Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I rather him playing for our reserves than United how are some aresenal fans okay with this for **** sake....I actually feel physically sick theres ppl putting up united jerseys already with RVP on the back on Facebook

I think most Arsenal fans are now accustomed to us selling are best players to other big clubs.

And if we buy llorente then we will have done good business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,267 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Snakey judas C**t!

Might not be all Wenger's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

HazDanz wrote: »
    If Song goes this week as well the board have learned fcuk all from last years Fab/Nasri saga in terms of getting proper replacements in before the window closes.

It's no way to prepare for a season that starts on Saturday.
    Wot? Arsenal had wrapped up the transfer of two replacements - Giroud and Podolski - right at the start of the transfer window. They, and frankly everyone who could see, knew that RVP was going and acted to replace him. Probably with money expected from his sale (hence the haggling over price). This is as far from last season's panic buying as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the telegraph are reporting 22mil; 15mil up front & 7mil in add ons link

fúcking add ons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Impossible to get excited about new signings, anyone who has one good season is off without the club putting up a fight. Balancing the books > Trophies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Clearly RvP is a dog, and a scumbag.

But.

We're a stronger squad than last year, and we've got added dimensions now with Podolski and Giroud and Cazorla. Of course it hurts losing such a great striker (when he's fit) especially to United, it feels like a kick in the balls, but I firmly believe that he will not be as successful at United and that they've gambled a lot of money on him, 24 million on a striker plus wages puts this at over 60 million cost for them, when their midfield is their weakness.
    If we lose Song we need to replace him straight away with Biglia, M'Vila or someone else. The Van Persie money needs to go back into the squad sharpish.
    We need a trophy this year now more than ever.

I think we'll be better than last year and I'm still feeling positive.

Van Persie is dead to me. Looking forward to getting my Number 10 Podolski Jersey on Saturday at the Emirates.

COME ON YOU GOONERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I feel quite numb. If this happened 10 years ago I'd nearly cry. It highlights the decline of our club. Selling our captain to one of our chief rivals. Speechless in many ways. I basically am in denial and shrugged my shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

cson wrote: »
    Jesus easy with the leg breaking stuff. He's a prick for sure but all the same.

Agreed,
    Cruciate injury would be way better.:D

iMuse wrote: »
    Impossible to get excited about new signings Arsenal in general, anyone who has one good season is off without the club putting up a fight. Balancing the books > Trophies

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

15 mill + addons. what a fcuking joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

blobby360 wrote: »
    I think most Arsenal fans are now accustomed to us selling are best players to other big clubs.

And if we buy llorente then we will have done good business.

Yes OTHER clubs not United...thats the point the money or anything doesn't matter just the fact that its united , As i said I wouldn't have minded if he even went to city or chelsea, Maybe because there aint a fan of them around every corner waitin to rub our noses in it and also Wenger has already said theres no replacements coming...Thats why its pissing people off any real arsenal fans would know this

And of course if we didn't know before its now confirmed that the board don't give two ****s about trophies (hence why wenger is still there too hes a great manager and i love him but at city or chelsea he'd be long gone) But all they care about is money horrible money grabbing little pricks in there monkey suits makes my blood boil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dvemail wrote: »
    £24million though for a 29 year old injury prone striker on the final year of his contract that wants to leave is good business for Arsenal. It's a massive gamble for Utd to take in fairness, as all it takes is one tackle .
    The only way Arsenal can come out of this better is if they sign another striker that breaks our transfer record to keep the fans happy imo.

Could get worse, some papers reporting it is 15million with 7 in add ons making it a possible 22million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I know and undrrstand its a difficult day but please lets have less of the abuse.

Edit : Ive issued a few cards please let them be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

this is worst than nasri or cashley cole imo. robin van fill-my-purse-with-more-money. the fact that its that utd shower is the biggest kick in the teeth

This is bollix in fairness, do you not think City would have been bettering whatever United were offering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

I am quite relieved to be honest lads. Its gone on forever and at least we know where we stand.

Like a lot of folks have rightly said it is so shameful and questionable that we are selling our best striker to a rival team- its pathetic! But I also sense some desperation from Manchester United as well, it just doesnt compute. RVP is 29 and injury prone and yet they buy him for 24 Mill and from speculations in the media, they will be paying him wages equivalent to that of Rooney- thats crazy imo.

This is going to be tough year for us, actually a make or break year because I can imagine how the players must be feeling right now. It is quite embarrasing that Song is considering leaving the club or that Walcot is playing hardball- its a major sign that despite the recent acquisition of Poldoski, Giroud and Santi, there seems to be disaffection with the lack of progress in 7 years. We still have a decent team on paper but we need time for them to translate these potentials on the field of play. Right now, unlike Man United who have two deadly strikers on call, we have players that are untested in the Premiership and they can turn out to be flops- God forbid but it could turn out to be the case.

I sincerely pray that the Arsenal board would cop the F..K on and get a good replacement for RVP, a good full back and GK instead of the tiresome excuse of financial prudence. Prudence is not the same as stupidity, it just means you buy the right things at the right price , at the right time while you make sure you keep a resonably balanced account- it doesnt mean going without and embarassing yourself .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Cazorla will light up the PL this year lads.

It was clear when Van Sicknote wouldn't sign last year that he was just angling for the highest bidder. He wouldn't sign, doesn't love the club and isn't fit to wear the captains armband - I'm still sickened that he put it on in his last game when he knew he was off.

To get such a fee when he openly stated he wouldn't sign is decent business - provided its reinvested.

Still sick he's done us like this but I still think we have reasons to look forward to this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

man city and their transter tactics do annoy me, but now i hope they win the title more than ever and wipe the smile off that tossers face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I'm not an Arsenal fan but it's transfers like this, that even though I love the sport, make it hard to warm to soccer at times.

He supported Arsenal as a kid, they signed him when his attitude stank, stuck by him through a rape allegation, stood with him through countless injuries, made him their captain, and after just one truly successful season he goes and signs for their biggest rivals.

He may have wanted to leave but it shows a total disregard to the fans and the club to force a move to Manchester United.
    Clearly he does not appreciate what Arsenal has done for his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cazorla + Podolski + Giroud - Vela - van Persie - Song = -£4.5m

We'll balance the books yet lads and then normality and the usual pessimism can be restored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Anyone else annoyed that Wenger is on french tv when all this is happening instead of saying something to the fans, a statement on the website wouldn't have been too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

kryogen wrote: »
    This is bollix in fairness, do you not think City would have been bettering whatever United were offering?

City showed hardly any interest. They couldnt afford to sign him until they sell some of their other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm not an Arsenal fan but it's transfers like this that, even though I love the sport, make it hard to warm to soccer at times.

He supported Arsenal as a kid, they signed him when his attitude stank, stuck by him through a rape allegation, stood with him through countless injuries, made him their captain, and after just one truly successful season he goes and signs for their biggest rivals.

He may have wanted to leave but it shows a total disregard to the fans and the club to force a move to Manchester United.
    Clearly he does not appreciate what Arsenal has gone for his career.

This this this this

blobby360 wrote: »
    I'm happy 24mill is great money.

Lets just buy Llorente and i'll be happy.

Can't see anymore spending to be honest. We are Arsenal after all. A selling club and as long as the Board are happy and making money then who cares about the fans.
    I would have preferred RVP going to Juventus for 15m rather than to Utd for 24m. Juventus are not a rival.
    If Song does go (and after this I wouldn't be at all surprised) then the Board and manager are no longer interested in football trophies, only profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yes OTHER clubs not United...thats the point the money or anything doesn't matter just the fact that its united , As i said I wouldn't have minded if he even went to city or chelsea, Maybe because there aint a fan of them around every corner waitin to rub our noses in it and also Wenger has already said theres no replacements coming...Thats why its pissing people off any real arsenal fans would know this

And of course if we didn't know before its now confirmed that the board don't give two ****s about trophies (hence why wenger is still there too hes a great manager and i love him but at city or chelsea he'd be long gone) But all they care about is money horrible money grabbing little pricks in there monkey suits makes my blood boil

And you know this how.... Because Wenger said so, This is a guy who never confirms any transfers in or out.

I'd be shocked if we didn't sign anyone else.... Especially now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

From a liverpool fan i think what RVP did was a disgrace Wenger stuck by him all those years that he was injured then he has a good 18 months and thinks hes bigger than the club.Thats how we felt with the Torres situation but 24 million is a good price i hope that you dont lose song too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

If the money isn't reinvested then nothing has changed. £24m is a good deal but not if it's just going to be sitting In a bank account. We're a big club FFS, we can't keep selling our best players especially to rivals. The fans won't take it much longer.

I'm gutted that we've sold to united . Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

iMuse wrote: »
    Anyone else annoyed that Wenger is on french tv when all this is happening instead of saying something to the fans, a statement on the website wouldn't have been too hard.

True the club, Wenger or the board needs to make a statement quick, im sure they knew **** was going to hit the fan when this was announced and should have had one at least prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Telegraph reporting £15M plus addons ( To total £22M )

In saying that we might never find the true value.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Totally agree. We would effectively be throwing away 25 million for 4 months play. After Christmas there would be no way you could play him. He made his bed. Now let the twat **** off and sleep in it. The boss had no choice.

• Advertisement

man city and their transter tactics do annoy me, but now i hope they win the title more than ever and wipe the smile off that tossers face

I'd prefer Arsenal to win it, but y'know... whatever. I'm actually beyond caring this evening. My head's melted.

dvemail wrote: »
    £24million though for a 29 year old injury prone striker on the final year of his contract that wants to leave is good business for Arsenal. It's a massive gamble for Utd to take in fairness, as all it takes is one tackle .
    The only way Arsenal can come out of this better is if they sign another striker that breaks our transfer record to keep the fans happy imo.

There'll be white blackbirds when that happens. This is about profits for our owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Like it or not, football is a business and this is good business for Arsenal. Expecting players to be loyal anymore is a fools game.

He wanted to go and we got a great fee for him. Selling to United is regrettable but they were the only option left.

I'll hold back judgement on the board until Sept 1st. If they don't strengthen the squad with this money they'll have lost what little respect and goodwill they had gained from the great business done at the start of this transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Apparently Hernandez (Chicarito) is after handing in a transfer request at the Mancs. He'd hardly come this way. Decent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Im disgusted over the loss of yet another world class player at the club. We can all say RVP is this and that and i do agree to certain degree but there is something seriously wrong at Arsenal football club the way we are loosing all our best player for the past several seasons.
    I think the game is gone down the toilet and im even thinking will i bother my b***ix watching the EPL anymore! For me its same sh*t different season at AFC!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If we reinvest it's great business

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Apparently Hernandez (Chicarito) is after handing in a transfer request at the Mancs. He'd hardly come this way. Decent player.

He'd be terrible at Arsenal. Doesn't have the skill to be part of the build up play required in our system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I know I got warned earlier in the thread.... so Im just going to say this.

RVP 11 Jersey + Lighter + Petrol

That is all.

Im disgusted at the lack of ambition from the club. How can we now challenge for a title (isnt that the ambition of a "top 4" club supposedly) when we sell our best players on a consistent basis to our rivals. Hell you could practically pick an Arsenal XI from the city squad.

Sergio wrote: »
    I think the game is gone down the toilet and im even thinking will i bother my b***ix watching the EPL anymore! For me its same sh*t different season at AFC!

I think that's a poor attitude. No player is bigger than the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

is anyone really that surprised he was sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

There'll be white blackbirds when that happens. This is about profits for our owners.

Can always dream. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He wouldnt fit in at Arsenal. I wouldnt be surprised if its true as United would then have five strikers and Rooney is automatic starter so its four into one. At his age he'll want to be playing. Wouldnt be surprised if Welbeck is upset too.

At least that could be a positive. Upsetting the United dressing room :pac:

Apparently Wenger said we won't be replacing him.
    "we have already replaced RVP and won't sign a striker" Live on French TV channel TF1

Well now, well now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we reinvest it's great business
    yes Arsenal is a great business but not a succesful football club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Girioud + Podolski + Cazorla > RvP so at least we haven't weakened our team this year (unless of course Song goes without bringing in anyone)

It's a shame about Sahin though.

We're not in desperate need of another striker, can think of other areas we need to strengthen first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Where did you see or hear this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I can still see Arsenal finishing in the top four because your club seems to be like a conver belt of players you sell one and yous have some young fellow ready to take his place . I actually think Arsenal have a better team then last season and the best thing for you's is the fact yous aren't relying on an injury prone player to score the majority of your goals .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

So that's a no on Hernandez then ha ha but I do think van Persie will cause problems in the Mancs dressing room - fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Apparently Wenger told French TV he was sold for over €30million.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Source please?

Saying RVP is leaving for money is pretty unfair. If he was, he'd be playing at City or Chelsea. He wants a PL medal and probably feels that United offer the best chance of this combined with weely starts. Never read anything about RVP forcing a transfer to United either. :confused:

If ye can keep Song, ye will have an incredible team next year. I hope ye do much better (just not better than United of course!).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement