Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bring a condom?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I do carry them, but realistically they're in case a friend needs one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

No its the guys job but you cant always rely on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So then have some yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I don't think I've put them in my handbag very often, but I've always had them in the bedroom within easy reach! I wouldn't expect to be leaping into bed with a randomer on a night out, but there have been nights where you go out and you know that guy you've been flirting with will be there and you wonder if tonight might be the time you get it together. But I would hope if we ended up in his place, he would have condoms there. If not ain't nuthin' gonna happen!

I've always bought them without any shame, even for friends. I think the sales assistant is usually more embarrassed than the buyer! I once asked a shelf-packer in a supermarket where the condoms were, much to the disgrace of a nearby auld one. It's amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

no, simply cause i wouldnt be sleeping with anyone to require it! even at my drunkest i wouldnt do more than kiss someone i didnt know. not saying theres anything wrong with it, its just not something i do.

but if youre someone who does do this, then really you SHOULD have them with you, no excuse not to.
    JP Liz wrote: »
    it will be you that ends up pregnant, not him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

No. Because I always forget what I have in my wallet/bag and it would conveniently pop out at a family dinner/church.
    That's just my luck.
    I always keep some in my drawer tho! And I live on my own so it's usually my place if action occures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

i bring them cos theres no harm in it.found i rarely need them myself but if a friends scores i make sure to give them one just to be on the safe side

And just to clarify, my condoms in the drawer? Not only for one-night stands. I prefer to use them a while into the relationship. Before we get the all clear on the std's. It's not like;
    "Sure we'll use a condom the first time and then you should trust me, eh???"
    Ehm... no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Would you not continue to use them anyways to help ward off pregnancy? What's an acceptable amount of time before that either doesn't become an issue or you'd prefer to chance no condom?

Would you not continue to use them anyways to help ward off pregnancy? What's an acceptable amount of time before that either doesn't become an issue or you'd prefer to chance no condom?

Not sure if that was for me?
    If yes, then I'm on the pill. Condoms would just be there for the extra safety for std's with a new partner.
    I litterally hate them yokes just as much as blokes do.
    I'm 30 and I would be able to raise a child on my own so not scared of pregnancy as such. But the pill's done the trick since I was 17 so.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah it was for you, I figured you were on the pill but its not 100% is it? And wouldn't condoms further reduce chances of getting pregnant. Its up to you and your partner I guess, just wondering.

Abstinence is 100% and I just would never do it ;)

My sis was on the pill and on the rubber and my nephew is four next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm in a relationship so no need for carrying condoms now, but when I was single I always had one in my wallet. I never needed it (probably just as well after reading Thaedyal's advice), but it was always there just in case. As was said already, better have one and not need it than need one and not have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Not sure if that was for me?
    If yes, then I'm on the pill. Condoms would just be there for the extra safety for std's with a new partner.
    I litterally hate them yokes just as much as blokes do.
    I'm 30 and I would be able to raise a child on my own so not scared of pregnancy as such. But the pill's done the trick since I was 17 so.....

Jesus, I'm with you on that. I bloody hate condoms. I've only recently discovered how annoying they are. God bless the pill although I really shouldn't get into the habit...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

JP Liz wrote: »

Well knowing that we're that unreliable do you not think it might be wise to have a little insurance?

I've been carrying the same condom in my wallet for the last 5 years! :o

LOL, dunno how anyone would, in this day and age, look down on a girl for carrying one to be honest. Why can;t people just accept sexual liberation, everything is still so clandestine in Ireland regarding it, as if its something to be embarrassed about! I mean I'm not saying we should shout it from the rooftops but it shouldn't be something to get red faced about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

don't carry em, if i get lucky they'll be coming back to mine where i have a ready supply.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've been carrying the same condom in my wallet for the last 5 years! :o

I think it might be time to retire that one. Whipping out a perished condom that's more hole than rubber ain't gonna get you laid.

Seraphina wrote: »
    don't carry em, if i they get lucky they'll be coming back to mine where i have a ready supply.

Fixed that for you Seraphina :)

Zaph wrote: »
    I think it might be time to retire that one. Whipping out a perished condom that's more hole than rubber ain't gonna get you laid.

Thankfully I was joking! But I did have a long stint with the same one living in my wallet, threw it out though, for the very reason you said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i always carried a condom around with me.

i called him bert.

I got so used to having him with me i didnt want to use him so i went bareback a few times.

Im in a great relationship now so i dont use a condom, i handed over my stash to my mate.. 78 condoms i bellieve was the count i had in my bedside locker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

I never carry a condom in my bag. My boyfriend always has one when we are together.

Advertisement