Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah let them off, try and not let it bother you even though I know that is hard... It will be brilliant with those who have made the effort to go...

would love to have he invites out of the way too, have them here in all just trying to do up the menu card and the little bit of information page and were ready to go

Are most getting replies to the rsvp's?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm pretty sure that my hen will be just me, my bridesmaids and the two mothers. We'll have a great laugh with a small group, as will you if it's a small group, emzolita :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

Agh I had a few drinks last night and have a bad case of the fear today. I'll look fat in the dress, they'll hate the band have a crap time.

What a day for corkclaire82. Dunno about the rest of the country but it's a fabulous evening in the South East. Clear blue sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

emzolita wrote: »
    I sorted out my invitations yesterday. The girl was lovely, I met her for a coffee and she brought all the samples of colours and styles of paper. So they're ordered and will be ready in May.
    My hens is in May and I'm panicking, people are backing out left right and centre :/

It'll be quality not quantity! No need to panic shur a small crowd will be more intimate and ye'll have a great time :)

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    Agh I had a few drinks last night and have a bad case of the fear today. I'll look fat in the dress, they'll hate the band have a crap time.

Ah come on now, we've enough on our plate without worrying about what people
    think of the band! We can't control that now, it's in the hands of the wedding gods so just put it out of your mind! We have to focus on the things we can control !! Like hair, skin, shoes, how we look in our dress etc :)

I'm feeling the stress so trying to offload some jobs to the OH. Have put him creating the mass booklet on one of the websites online. He's after finding 2 readings one that says 'Wives should be obedient to their husbands....' and another one 'Women should revered their husbands as they do the Lord' - cripes looks like I better do THAT job myself as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm feeling the stress so trying to offload some jobs to the OH. Have put him creating the mass booklet on one of the websites online. He's after finding 2 readings one that says 'Wives should be obedient to their husbands....' and another one 'Women should revered their husbands as they do the Lord' - cripes looks like I better do THAT job myself as well!

Did he do that on purpose so you would take the job back?? Find readings you like and give the job back to him!

Tried a different make up artist at the weekend and absolutely loved her and the look.
    I showed her a pic and she recreated exactly that.
    It was very different from what I would normally wear and OH didn't like it at all! So think I'll tone back certain aspects of it but it looked the exact same at 3am as it did as 3pm. Really happy with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

I can't believe I'm getting married next week...getting so nervous!! Good nervous though! Realllly hoping this gorgeous weather stays!

haha men are so helpful aren't they.. I must say himself has been great but at the same time I find myself following him up to get them finished.

I came across this page a wedding singer has done up it might be of some help for readings and what not. http://www.sineadnicgabhann.com/ if you go into blogs...

Im beginning to worry now about the dress and bridesmaids.. tis hard trying to sort it out..

Lucky you Mslady!! I am sure the weather will stay we are suppose to have a few dull days and then the sunshine is back... Are you all prepared for it...

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Im beginning to worry now about the dress and bridesmaids.. tis hard trying to sort it out..

Have you any more thoughts on what you're going to do Milly? Have you looked at bridesmaid dresses that you can get in white?

What's the problem with the bridesmaids?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

Lucky you Mslady!! I am sure the weather will stay we are suppose to have a few dull days and then the sunshine is back... Are you all prepared for it...

I think so - few tiny jobs still to do and about a million appointments (hair, nails, wax etc etc) before then....have an awful feeling I've forgotten something but I haven't a clue what it is!!

Oh the joys ms lady but sounds like you are ontop of things... There is a great check list on that site I shared maybe you might find something there that you have forgotten or it might put your mind at ease...

The dress well really I am just not really into them :) sounds sad I know but. I must arrange to call to the dress maker again to see maybe if I can get one made. I went in to meet him and he was lovely but he told me that the dress I had in mind would not match his suit as such.. After that I was like mmmm, was thinking maybe of ordering from JJS house or just getting a pretty dress..

The bridesmaid dresses are just a bit of the same, well I really like the linda bop dresses but I need to get the girls to try them on to see if they suit. We went up to Rock Frocks in Athy and they were lovely there I must say, but Cork to Athy is a bit of a treck... Anywho there is a lady in Cork who has some of the dresses but when I called in she didn't have much stock, and was chatting to her friend while we were trying to get her attention. Gave up in the end..

I know I just need to arrange a day and go for it but one bridesmaid is in a different country and then we must just co-ordinate between the others to get it done.. just annoying really trying to get it out of the way

Sorry I edited it haha was doing three things at once

Well spend the weekend hard at the ol wedding planning. What we got done:
    - 1st reading, 2nd reading, gospel and psalm picked
    9took ages)- picked who is doing the readings and who's doing POTF
    - Picked 20 songs to give the DJ that we want played on the night (this involved listening to a lot of songs...)
    - Decided which 3 canapes (1 meat, 1 fish, 1 vegetarian)
    - Decided on starter, mains, accompaniment for mains, dessert (we had most of groundwork done on this but made the final final decisions yest)
    - went through the schedule for the day (Word doc that the hotel sent us) and filled in all the blanks
    - went through the budget (Excel doc the hotel sent us) and filled it all in with estimated numbers for rehearsal dinner, no. of kids/adults, no of kids/adults for the wedding, no. staying in the accommodation, no. of bottles of bubbles/wine, corkage calculation etc etc .
    - I'd love to say we picked our music for the church but although I have most of the songs floating around in my head and I've already had discussions wiht my wedding singer and she has agreed to learn 2 new songs for me, just ran out of time to actually sit down and assign them to the different parts of the mass

Priority now for this week is throw a mass booklet together and get OH's baptismal cert posted down to Cork in advance of meeting priest for 1st time next weekend. Pre-marriage course next Sat, and then meet him we can give him cert from pre-m course, and run through the mass booklet - particularly the readings and the music to see if he gives it all the OK. I have an die-hard atheist cousin (like a sister to me) who I really want to find a role for, asked her to do POTF but I can tell she's not comfortable with it, even the most secular of them involved saying something like 'pray for...etc' so I was reading someone else's mass booklet and they had a family member come up and read a 'reflection' after communion. it was a poem about marriage but I was thinking of finding a poem I like by an irish poet maybe Heaney, Yeats, Kavnagh someone like that and see if priest oks it. Im' having a good few non-religious songs in the wedding but they are all in irish so hopefully that'll get them past the priest as well. Well i have notion to have my bro play guitar & my sis sing a John Spillhane song during communion - it's not religious either so have to try and swing that one by the ol priest as well! I won't bother getting back to the wedding singer til I've met the priest next weekend!
    One sticky thing that has come up is we have all 22 room sassigned in our venue for the Fri & Sat night and I thought we were close to finalising them (apart from 1 room which my FIL & MIL can't make up their mind who they want to put in it) but now get this - both OH and I have 25 yo bros, mine hsa been single for years and his is in a long term relationship. Anyway his lil bro announced this weekend his romance is off (!!) and last week my bro asked me can he bring a plus one, apparently there's a new woman on the scene! Yikes....this throws all the rooms out again. At least we don't have to give the venue the definite room plan til 4 weeks before the wedding so we'll wait 2 weeks then see if his bro has gotten back with his GF or not. It just goes to show the best laid plans of mice and men...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was back in Dublin for the weekend there, sorting out some accessories with my bridesmaids and met with my photographer over coffee. Good times :)

Fecking knackered in work today though!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So the wedding was AMAZING! I had always thought people were exaggerating when they said it was the best day ever but it seriously was. We're still on a high from it. The 2nd day was great too and lovely to relax with the people who stayed around. I'm slightly jealous of people who still have it ahead of them but also happy I'm not organising anymore. It was SO GOOD.

Oh the weather was only alright, quite dull in Waterford and Wexford. Still got all our photos outside though so happy days

Once I'm home from the honeymoon (leaving this evening) I'll put up photos in the photo thread.

Congratulations Mrs :-) No last minute disasters then? I was told to expect at least 1 or 2!

Have a great honeymoon! Where are ye off to?

Delighted for you and ye and Congratulations to ye!! Have a wonderfull honeymoon cant wait to see some pictures..

Going to Thailand, can't wait. It's so strange that we'd such an amazing weekend and now we get to go on an unreal trip!

No disasters, one person pulled out day before, another person just didn't turn up but work our venue we'd to pay on the numbers we have 10 days prior so we didn't mind. I think we didn't stress over stuff so if something did go wrong we didn't notice :-)

Now I'm a wife! Hee hee hee.

• Advertisement

Going to Thailand, can't wait. It's so strange that we'd such an amazing weekend and now we get to go on an unreal trip!

No disasters, one person pulled out day before, another person just didn't turn up but work our venue we'd to pay on the numbers we have 10 days prior so we didn't mind. I think we didn't stress over stuff so if something did go wrong we didn't notice :-)

Now I'm a wife! Hee hee hee.

So ye had to pay for 2 that didn't show? That's the kind of thing I'm expecting to happen as well...there will always be last minute issues for people

mslady wrote: »
    I think so - few tiny jobs still to do and about a million appointments (hair, nails, wax etc etc) before then....have an awful feeling I've forgotten something but I haven't a clue what it is!!

I felt like this too, I ran through the major things and they were all sorted so I figured I was grand. You are too so don't worry :-)

So ye had to pay for 2 that didn't show? That's the kind of thing I'm expecting to happen as well...there will always be last minute issues for people

We paid for about 4 that didn't turn up, another few pulled out earlier in the week. Arra it was grand, annoying but didn't let it get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bizebee

Well I've told my family but no-one else, my fiance wants to see if people will "get" it.

Congrats CorkClaire82 :):)
    What was your song choice after?? :)

bizebee wrote: »
    Congrats CorkClaire82 :):)
    What was your song choice after?? :)

Ha! It was the theme to Jurrasic Park. A few got it alright :-P

We paid for about 4 that didn't turn up, another few pulled out earlier in the week. Arra it was grand, annoying but didn't let it get to me.

you're dead right, probably happens all the time....just thinking if you wanted to run a wedidng like an airline you could overbook the wedding to make sure to have max capacity on the day :D:D

Most important thing is that you married the right partner! The rest is just trimmings :) Enjoy Thailand it's one place I'd LOOOOOOVE to go, wel jel

Yeah getting closer to sending the invites out fingers crossed next week just got the insert or info page printed out...Just need to get the menu card printed and were ready to go

I want my wedding to be closer. I've nothing to really do at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At times I feel like we've a lot done, at others I'm a bit "oh crap..." - four and a half weeks to go here!

Was joking with my OH that I want to walk down the aisle to the Father Ted theme...

• Advertisement

Yeah getting closer to sending the invites out fingers crossed next week just got the insert or info page printed out...Just need to get the menu card printed and were ready to go

I know I asked you before but what's a menu card?

Advertisement