Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

24 MILL is fantastic money for RVP!

Sell him, move on.

I cannot wait for kosser to destroy him at the Emirates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Songs attitude has been disgraceful of late Wenger had enough and is shipping him out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

24 mil good money. Ugh what a Judas he is though. Sickening display.

Reinvest that 24mil properly in the team and it won't be too bad. If they don't and pocket the money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

On 17 May 2004, Van Persie signed a four-year deal with Arsenal for £2.75 million, just over half of Feyenoord's original asking price of £5 million.

Wiki

We made good business buying him hopefully the same can be said for the transfer. Utd have pulled off a good transfer and it's gutting, like I'm disgusted he's moved there but **** it. He could've left with some respect but that press release is what irks me most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Fair play to United for signing one of the best strikers in the world , The arsenal board however should all be taken out and shot....How are you supposed to compete for trophies when you sell one of you're best players to one of you're main rivals..same ****e every summer...looks like songs off to barcelona aswell ugh pissed off.....24 million is a lot of money..but how many points does 24 mil buy you i can't belive so many people in here are okay with this, Chelsea and City are just johnny come latelys ..but seriously any one but bloody United ...RVP you're worse than Nasri nd the rest hope you break a leg wan.ker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

It hurts seeing him leave and join Utd. I don't hate him for it, just feel very let down. At the end of the day loyalty in football is bollox, they will go where the money is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Has Song left too???? :confused:

24 MILL is fantastic money for RVP!

Sell him, move on.

I cannot wait for kosser to destroy him at the Emirates

Haha! Same here :D Getting the french man on the back of this seasons jersey for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I would like to say so many things about RVP right now but no doubt i'd be getting banned... for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Leiva wrote: »
    Wenger really can't give out ever again about missing out on silverwear or titles again.

He really must have something up his sleeve surely ???

He doesn't give out about missing out on titles :confused:

Tbh at this stage I'm convinced its not him behind our transfer policy, its the Yanks employing moneyball more or less. AW didn't want Fabregas or Nasri gone last year and he clearly didn't want RVP gone this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Songs attitude has been disgraceful of late Wenger had enough and is shipping him out

Hope we can get a quality replacement fast. If he's planning on using Le Coquelin to replace him instead of a new transfer then it's safe to say the board have Wenger by the balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Has Song left too???? :confused:
    Soon. His a bigger loss then rvp imo

gebbel wrote: »
    It hurts seeing him leave and join Utd. I don't hate him for it, just feel very let down. At the end of the day loyalty in football is bollox, they will go where the money is.

I'd almost feel the same, almost, if he hadn't released that bolloxy ****ing statement.

Still, we're selling our Captain to United. Says a lot about our club tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Well, things are starting to go all a bit typical arsenal now.

Time to change the sig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I couldn't hate the man any more right now. Fück off to United so. Don't want players like that at the club anyway. 18 good months and he thinks he's bigger than Arsenal FC? Far worse carry on than even the likes of nasri or adebayor.

The Arsenal/United games are really going to be spicy affairs this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fair play to United for signing one of the best strikers in the world , The arsenal board however should all be taken out and shot....How are you supposed to compete for trophies when you sell one of you're best players to one of you're main rivals..same ****e every summer...looks like songs off to barcelona aswell ugh pissed off.....24 million is a lot of money..but how many points does 24 mil buy you i can't belive so many people in here are okay with this, Chelsea and City are just johnny come latelys ..but seriously any one but bloody United ...RVP you're worse than Nasri nd the rest hope you break a leg wan.ker

You should go and have a word with yourself boy, disgraceful thing to say

Was actually coming in to say that I think ye probably got the better end of the deal if 24million is true all things considered and that it actually marks the end of the time when Arsenal can genuinely consider themselves "rivals" to Man United.

No matter what happens you don't sell your best players to a rival after all!

If the money is re invested now in a proven premier league striker could turn out to be a great deal, better for Podolski too possibly if he gets played through the middle cause he isnt much use out left anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

How much was he on at arsenal. Maybe if they wanna keep the players they should invest that money in wages instead of new signings.
    Is he really expected to be loyal to a club from some other country that he happened to play for .
    If my job was offering me double wages and a chance of winning plumber of the year id be gone.
    Arsenals wage structure need fixing.
    Its obvious arsene isnt the one calling the shots moneywise .
    There wont be a change till arsenal slip out of the top 4 and the boaRd stops getting champions league money . Its a disgrace they are happy creaming in the money and spending as little as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm happy 24mill is great money.

Lets just buy Llorente and i'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Kinda sh!t that he's going to Utd after 8 or so years at Arsenal. If he agrees to move there he is quite deserving of an almighty kick in the crotch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If it goes through, I wont feel any ounce of sympathy if he breaks his leg and never plays again. There are only two clubs you don't go to and he is going to one of them. More obvious than ever that he only wanted the money now. At least Cole admitted he wanted more money which is why he was leaving. Hardly anybody believed the statement to begin with, he'll be getting some response when he takes his place on the bench against us. £24m is a good price for us but its a fcuking joke selling to United at all.

Podolski was number 9 for the Koln game so I assume thats the end of Park too meaning we need another striker as Bendtner is unlikely to ever play for us again. No cheap bargain bin deal, we need a top of the line striker. No idea who though.

If Song goes for the £20 and a Mars Bar we usually get from Barcelona, he'll need to be replaced too. Don't care about his attitude/immaturity/whatever you want to call it, go back in for M'Vila and it'll probably be an upgrade if he adapts quickly enough.

Fcuk breaking even, it's gotten us nowhere. One summer of big spending wont kill the finances.

My brother doesnt support Arsenal and just called him a scumbag for it. I think quite a few opposition fans will be feeling the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I presume the money will go straight back out on Llorente?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Perfect, Mr. Glass indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Utd are gambling £65 million on him including wages, some money for a 29 year old with his injury record. Im pissed off but will be far more pissed off if we don't sign a replacement before sept.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but this is really gutting, I obviously don't mean no I'll on anyone but if it was one of the lads like any of the recent signings ie walcott or someone i'd understand but RVP was there in the height of our rivalries with them ...

Im sorry as an Arsenal fan this is a kick in the bollocks....I am trying to see the postives but can't really...would have rathered he went to Man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

£24million though for a 29 year old injury prone striker on the final year of his contract that wants to leave is good business for Arsenal. It's a massive gamble for Utd to take in fairness, as all it takes is one tackle .
    The only way Arsenal can come out of this better is if they sign another striker that breaks our transfer record to keep the fans happy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

kryogen wrote: »
    You should go and have a word with yourself boy, disgraceful thing to say

Was actually coming in to say that I think ye probably got the better end of the deal if 24million is true all things considered and that it actually marks the end of the time when Arsenal can genuinely consider themselves "rivals" to Man United.

No matter what happens you don't sell your best players to a rival after all!

If the money is re invested now in a proven premier league striker could turn out to be a great deal, better for Podolski too possibly if he gets played through the middle cause he isnt much use out left anymore

Thats what genuinely hurts about this deal. How Wenger and the board allowed this to ultimately happen is sickening. Man Utd arent bankrolled by a billionaire or oil barren yet we sold to them. This is one of the most hurtful transfers for me anyway as we sold to Man Utd one of our best players, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Good riddance to Robin, I dont blame the board on this one, as long as we bring in a replacement. His position was untenable so its better off for all that he is gone.

Is Song on the way out also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im sure Mr Wenger has a few ideas up his sleeve :rolleyes:
    (cue the purchase of a few unknown french 17 year olds)

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    I presume the money will go straight back out on Llorente?

Opr

I'll be disappointed if it does. He's too similar to Giroud.

If I had my pick; Lewandowski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Good riddance to Robin, I dont blame the board on this one, as long as we bring in a replacement. His position was untenable so its better off for all that he is gone.

Is Song on the way out also?

True but did it have to be to UTD ?

But when you take a step back and think about it £24 mil is a cracking price considering .

Thats what genuinely hurts about this deal. How Wenger and the board allowed this to ultimately happen is sickening. Man Utd arent bankrolled by a billionaire or oil barren yet we sold to them. This is one of the most hurtful transfers for me anyway as we sold to Man Utd one of our best players, gutted.

Like I said; it makes a mockery of building the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

dvemail wrote: »
    £24million though for a 29 year old injury prone striker on the final year of his contract that wants to leave is good business for Arsenal.

The fact that RVP is probably the best striker in the world skews that a bit

The only way Arsenal can come out of this better is if they sign another striker that breaks our transfer record to keep the fans happy imo.

Or if they sign a nobody for pittance and he goes on to break goalscoring records

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

3m Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog

Arsène Wenger on TF1 in France. Says he Arsenal had 'no choice' to sell RVP. Asked if he'll admit price on the cheque, says 'no'.

Wenger also asked if Arsenal plan to sign a replacement for van Persie. Says: 'we have already replaced him'. Giroud and Podolski.

Here we go again....

I'm heartbroken that we sold to them.

I'm done with the lot of it.

If Song goes this week as well the board have learned fcuk all from last years Fab/Nasri saga in terms of getting proper replacements in before the window closes.

It's no way to prepare for a season that starts on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

this is worst than nasri or cashley cole imo. robin van fill-my-purse-with-more-money. the fact that its that utd shower is the biggest kick in the teeth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hopefully, for yer perspective he turns out to be Torres mark II.

Don't know how United expect to fit Kagawa, Rooney and RVP into the same team without putting one of the latter two out on the wing.

Then it just means the likes of Nani, Young and Valencia end up screwed for game time and Carrick will be left trying to hold the midfield on his own.

If Song does leave then I'd fancy Arsenal to get the likes of Moussa Sissoko and maybe throw their hand in for Llorente as well.

iMuse wrote: »
    Here we go again....

Yup.

Thought as much.

No way we we're going to end up with a -£35m net transfer activity. Song should probably round that up to a net transfer activity surplus. Yet again. And sure we've Coquelin will do as his replacement. ****ing Yanks and their poxy moneyball; Kroenke may **** off right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I didn't expect us to buy Podolski, Giroud, and Carzola this summer and all early - given that Carzola's got held up. I'm in the minority and know he'll probably leave - but I'd give Bendtner a go over Chamakh. I think there is a good player in there if he only works hard and loses his airs and graces.

Or maybe Park is the new Pele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Robin Van Hargreaves.They're welcome to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Why do people keep on spouting about how we got a good deal at 24 million for me as a fan i dont give a **** about the finances that much that im sitting here thinking about our accounts, we sold to United and strenghtened them its a disgrace fcuk the money.

HazDanz wrote: »
    It's no way to prepare for a season that starts on Saturday.

This too.

I'd much rather we left United sweating on it until 11pm on 31st August.

Yet another disrupted start to the season. Lessons from last season my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Jesus lads its been along time since you were rivals with united . Its spurs you have derby matches with . You just challenged united for titles a few years ago thats all .
    Jesus if united didnt deal with any club they ever challenged for the title theyd have to boycott blackburn arsenal chelsea liverpool and thats just in the last few years. Let it go we ment no ill will . We even sold you silvestre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

iMuse wrote: »
    Here we go again....

Yeah typical, knew that was the case. The money wont be spent and if Song gets sold that will probably be our business done in the transfer market. He will probably promote Coquelin and play Diaby more until he gets injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ashley Cole looks like a saint compared to this guy now.

I've a jersey with his name it from years ago. Going on the bonfire this year.

I rather him playing for our reserves than United how are some aresenal fans okay with this for **** sake....I actually feel physically sick theres ppl putting up united jerseys already with RVP on the back on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

He is a money grabbing c.u.n.t.
    Worse even than Nasri and Cashley combined.

What hurts more is the total lack of ambition shown by the club in allowing this transfer to go through. They should have let him rot in the reserves and go on a free next year (ie called RVP's bluff - see who wanted him after months of inactivity)

Hope he breaks his leg in the first minute of his debut. :mad:

• Advertisement

Jesus easy with the leg breaking stuff. He's a prick for sure but all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement