Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parkingtag.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

gdoyle1 wrote: »
    ...the charges are in no way hidden.

By "hidden" I meant that they don't advertise these charges and you're not advised of them up front when you register.

There are other charges which it sounds like you may not be aware of either - including a charge to leave the service.

And did you know they seize money in your account if you're not actively using it! There's no excuse for that as they have your full contact details and credit card number to return your money.

They also reserve the right to increase charges at will and without notification to users. They have your email address and your home address so there's nothing preventing them from notifying you properly.

All in all it just smells of greed by Dublin City Council who are already making obscene profits from onstreet parking charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

gdoyle1: how much is the exit charge for the service? Don't see it mentioned on the website.

What is the point of the 50c monthly charge? What does this achieve?

But it's not about charges. It's not an 'added value' service.

The council saves money though reduced cash collection charges every time someone uses this service.

What bank admin charges are these?

If you don't use the tag there are no administrative charges. There is a line in a database, that is all. It does not cost six euros a year to maintain a line in a database.

The monthly toll charge is ridiculous as well.

What is your margin?

There is a lot more benefit for the local authority than there is for the customer.

If you want to talk about convenience, you really need to up your game. The website is really rough, for a start. The process to get a tag should be simple, but is convoluted.

The 6 euro/year charge makes it unviable to stay permanently on the scheme, if you only use it occasionally. That's not convenient at all.

I would use this service, except that using coins is a lot easier for the amount of parking I do.

You have positioned what should be a mass-market service as a niche service for better off people on expense accounts. That seems like a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 EI787

Not sure if this has been posted already...

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/Pages/HalfPriceChristmasParkingforDublinCity.aspx
    From 15th November 2010 to 9th January 2011 (inclusive) any motorist who parks on-street in a paid parking place and pays using Parking Tag will be charged half the normal tariff (e.g. in the very high demand yellow zone the tariff will be €1.45 per hour instead of the standard tariff of €2.90 per hour).
    Could be quite a substantial saving for some!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

it was posted, in multiple forums. The poster has been banned for advertising and spam posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Leatherman

There is a lot more benefit for the local authority than there is for the customer.

If you want to talk about convenience, you really need to up your game. The website is really rough, for a start. The process to get a tag should be simple, but is convoluted.

The 6 euro/year charge makes it unviable to stay permanently on the scheme, if you only use it occasionally. That's not convenient at all.

I would use this service, except that using coins is a lot easier for the amount of parking I do.

You have positioned what should be a mass-market service as a niche service for better off people on expense accounts. That seems like a mistake.

I was going to post pretty much the exact same thing.

We've been meaning to use the Parking Tag we were given by a local business but when I went to read the t&c s I was not impressed. The website felt like it was hiding the charges. It was not up front, it was not straight forward and it penalises those who would take up and use such a service on the rare occasions they are in the city centre or in parking zones.

Make it convenient, make it reasonably priced and you will see an improved service grow.

Dublin City Council can do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi folks,
    Again, digging up an old thread!! Need advice on removing credit card.
    I have a parking tag account. It's of little use to me right now as I live in the west. I had used it extensively, but it grates on me that I can not see a way to remove my credit card. Anytime I go under €10 I am automatically topped up by another €20. I just want to use up the €27 odd that's in my account and not get topped up again, unless I do it manually.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

Call them up, close your account and get your money back.

• Advertisement

Appreciate the quick reply markpb, but I was under the impression that they don't do refunds; if the account is closed any money remaining is lost! I still have 27 quid in the account and will have an opportunity to use it, but a lot more slowly now. I did contact them and ask for the card to be removed but was informed it's not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

Obskure wrote: »
    Appreciate the quick reply markpb, but I was under the impression that they don't do refunds; if the account is closed any money remaining is lost! I still have 27 quid in the account and will have an opportunity to use it, but a lot more slowly now. I did contact them and ask for the card to be removed but was informed it's not possible.

It's definitely possible to get a refund on any money in your account, maybe it wasn't in the past.

Will give it a go and Report back. Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It'll come by cheque but it's no problem. I stopped needing it after years and cancelled it

Advertisement