Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Requesting guest specific gift.

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nua wrote: »
    Saw this guest specific gift letter for a one year old's party & thought of everyone here!

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/32vltg/most_demanding_1st_birthday_invite_ever/

Bahaha - [...personalised clothing is the #1 thing that leads to kidnapping...]

Whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

You're lucky not to be friends with that anymore, and if you put in the work to paint them a lovely stand mixer, they would only have looked for 30 euro for it anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Lau2976 wrote: »
    I just realised that I never updated this because I thought I had. Sorry.

So basically they did ask for stuff just so they could sell it, because asking people for money is "tacky" but appearently it's ok to ask if your close to the person. Her mam had no clue and is still in all out war with her daughter over it. She said that she's furious at her mothr for telling people (her mother had a fb post about it, saying sorry, etc) and offering to return gifts to people. She's sold some so her mam wants her to pay back the money and she won't let her in her and her dad's house because the gifts are there and if she lets her in she thinks she'll take them.

Geez, they're crazy.

omg that is mental!! glad you didn't get her the stand mixer after - some people are unreal and are not socially aware at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Who would have bought their portrait?
    :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

that's totally inefficient. You don't ask for anything....it's Ireland....people will just give money without being asked! Which is much better than losing the value of all those items by selling them on straight away.
    Can't believe the mother posted about it on FB :-o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just realised that I never updated this because I thought I had. Sorry.

So basically they did ask for stuff just so they could sell it, because asking people for money is "tacky" but appearently it's ok to ask if your close to the person. Her mam had no clue and is still in all out war with her daughter over it. She said that she's furious at her mothr for telling people (her mother had a fb post about it, saying sorry, etc) and offering to return gifts to people. She's sold some so her mam wants her to pay back the money and she won't let her in her and her dad's house because the gifts are there and if she lets her in she thinks she'll take them.

Geez, they're crazy.

You have to give us the mammys fb page. :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

deise08 wrote: »
    Who would have bought their portrait?
    :):):)

They probably actually wanted to keep that, but also make a few bob, hence the stand mixer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Nua wrote: »
    Saw this guest specific gift letter for a one year old's party & thought of everyone here!

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/32vltg/most_demanding_1st_birthday_invite_ever/

Might as well have just written "your presents are crap. Give us what we ask for or formula. Nothing else is good enough"

Might as well have just written "your presents are crap. Give us what we ask for or formula. Nothing else is good enough"

Does she not know that breastfeeding is cheaper and best for baby?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

Neyite wrote: »
    Bahaha - [...personalised clothing is the #1 thing that leads to kidnapping...]

Whut?

Child's name on clothing allows evil kidnapper to address child by name therefore assuring child this person is someone who knows them and is trustworthy. Or so I was told when suggesting a personalised item as a gift.

Have to laugh at gifts being held hostage by the bride's mam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭ronjo

Does she not know that breastfeeding is cheaper and best for baby?:rolleyes:

huh?

ronjo wrote: »
    huh?

The woman who was looking for receipts to be included with the presents she requested for babys first birthday, so they could be returned to the store and formula (which is costing her $80 a week) bought instead. Linked in an earlier post http://imgur.com/ljKOkWu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

formula (which is costing her $80 a week) bought instead. Linked in an earlier post http://imgur.com/ljKOkWu

The kid is turning 1, how are they spending $80 a week on formula?!? Even if they hadn't weaned the kid at all and were only feeding formula I can't imagine it costing that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ealasaid

nibtrix wrote: »
    The kid is turning 1, how are they spending $80 a week on formula?!? Even if they hadn't weaned the kid at all and were only feeding formula I can't imagine it costing that much!

Maybe it's the formula for growing up as a prize tw*t like his parents.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

nibtrix wrote: »

That's what I was thinking! Is formula just outrageously expensive in the states or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Toots wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking! Is formula just outrageously expensive in the states or something?

A quick google would suggest not, unless they're buying specific formula for a medical condition or something.

Maybe they don't realise that it's only to be used as a food, and they're also bathing the kid in it or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You're not even supposed to use formula past 12 months of age. Cows milk is fine or.goats or.whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

DM addict wrote: »
    A quick google would suggest not, unless they're buying specific formula for a medical condition or something.

From reading that email, it looks like it's the parents who have some kind of medical condition. :p

Back to the OP's post. Seriously, they are one dysfunctional family....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lau have you an update on cake guy for the genteel users of this forum who may not even be aware of after hours? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Stheno wrote: »
    Lau have you an update on cake guy for the genteel users of this forum who may not even be aware of after hours? :pac:

Nope... :P

Nope... :P

Darn. We all love happy endings. Had high hopes for the pair of ye!

Darn. We all love happy endings. Had high hopes for the pair of ye!

I suppose I should tell the truth then :pac: we started to date a while back. It's awesome :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I suppose I should tell the truth then :pac: we started to date a while back. It's awesome :D

I'm taking ALL the credit for breaking this news to users of this forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Woohoo, so giftgate turned into something brilliant!!

bee06 wrote: »
    Woohoo, so giftgate turned into something brilliant!!

I think the mutual dislike of someone helped a lot :pac:

Is it too soon to order the hat? I'm assuming the contributors to this topic will all be invited?

Is it too soon to order the hat? I'm assuming the contributors to this topic will all be invited?

Well need a special section

And there's enough of us that we can all chip in for a kitxhenaid without breaking the bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

When's the wedding and the all important wedding gift list.....we all need a new thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Brill. Sure just let us know what you would like on the invites, saves a lot of hassle ;)

• Advertisement

Brill. Sure just let us know what you would like on the invites, saves a lot of hassle ;)

We have a limit of €50 a head. So don't go looking for portraits or expensive kitchen equipment! A nice paint by numbers kit or a hand held blender would be doable. You can skip the starters and mains at the Wedding Reception. I, for one will settle for a feed of cupcakes!

We have a limit of €50 a head. So don't go looking for portraits or expensive kitchen equipment! A nice paint by numbers kit or a hand held blender would be doable. You can skip the starters and mains at the Wedding Reception. I, for one will settle for a feed of cupcakes!

Jaypers I thought in recognition of our pivotal role in bringing them together a tenner a head would be fine :pac:

Stheno wrote: »
    Jaypers I thought in recognition of our pivotal role in bringing them together a tenner a head would be fine :pac:

Done. (I didn't want to appear too mean. If he's making the cupcakes himself, shouldn't cost too much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just make sure the original bride doesn't send you a bill for bringing the two of you together :o

Done. (I didn't want to appear too mean. If he's making the cupcakes himself, shouldn't cost too much)

And at least three cupcakes each with the boards logo on the frosting

Actually we could also have a special weddings forum hen night with none of the nonsense just a good feed and loads of drink

Planning my wedding that will not be happening at all in the foreseeable future already?

Cake guy will be glad to know that he's being drafted to make the cakes for his own wedding! Although when we do get married he will be making them cos him and his cakes are just nom! :pac:

Please no stand mixers! He has 3, and they are all currently in a box in my studio waiting to be moved to the kitchen! :D

Planning my wedding that will not be happening at all in the foreseeable future already?

Cake guy will be glad to know that he's being drafted to make the cakes for his own wedding! Although when we do get married he will be making them cos him and his cakes are just nom! :pac:

Please no stand mixers! He has 3, and they are all currently in a box in my studio waiting to be moved to the kitchen! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Thinly disguised 'he's already moved in!!!' post. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Thinly disguised 'he's already moved in!!!' post. ;)

Da da da da
    Da da da da
    Da da da da da
    Da da da da 💏💑

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

This is the best boards thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

As they say, one wedding is the making of another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Wahoo cake guy and lau got together can't believe I am actually so happy for two strangers on the Internet. . ♡♡♡♥♥♥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Woah woah WOAHHHHHH. He has 3 mixers, and you couldn't even give that poor bride ONE for her wedding???? Tut tut tut! :p:)

Yay for the romance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Great...I needed some good news !!! Woopie Lau and Cake Guy hooked up...

• Advertisement

Woah woah WOAHHHHHH. He has 3 mixers, and you couldn't even give that poor bride ONE for her wedding???? Tut tut tut! :p:)

Yay for the romance!

He needs the mixers

Now given he's more or less moved in, they need to plan a future home.

Needs at least a work kitchen for him, a cosy kitchen diner for intimate dinners a studio for Lau and a spare room to deal with spooning stress

So at a minimum a three bed with a utility room? With a south facing aspect so the studio is flooded with light?

Well it seems me and cake guy can put our feet us as yous are planning our life together :pac: :D

Well it seems me and cake guy can put our feet us as yous are planning our life together :pac: :D

Just wait until those little buns appear in the oven! One of each would be nice.

Just wait until those little buns appear in the oven! One of each would be nice.

Oh god no! no little buns unless they're covered in icing and served as a dessert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

This is my favourite thread ever on boards!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement