Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alphabet'

Options
  • 08-02-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

U.S. soldier has been accused of 'waterboarding' his four-year-old daughter because she couldn't recite the alphabet.
    Joshua Tabor admitted to police that he used the CIA torture technique because he was so angry.
    As his daughter 'squirmed' to get away, Tabor said he submerged her face - upwards - three or four times until the water was lapping around her forehead and jawline.
    Tabor, 27, admitted to investigators that his daughter was terrified of water and he had deliberately chosen the punishment.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1249191/Soldier-father-accused-waterboarding-daughter-4-recite-alphabet.html

To right-thinking-people, this guy should obviously be locked up.

But i wonder about those far-right-thinking-people, whom believe that waterboarding is not torture. Do they think it's ok to waterboard kids?
    Would love to see Dick Cheney's response!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

sicko, ppl like him should b castrated,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well, thats all kinds of f***ed up right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's a video on YouTube of a journalist being water-boarded, doesn't look nice at all.. the thoughts of putting a child through that are sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

M'eh, an American does something stupid, old news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

She is four you crazy lunatic scumbag :mad: wow what kind of people are there in the world.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Two words for that: Sick Cunt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

water boarding is torture it shouldn't be allowed on anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sounds like fun.

Im sure even Dick Cheney would have no problem saying that an interrogation tecnique developed for use on adults shouldn't be used on a 4 year old as punishment for not knowing the alphabet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Now I know my ABCs
    Daddy, now don't drown me please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

fúck sake...

Couldn't even just speak her through it a few times... or possibly help her write it out....

possibly "play a game" where the fastest 1 to write wins....

jaysus... treat a child like a fúcking child...

News break "Illiterate Kid suspected of Terrorism"

T'is unpatriotic to be unable to read and write...

- Drav!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tabor said he submerged her face - upwards - three or four times until the water was lapping around her forehead and jawline

Sure I do this to myself in the bath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DJ_U4EA

Now if only the parents of scumbags would start doing that...minus the instruction that tells you to pull them back out of the water of course!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Water terrible thing to do to your child, he must have been board out of his mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

aDeener wrote: »
    Water terrible thing to do to your child, he must have been board out of his mind....

<groan smiley>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Rendition for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

El Siglo wrote: »
    Two words for that: Grammar Nazi!

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hope he is only supervised visits to see her until she's 18.

He needs to be humiliated to the degree that his little girl must have been.

Fcuking prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The worst thing is the kid was probably really excited when he told her she was going water boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Would love to see Dick Cheney's response!

Cheney would probably have just shot her in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Hope he is only supervised visits to see her until she's 18.

He needs to be humiliated to the degree that his little girl must have been.

Fcuking prick.

And the rest...

Surely that punishment is a very mild slap on the wrist for a trained soldier who used a terrorist technique developed to extract information on his own 4 year old daughter, who's afraid of water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A is for Apple.

B is for Bubble, Bubble, Bubble, Bubble........ Bubble, Bubble, Bubble............. Bubble, Bubble.............. Bubble............... Bubb............ Bub...... Bu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Why is nobody asking the important question?

Does she now know her ABC's? If so we should start implementing this teaching technique in every class room.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

time to call up appropriate cliche #329

"to a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    And the rest...

Surely that punishment is a very mild slap on the wrist for a trained soldier who used a terrorist technique developed to extract information on his own 4 year old daughter, who's afraid of water

Actually the whole thing reminds me of a movie I seen but can't recall the title.

Some soldier comes back after been prisoner of war where he was tortured and his mind snapped.

Nobody notices until he has his own family leaving as prisoners of war.

There is a film in the cinema now called Brothers where..

A man is forced to batter his comrade's skull in and then goes home.
    His eight year old daughter steals the movie though - she deserves an oscar, truly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can I think of something hilarious that involves mixing up waterboarding and surfboards?

No. No I can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

aDeener wrote: »

*facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

jd007 wrote: »
    *facepalm*
    i know, i know :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Should've used Alphabet Soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Can't wait til she tries to learn calculus :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

As long as she was wearing a pair of armbands I dont see the problem.

Safety first.

Advertisement