Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Elaborate revenge needed here.

If he's attacked someone before report him, it'll stand a good chance of being taken seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If he lives so close, go down to him now and confront (restrain from violence if you are going to report it) the fool. He sounds like one of those tards who shouldn't drink but do none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I operate under the assumption that everyone in my life wishes me harm at all times. I am always primed and ready to defend myself.

Just last week I was visiting my mother. She was making dinner. She pulled a knife from a block standing just a bit too close to me and I clothes-lined her to the floor.

That's what she gets for sudden moves (and for raising me as a survivalist nutcase).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Best revenge in this case would be to report him to the Gardai. He will get a record and will not be allowed into the US :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I'd definitely unfriend him anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

phill106 wrote: »
    I'd definitely unfriend him anyway...

That'll show him. But wait a week or two beforehand...revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Erm what time we going to his house, I've got my flaming torch and pitchfork at the ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

The OP has vanished. Maybe Brendog didn't get away. The assailant could have started this thread to throw people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hmmm..strange story op, this guy youve known for years must have been a hell of a lot of stupid to visciously assault somebody he knows well and what more ,who lives very close by?Why not call the gardai op? If you know his face and his address itd be very easy for the gardai to catch him and arrest him. Some parts of your story just dont match up :P Theres so many plotholes it sort of makes me think youre lying but I dont know why you'd lie about this, so Ill take it youre not lying:P Give us more info op! we need to know! Did he rob you?How do you know him, and if hes a scumbag why was he at your friends going away and whyd you walk home with him? id you say something hurtful to him?did he hate you in the past for something you did?Did he just run off when the taxi driver arrived,did you fight back at all? we need answers pronto :pac: Drunk people, sure rarely even drunken scumbags attack people for no reason especially somebody they know for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

mattjack wrote: »
    Erm what time we going to his house, I've got my flaming torch and pitchfork at the ready.

Ach, You always have that fecking thing ready... Got your pillowcases with the eyes cut into them too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Brendog wrote: »
    nope. No info missing. The guy is always acting the "hard man" which doesn't bother me but he started ranting about how i started on him on facebook? I just kind of laughed it off and he pushed me. I told him to calm down and he just started hitting. . . Haven't a clue what to do now because he only lives a few doors down the road and usually pass him in the street so i don't know if i should confront him or what?

What do you mean you don't know what to do??? I'll give ya a few steps...

1. Look up number for local Garda Station
    2. Pick up phone
    3. Key in numbers for said Garda Station
    4. Press call
    5. Tell the nice Gard what happened and ask if he'd mind coming up to take a statement
    6. Take photographs of all your injuries, and make sure they get a copy for evidence

DONE!!! And none of this ratting, snitching, telling tales shite, he fucking well assaulted you and deserves to be brought to task for it!

So now you know what to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Ach, You always have that fecking thing ready... Got your pillowcases with the eyes cut into them too?

OK ok.... Jeez. some people............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Sorry to keep you all waiting. The guy randomly text me today and said, "Omg i just remembered I'm sorry pal I dunno what I was doin are you ok?"
    I asked him what his ****ing problem was because he just flipped out.

He told me he was ****ed on sniff and didn't know what he was doing. He said he would make it up to me.

Just told him to forget about it because I didn't want anything to do with him. Honestly. Doing drugs and battering supposed friends? No one wants to know people like that.

Anyway thanks for all the support and advice. Nothing like resolving life problems with complete strangers.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Brendog wrote: »
    Sorry to keep you all waiting. The guy randomly text me today and said, "Omg i just remembered I'm sorry pal I dunno what I was doin are you ok?"
    I asked him what his ****ing problem was because he just flipped out.

He told me he was ****ed on sniff and didn't know what he was doing. He said he would make it up to me.

Just told him to forget about it because I didn't want anything to do with him. Honestly. Doing drugs and battering supposed friends? No one wants to know people like that.

Anyway thanks for all the support and advice. Nothing like resolving life problems with complete strangers.:D

Make it up to you? Like a nice romantic night in, just the two of you, flowers, choccies, maybe a bottle of champers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Vicious attack by someone who starts a text message with "OMG"..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

What is sniff?
    Coke?

Fcuking psycho whoever he is.
    You're right - just keep your distance from him in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

He sounds like a guy who is suffering a lot of inner turmoil and has had a really bad past not to mention troubled present. You would do well to forgive him for it but to certainly keep your distance in the future. Leave it at that. dont go around mouthing it to your mates and making your quarrel public as this man seems unpredictable and there is no knowing what he will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

He sounds like a guy who is suffering a lot of inner turmoil and has had a really bad past not to mention troubled present.

What?!
    Just sounds like whatever he took didn't agree with him to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Brendog, sort this thing out once and for all, do not leave it go on, he goes to the US, comes back on hols and its still simmering between ye. Call to his home, let him see what he has done, if you think he is genuinely sorry and mortified by it, move on. If you think he doesn't give a shíte call the guards, he can't get away with randomly beating some one up, blaming drink /drugs and sending a text. If he was man enough he should have called to your house, you have the upper hand here, victim, bruising and the possibility of him getting refused access to the US. Do not let this go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What?!
    Just sounds like whatever he took didn't agree with him to me!
    Aye, you don't need a troubled past to be a dickhead on coke

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hang on, he knocks the ****e outta you and then he texts you to apologise? I'd pan him just for that alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Hmmm..strange story op, this guy youve known for years must have been a hell of a lot of stupid to visciously assault somebody he knows well and what more ,who lives very close by?Why not call the gardai op? If you know his face and his address itd be very easy for the gardai to catch him and arrest him. Some parts of your story just dont match up :P Theres so many plotholes it sort of makes me think youre lying but I dont know why you'd lie about this, so Ill take it youre not lying:P Give us more info op! we need to know! Did he rob you?How do you know him, and if hes a scumbag why was he at your friends going away and whyd you walk home with him? id you say something hurtful to him?did he hate you in the past for something you did?Did he just run off when the taxi driver arrived,did you fight back at all? we need answers pronto :pac: Drunk people, sure rarely even drunken scumbags attack people for no reason especially somebody they know for years!

Found the culprit.

Breathe when you write/speak.

Paragraph.

dont ask so many fcking questions?You on coke?:Dor like csi:confused:

Jaysus,Im drained.Imagine bein the gard taking that witness statement:p

Aye, you don't need a troubled past to be a dickhead on coke

No, but it helps you get a suspended sentence. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Did the taxi have a green light?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Brendog, sort this thing out once and for all, do not leave it go on, he goes to the US, comes back on hols and its still simmering between ye. Call to his home, let him see what he has done, if you think he is genuinely sorry and mortified by it, move on. If you think he doesn't give a shíte call the guards, he can't get away with randomly beating some one up, blaming drink /drugs and sending a text. If he was man enough he should have called to your house, you have the upper hand here, victim, bruising and the possibility of him getting refused access to the US. Do not let this go.

Isn't it a completely different person going to the States?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

galwayrush wrote: »
    You met The Citizen.:cool:

he met the citizen's fist; not cool.

twas the taxi driver who was harbouring an disdain for kryptonite. Same.. fat man u fan seen at Sunderland blubbering in blue hoodie with superman motif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Dave147 wrote: »
    Isn't it a completely different person going to the States?

Sorry yes it is, I thought the guy that beat him up was the guy going to the states :eek:. Still he should follow up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

I think you've all had a good doing on this one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I operate under the assumption that everyone in my life wishes me harm at all times. I am always primed and ready to defend myself.

Just last week I was visiting my mother. She was making dinner. She pulled a knife from a block standing just a bit too close to me and I clothes-lined her to the floor.

That's what she gets for sudden moves (and for raising me as a survivalist nutcase).

Rookie move, unless you were wearing shackles to protect your Achilles tendons!

Advertisement