Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Hi Ghusk,

I wont be able to go that night either i have another party to go to in Swords so i wouldn't even think that i will be able to pop in for one!! But sure i will see what i can do as i would love to meet everyone!! If not i hope there will be other nights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Just spoke to Ciara. She said our house could be delayed until Jan :(. I enquired about getting in to measure up on a house the same as ours (3 bed without extension) and she said that one is being opened as a showhouse on the 13th Sept so I can get in to measure up then. At least we'll be able to see exactly what we've bought too!

Ah thats terrible Mark when was it suppose to be ready? Where did you buy?

Hi Bazni,

We were supposed to move in around December but I've been speaking with Ciara and Gemma a few weeks ago who said it could be November and then Ciara said this morning that it could be Jan!
    We're buying on the terrace.
    Ciara did say to keep in regular touch with her and she'd let me know how progress is going. Thought we'd be in for Christmas though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Hi All,
    New to the thread but have been keeping an eye on developments. We bought in Barnwell Lane. I havent noticed anyone else here buying there but just wondering if anyone knows about completion / snag dates for houses in Barnwell Lane?
    Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

ron123 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    New to the thread but have been keeping an eye on developments. We bought in Barnwell Lane. I havent noticed anyone else here buying there but just wondering if anyone knows about completion / snag dates for houses in Barnwell Lane?
    Thanks..

Didn't even realise that there was a Lane until I looked the map up! Your best bet is to ring Ciara in the site office on 01 6403071 as she can give you the most realistic dates opposed to Savills.
    What type of house have you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

We bought No. 4. Its a 4 Bed
    Thanks ... I'll give Ciara a call.

Marksquirt is buying on the terrace which was due to be finished Nov / Dec, but he has now been told it may be January so with your house being in the same area of the estate that might give you an idea, but Ciara will clarify for you

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

hi all, im just come home from work and found letter from solicitor saying that house was ready to snag! im starting to panic now. apparently i have until next thurs to get it done:eek:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think everyone who's posted on this thread should go with you to help. You could have a snagging party so that you could all finally meet up, and everyone will get to see what they should look out for when it comes to their own snagging. :)

I have to say that even though I was dubious in the beginning about how this would work, I love this thread. This is exactly the sort of thing that this forum was set up for, and it looks like you'll have a little real-life community up and running as soon as you all move in. Just let me know when the housewarmings start. :D

• Advertisement

lmd wrote: »
    hi all, im just come home from work and found letter from solicitor saying that house was ready to snag! im starting to panic now. apparently i have until next thurs to get it done:eek:

I was at the site last night and the footpaths have been laid, but the roads are still waiting. Looking at the weather this morning I'd be very surprised if they managed to get them started brfore Monday!
    If you ring Ciara and ask her she should be able to give you an idea of when you can get onto the site to start the snagging, but don't forget to come back on here and tell us so that we all know as we all seem to be told different things! Haven't been back to parents house since wed so dying to go and see if we got one too as Paddy did!
    Oh its getting so exciting now its so close!

hi all, im having trouble getting through to ciara, shes only in the office tues-thurs, does anyone have any other contact number for site as i was looking to getting my snag done this afternoon as my builder's next available appt is thurs.
    ghusk you bought on the green too didnt you? did you not get your completion letter?

Hiya Imd,

I sent you a private message.

Yeah I bought on the green, but I haven't been back to the house that we have as the contact address since Wednesday so expecting that the letter will be there this afternoon when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

hi all, im having trouble getting through to ciara, shes only in the office tues-thurs, does anyone have any other contact number for site as i was looking to getting my snag done this afternoon as my builder's next available appt is thurs.
    ghusk you bought on the green too didnt you? did you not get your completion letter?

Hi LMD I got the same letter im on the green also but i was talking to ciara yesterday and we dont actually have 7 days as it says in the letter, she hopes to have us in to snag early next week!

Just spoke to site foreman today and the apartments are being launched on the 13th September so the site has to look great by then!
    He said that Ciara is now working a 5 day week so she is in the office today if anyone needs to get in contact with her.
    Despite the fact that the letter says Thursday as the final day for snagging John said that we will have a little bit more time as long as we make an appointment with the site office to snag.
    Good luck to everyone, should have the keys in a couple of weeks!

spoke to girl today and she says that nobody will be able to get on the site until monday, we can start snagging from wednesday.

I got the same response. God I can't believe that it is finally here! I have so much to do as we changed Mortgage brokers, but it'll be worth it when they hand the keys over!

That's great you are all getting to start snagging next week, congrats all!! :L

Ghusk I have just sent you a private message.
    Meant to say earlier that on the completion letter it had service charge of €360, was this the figure in the contract? because when i was signing contract back in March my solicitor couldnt tell me exactly what is was, he said it was approx 300.

Ghusk I have just sent you a private message.
    Meant to say earlier that on the completion letter it had service charge of €360, was this the figure in the contract? because when i was signing contract back in March my solicitor couldnt tell me exactly what is was, he said it was approx 300.

I got this too!!

• Advertisement

I had asked my solicitor too and she had said around €300 as well!!

Hiya,

Just wondering has anyone managed to get in contact with Ciara this morning?
    I want to book to snag on Wednesday morning as I don't know when our snagger will be available again and I can't seem to get an answer!
    There was a lot of activity down there this weekend and a lot of 'inconspicious' breaking and entering going on!!!
    Everytime I drove past there was an empty car on the roadside with the fence pushed open, you know who you all are!
    I just can't believe that the security guard hasn't noticed it yet!!!!

ghusk wrote: »
    Hiya,

Just wondering has anyone managed to get in contact with Ciara this morning?
    I want to book to snag on Wednesday morning as I don't know when our snagger will be available again and I can't seem to get an answer!
    There was a lot of activity down there this weekend and a lot of 'inconspicious' breaking and entering going on!!!
    Everytime I drove past there was an empty car on the roadside with the fence pushed open, you know who you all are!
    I just can't believe that the security guard hasn't noticed it yet!!!!

I called her there, she answered but i could barely hear her with all the noise in the office sounds like theres a lot going on.

She said shed call me back about the snagging.

I'm just getting so nervous about it now, praying that nothing will go wrong!
    Need reassurance that it will all go ok, but know that I won't feel relaxed until I am holding the keys in my hand!

I'm so jealous of everyone getting their keys i wish it was us too!! :(
    Hopefully you will be able to give us loads of tips when it comes to our time to get them! :p Must take a drive up later and see whats happening around there!!

Its all getting very exciting!! Are we still meeting on the 19th for a few drinks?

I can't get over how quickly things are all moving along now.

I'm still on for it as long as I don't end up sitting there being the only person!!! hahaha! Its the 12th (this Friday by the way!)

Reminder for those who missed the last post about it:

Friday 12th September @ 8pm in the Clonsilla Inn

We should do a list of those going so we know who will be there, so i'll start: (Copy and past the list and add your name if your coming!)

Gwen
    Cian

ghusk wrote: »
    I'm still on for it as long as I don't end up sitting there being the only person!!! hahaha! Its the 12th (this Friday by the way!)

Reminder for those who missed the last post about it:

Friday 12th September @ 8pm in the Clonsilla Inn

We should do a list of those going so we know who will be there, so i'll start: (Copy and past the list and add your name if your coming!)

Gwen
    Cian

God is it, I'm having a blonde moment :p I've 2 other things to go to on the 19th so it suits me to have it this friday!! Did you get Ciara yet?

Gwen
    Cian
    Lesley

Count me in for friday. Hopefully my snag should be done for then.

Gwen
    Cian
    Lesley
    Louise

• Advertisement

Just got onto her now and the site won't be open for snagging until Friday now!!!
    I am going to try and get in on Saturday morning to snag, but have to confirm with Cian's uncle who is snagging for us.
    The site office is open from 10am-12pm on Saturday.
    I think that its gas the builders solitiors sending us all letters to close etc in 14 days when the site foreman isn't ready to allow us on site to snag until 7 days before the deadline!!!

Advertisement