Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part time work & general job chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Pants teacakes hopefully something else will come along..Seems harder to get a part time job

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I don't know if it helps since i do not know their contact number but in 23 Washington Street,
    Cork, an Indian (i think!) restaurant is asking for staff with experience and they should deliver their CV at the shop.

It is where it used to be the Istanbul restaurant. (https://www.google.ie/maps/@51.897653,-8.478008,3a,75y,175.03h,86.96t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3YGN9xvJ2ei5SBgkqm_wGg!2e0!6m1!1e1) The photo is pretty old btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

teacakes wrote: »
    I actually applied to Abtran very recently. They gave me a call about an hour after I sent my CV in; very efficient of them. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who's reading this!) they're looking for people who are able to work full time, which I wouldn't have been able to do as I've college kicking off again in September.
    Had you sales expierence?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Paco clothing in Wilton shopping centre looking for a sales assistant!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

Anywhere in Fermoy looking for part time staff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Homestore and more in Mahon POint are looking for staff.Saw ad in window this morning.

Coast in Mahon point also looking.
    TK MAxx and Vero moda in town looking for sales assistants.

themom wrote: »
    Homestore and more in Mahon POint are looking for staff.Saw ad in window this morning.

there another one that do not come back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Just wondering if anyone would know of any shop/company looking for part time staff for stock room or similar work?

Moving back to Cork in a few weeks again for college and looking for a change in scenery.

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone would know of any shop/company looking for part time staff for stock room or similar work?

Moving back to Cork in a few weeks again for college and looking for a change in scenery.

Clark's in Mahon Point are apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »

Oasis in Mahon Point are hiring also.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Thanks guy's I'll send them a CV :)

I see the Cork International Airport is hiring again supposable

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Milly33 wrote: »
    I see the Cork International Airport is hiring again supposable

hiring what kind of staff?

They always have ads up for Night Porters, Bar Staff, Reception Staff but it is a waste of time they never come back to you and id say tis one of those where they have to put the add up

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Applied for a job in Voxpro. Does anyone know what they are like to work for?

Thanks

Finally got full time work in my job so delighted... I haven't heard much about Voxpro but if you were looking in that area Abtran are suppose to be hiring all the time.. I would think you would have to put up with an awfull lot of hassle and abuse from customer but if you need the money..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Picked up some work with them a few years back when I was first out of college.

It depends on where you work with them - I was on a Google team so the earliest shift I had was 1-10, worst shift being 8pm-9am. The work wasn't exactly taxing, just taking calls and following a script/procedure on what to do with certain calls - when to escalate etc.

I didn't particularly enjoy my time there as it was a lonely job at times especially during night shifts but it was money so I was happy with that. One massive drawback during my time there was you didn't get an hour lunch, you got a half hour and 2x15min breaks - which meant you pretty much had to have your lunch with you, popping to the shop, either by foot or by car, meant you had to wolf down your food.

All that said, I worked there 5 years ago for a brief stint - while I don't see the nature of the work changing too much in that time - odds are the company is being ran differently and has different structures in place

*Edit - almost forgot - Congrats on the job Milly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Aaron97

Hi all,

I was thinking about getting a job at Argos in town, has anyone worked for argos before is it a good job to have working out the back in the storeroom picking the orders, thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Infracted

Anyone know of placing hiring students part time or full time over the Summer?
    Or does anyone have experience with anyone4science summer camp? Im doing a science degree so it could be perfect but Ive never heard of them.

Aaron97 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was thinking about getting a job at Argos in town, has anyone worked for argos before is it a good job to have working out the back in the storeroom picking the orders, thanks for the help

They are supposed to be good to work for. Getting a job with them is very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Aaron97

Infracted wrote: »
    Anyone know of placing hiring students part time or full time over the Summer?
    Or does anyone have experience with anyone4science summer camp? Im doing a science degree so it could be perfect but Ive never heard of them.

They are supposed to be good to work for. Getting a job with them is very hard.

Oh is it hard to get in there I didn't know that, I was thinking about trying it for the summer and see what happens after that

Just incase anyone is still looking now it was a while ago but the Silver Quay bar in Ballintemple was looking for part time staff and also Goldbergs were looking for staff... might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PottyforPotter

Does anyone have any experience of working for HCL technologies in Churchfield? I've got a job with them to start Monday but an interview with abtran on Wed. Don't know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Lucky for some!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anyone know of anywhere that hire for the Christmas period? I am aware of Debenhams, Lush and Argos at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I've applied to loads of places online, but no luck, so I'm heading into town with CV's tomorrow. Anybody have any suggestions where I should hand some in? I'm in UCC at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Luno wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that hire for the Christmas period? I am aware of Debenhams, Lush and Argos at present!
    rorrissey wrote: »
    I've applied to loads of places online, but no luck, so I'm heading into town with CV's tomorrow. Anybody have any suggestions where I should hand some in? I'm in UCC at the moment.

http://www.argosxmasjobs.co.uk/en-gb/job/Ireland/Customer-Service-Advisor-0045-Cork-Queens-Old-Castle/J3K71S5XCRMKGWYCTYG/?IPath=TNCNTPG
    http://www.argosxmasjobs.co.uk/en-gb/job/Ireland/Customer-Service-Advisor-0801-Cork-Retail-Park/J3H52D663SFM799WN6M/?IPath=TNCNTPG
    http://www.argosxmasjobs.co.uk/en-gb/job/Ireland/Customer-Service-Advisor-4113-Cork-Mahon/J3L3VW77DHKB5GSKWJ9/?IPath=TNCNTPG

All 3 Argos stores in Cork will be taking on temporary staff for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Milly33 wrote: »
    Finally got full time work in my job so delighted... I haven't heard much about Voxpro but if you were looking in that area Abtran are suppose to be hiring all the time.. I would think you would have to put up with an awfull lot of hassle and abuse from customer but if you need the money..

Bit later, but if you're looking for work in that Customer Service/call centres, I'd recommend applying to Laya Healthcare. Would generally hire 3 to 4 times a year as staff move into different areas of the company after a while.

• Advertisement

Uhh no id hate doing that now..

Advertisement