northern English dialect word for nothing

You win "owt with nowt" :)

yes - Northern English dialect word for nothing

You win "owt with nowt" :)

Thanks. I was lost there for a bit.

I think only Coronation Street script-writers use it these days.

Seriously though, IF united win the title, City would be mad to fire Mancini for coming just short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No, he obviously shouldn't be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭SM01

There's been continual improvement, the squad is fantastic and they're running United very close so progress has been made. Mancini seems to be well liked by the squad and appears to have a good relationship with the owners and fans. Why throw a spanner in the works?

• Advertisement

Imagine City opted for the revolutonary approach of not sacking a manager that has mostly managed to keep a big money squad happy (one serial troublemaker notwithstanding) and may come just short to one of the best managers of all time. City can afford to keep the squad together to learn from this season and add what's needed.

Saying that they have lost the league at this stage is ridiculous though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement