Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Hi myself and my partner bought a end of terrence and have been told we might not have a side gate does anyone have any information on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

bazni wrote: »
    Hi myself and my partner bought a end of terrence and have been told we might not have a side gate does anyone have any information on this?

Hi Banzi,
    My self and my partner also bought an end of terrace house and there is no side entrance on the houses. The only houses with side entrances are the detached houses, as the terrace houses have detached houses with the gardens backing directly onto the terrace.

Hope this information helps.

Hi Ghusk,

Thanks for that information however the house that we got is not attached to a detached house we have appartments near us. The girls in Savaills said they might put one in if there is room i am a bit disapointed as it was 15k more than a mid terrace. Do you think the builder might know if we went up to talk to him?
    Also on the plans it does not show that the 2 bed show house has a said gate but it does so hopefully we will have one!

Hi Ghusk,

Thanks for that information however the house that we got is not attached to a detached house we have appartments near us. The girls in Savaills said they might put one in if there is room i am a bit disapointed as it was 15k more than a mid terrace. Do you think the builder might know if we went up to talk to him?
    Also on the plans it does not show that the 2 bed show house has a said gate but it does so hopefully we will have one!

Hi Banzi,

I did ask and the estate agents said that there would be no side gate. I think that we must be backing onto each other as we also have apartments near us. We bought on the Green no. 17.
    If we were to get a side gate I'd be delighted, but I am not keeping my hopes up!
    Let us know how you get on if you do ring the estate agent.

Thanks

I spoke with her this morning she said we wont know till all the foundations have been laid. Our house is No.15 the Terrance. I just had a look at the map and i see the Apartments are backing on to your house were they are beside our one! I have made a appointment to go and view the house again on Wed evening again so i will talk to her then and hopefully see the builder he might be able to help.

I will keep you informed thanks for your help.

Bazni!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Anyone know if completion dates still going according to plan??

Was hoping to get electric showers put in by plumber while house being built and fixing up the extra few bob. Rang and spoke to plumbing company and was told we have to wait till house is completed and contracts signed before any extras can be done. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this??

Kia07 wrote: »
    Anyone know if completion dates still going according to plan??

Was hoping to get electric showers put in by plumber while house being built and fixing up the extra few bob. Rang and spoke to plumbing company and was told we have to wait till house is completed and contracts signed before any extras can be done. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this??

Hi Kia,

I rang the site forman about this as i also wanted to get a few little bits done (as we were told we could do on the changes sheet!) but the foreman said that due to the very tight schedule to get the houses completed on time no additional work can be carried out by the contractors until the houses have been signed over. To be honest I think that you would be better off getting your own plummer in once you get the keys as I'd say that the site plummer won't have time if he is working on a tight schedule to get the other remaining houses in the phases completed!
    In relation to the completition dates, I spoke to the foreman two weeks ago and he said that the dates that Savills sent out the last time are fairly accurate give or take a week or two. The first releases are due to be snagged Aug / Sept and the others from the dates provided.
    Hopefully this will be on of the first ever developments that will actually be completed on time!

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tapori

Dear Barnwell future residents,

I hope you all have notice economy shift, i can see big decrease in prices for many houses.
    There are still some houses avaiable in Barnwell for sale, what you guys recommend ....is it good time to buy or i shall wait for 2nd phase of Barnwell?
    Will realy appreciate a detail reply.

Thanks

SAD

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

ghusk wrote: »
    Hi Banzi,

I did ask and the estate agents said that there would be no side gate. I think that we must be backing onto each other as we also have apartments near us. We bought on the Green no. 17.
    If we were to get a side gate I'd be delighted, but I am not keeping my hopes up!
    Let us know how you get on if you do ring the estate agent.

Thanks

Hello Folks,
    Brand new member and also future resident of Barnwell.

Ghusk, Which one is number 17? is that the end of terrace? I've bought number 18 which is the detached 4 bed,

Looks like we're going to be neighbours :)

paddyred9 wrote: »
    Hello Folks,
    Brand new member and also future resident of Barnwell.

Ghusk, Which one is number 17? is that the end of terrace? I've bought number 18 which is the detached 4 bed,

Looks like we're going to be neighbours :)

Hi paddyred9,

I'm so confused about the layout at the minute so I have no idea to be honest! We are the end of the terrace on Barnwell Green and I think that there are apartments at the side of us, so I think that you are just across the way at the end of the terrace opposite us.

Just to let you all know, I was talking to a friend yesterday who is interested in an end of terrance 4 bed and she was quoted €10k over the price that we paid originally so looks like the houses have gained value already!?

The site also isn't taking builders holidays (half taking week one, then the other half week two) so the snagging should be running on time and the houses should be signed off pretty quickly.

Hope everyone else is chugging along nicely with plans etc and aren't having too much hassle in relation to mortgages etc!

Best of luck and was thinking it might be nice for us all to meet for a drink when we get in and settled to get to know each other as there are too many estates around where nobody knows anyone else!

• Advertisement

Ghusk,

I think you're right we're on the corner oposite the Apts.
    As for the finish date, I live around the area and I've been checking on it regularly they seem to be close to completion.
    If anynoe is confused my advice would be to contact Ciara in the site office. Shes a lovely woman who is very helpful about all the type of questions I've seen on here.

As for the rise in value, the developers decided to bite the bullet on this and sell these houses at a lower end of the market. At the moment as you know its all over the place so most people are still asking for too much which is leading people to look for the cheaper developments, which in turn is creating a demand for places like barnwell. Thats why the price would have gone up in value already. Theres still a huge waiting list so wheres theres a demand the prices will rise!

Have to sign papers again today at lunch as our rate has gone up on the morgage.
    Great idea on the few drinks would be nice to get a community going in the new place. Nice to meet the neighbours!

Have to sign papers again today at lunch as our rate has gone up on the morgage.
    quote]

Do you mind me asking, did you go through the onsite mortgage company to get your mortgage?

No i dont mind,

Yea we went through simply morgages. Did you?

They got us a morgage but i think its actually with Permenant TSB thats supplying the morgage.

I spoke with her this morning she said we wont know till all the foundations have been laid. Our house is No.15 the Terrance. I just had a look at the map and i see the Apartments are backing on to your house were they are beside our one! I have made a appointment to go and view the house again on Wed evening again so i will talk to her then and hopefully see the builder he might be able to help.

I will keep you informed thanks for your help.

Bazni!

Small world banzi!!

Hi Paddy,

thanks for sending them details on to me i am going to make contact with her now! there migth be a delay on my house because of the apartments for health and saftey reasons i might not be able to move in till May but noone seems to be able to answer this hopefully she will be able to help.
    Thanks again for the details.

I've Just been down meeting with the solicitor and it looks like the parking spaces are all public spaces? none dedicated, anyone heard about this?

Mine is a 4 bed detached and the car parking spaces are actually in a type of drive way down the side of the house, I dont get why we dont get dedicated parking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

we were told that the car spaces right outside the house in the 'driveway' belong to the house and in the contract we got it listed them as being cobble locked and park of our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

Hi Ghusk,

hi guys

i spoke to the site manager today and he confirmed that "end of terrace" does not mean "side entrance". it merely means there are neighbours only on one side. i was also told by the estate agents and Ciara that they would put one in if there was room but the guy i spoke to today said that is possible because the plans were lodged with the land registry and they cannot change them now. i also paid for an end of terrace and am regretting it now - money for nothing in my opinion.

re: changes - guy also confirmed that these will be made post completion - i.e at your own cost. again hok said we did not have to have a bathroom off the kitchen - they simply wouldn't put in the toilet and sink (as in the Fuscia non-extended). i've now learned they have to be put in to meet compliance issues and it is up to you to have them taken out.

re: "no storage or walking in attic" - i will ask my solicitor about this one - if that was in any contract - i would seriously question the quality of the floor in attic/ceiling on second floor.

re: management company. i am trying to get involved in the residents committee in Ongar (am living in Ongar Park at the moment). it is in everyone's interest to get rid of Wallis Managment company - they do nothing and then do not hesitate on sending debt collection letters from solicitors when payments are late.

sorry this sounds a bit negtive but it is better to address all these issues before we all move in.

re: drinks - good plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I've Just been down meeting with the solicitor and it looks like the parking spaces are all public spaces? none dedicated, anyone heard about this

all the parking in the estates is on a first come bases, it generally works out as long as people don't park large commercials vehicles or have excessive number of cars.

I think the parking is base of 1.5 cars per three bedroom dwelling or the part of

I was told originally that i'd have two car parking spaces dedicated, my house is in a cul de sac and the "driveway" is litterally along the side of my house so I dont see how it would work for it to be public parking.

On the attic floors thats a bit harsh, Altho in the 4 bed detached houses the attics are pre converted..

• Advertisement

oblivious wrote: »
    all the parking in the estates is on a first come bases, it generally works out as long as people don't park large commercials vehicles or have excessive number of cars.

I think the parking is base of 1.5 cars per three bedroom dwelling or the part of

Not True Oblivious, if you look at my picture you will see the 4 bedroom terraced Orchid Style house have a cobble lock driveway for 2 cars outside their house that is totally independent of the on street parking outside the 2 and 3 bed houses on the same road.

There is a small area of garden/landscaping dividing this parking area from the house next door.

Myself and ghusk were up looking at the 4 bed type of house this morning at the viewing with the foreman. Very pleased with the whole design of the property and the house's are progressing at a great rate. It's all starting to become real now i've seen what I bought.

If the other couple who were there that bought no6 pass this way drop us a private message it was nice talking to you today!

263615181a8369916504o.jpg

Photograph of the Front Elevation of the Orchid Display House, showing cobble lock driveway which is individual from other on street parking and part of the property.

263615181a8369916426o.jpg

Photograph of drive way of the Orchid House from the Master Bedroom

263615181a8370142797o.jpg

If you look at any of the houses that are yellow/brown colour code, the Orchid type house you will see there are 2 parking spaces outside each different from the on street parking. This can also be said for the Violet and Willow type house as can be seen at the top of Barnwell Green in the centre top of the image. Sorry about image quality taken from the Brochure PDF file.

263615181a8369916599o.jpg

Photograph of the Front Elevation of Our House, ground works are still to be
    completed outside the front of the house but should be done soon.

263615181a8369916811o.jpg

Photograph shows the front of two Orchid Style Houses one with the full red brick elevation the other with a half rendered and half red brick elevation. The full red brick elevation is our house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Hi folks,
    Glad to the houses are movfing along nicely

We were told that parking is first come first served bar the houses with own spaces dedicated.

Just wondering if anyone else bought on the cresent??

Must head up and see how my house is doing, up to our eyes at the mo trying to get this house sorted.

Great idea for a meetup, we'd be on for it

Hi cpstears

nice house, the four bead are ongar generally have parking , I was more referring to the on street parking

Kia07 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Glad to the houses are movfing along nicely

We were told that parking is first come first served bar the houses with own spaces dedicated.

Just wondering if anyone else bought on the cresent??

Must head up and see how my house is doing, up to our eyes at the mo trying to get this house sorted.

Great idea for a meetup, we'd be on for it

Correct Kia07 parking other than those dedicated to particular houses is a free for all, hopefully people will respect other people in this regard.

It might be an idea if ManorPark painted the number of a particular house in at least one space close to that houses front door, then at least one car would be close to the house allowing those with small children / shopping have a good access to their property.

A second or subsequent vehicle would just have to compete with other people for the remaining spaces.

Seems the fairest way to do things particularly if there is 1.5 spaces allocated per house there would be no reason not to mark up at least one space per property.

Also it is my understanding that the development will be marked as a No Parking of 3T Vehicle Area. If this is not the case from the beginning you can get residents to sign a petition and give it to the council at which point they will place the Restriction signs at the entrance of the development. Anyone who brings a large commercial vehicle / HGV into a development such as ours is being totally unreasonable and selfish. Also parking of commercial / HGV vehicles in a development could cause problems with ingress and egress of essential services, like waste collection and the emergency services. Imagine your house was burning down and the fire brigade couldn't reach your property because someone parked a truck blocking it's way!!

Ah well just my two cents worth!!! I'm not a planner / developer just showing some common sense.

cpstears wrote: »
    Seems the fairest way to do things particularly if there is 1.5 spaces allocated per house there would be no reason not to mark up at least one space per property. Ah well just my two cents worth!!! I'm not a planner / developer just showing some common sense.

The space are "owned" by the community and held in trust/managed by the management company

The unfortunate truth this is that the management fee for the house's goes on the maintenance of the carspace, the green area out side the house and some litter collection

oblivious wrote: »
    The space are "owned" by the community and held in trust/managed by the management company

The unfortunate truth this is that the management fee for the house's goes on the maintenance of the carspace, the green area out side the house and some litter collection

What maintenance are the going to do on my parking spaces in my cobble locked driveway?

Seems silly, I understand why someone has to manage the area you only have to look at some estates where lets say people don't take care of their front garden and surrounding areas brings the whole area down. But that's really all their doing, a bit of rubbish collection and gardening?

Also as far as I understand it's down to the management company stopping people painting there house or door luminous yellow or something.

Seems silly, I understand why someone has to manage the area you only have to look at some estates where lets say people don't take care of their front garden and surrounding areas brings the whole area down. But that's really all their doing, a bit of rubbish collection and gardening?

Yep, i know people who planted a tree out side their house and it was moved, because it was not part of management company's plan. House don't have the same cover as apartment's such as sinking/structural fund, waste collection. So apart form maintaining green areas there is i believe a free paint job every 10 years of so.

Also as far as I understand it's down to the management company stopping people painting there house or door luminous yellow or something.

Technically yes but i bet the don't do anything about it

This was my point exactly CPstears. the willow at the top of the drawing on barnwell green is my house.

"
    If you look at any of the houses that are yellow/brown colour code, the Orchid type house you will see there are 2 parking spaces outside each different from the on street parking. This can also be said for the Violet and Willow type house as can be seen at the top of Barnwell Green in the centre top of the image. Sorry about image quality taken from the Brochure PDF file."

And the two parking spots that are actually like a driveway in onto my house along the side we've have been told by the contract that we don't own it.

Also, CPstears how did you get in to your house already? I've been up once or twice but was only allowed in to see the show house. is it possible to get in to our house? I can see from the road that its already built!

• Advertisement

Also, CPstears how did you get in to your house already? I've been up once or twice but was only allowed in to see the show house. is it possible to get in to our house? I can see from the road that its already built!

Hi Paddy,

We didn't get into the house yet just the Orchid show house I took the 2 pictures of the front of our house only all other photographs are from the show house.

The Orchid style house was available to view for the first time there last Saturday as far as I know but you must book by appointment with Savills.

We were told the parking was included in the Orchid anyway. As you can see in my photos the driveway is distinctively different than other parking and definitely looks like it's part of the property. Look at the image of the people outside the show house on the driveway.

If Ciaran&Kate come by again I've sent you a Private Message, thanks for the message, I see you decided to join boards.

Advertisement