Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You benched your SP on the last day

I was a fraction ahead but by leaving my SP in, my WHIP went up unfortunately and I barely lost

I see what you did ;)
    Veteran move

Your batters were on fire last week too

Still three and one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You benched your SP on the last day

I was a fraction ahead but by leaving my SP in, my WHIP went up unfortunately and I barely lost

I see what you did ;)
    Veteran move
    Yes, this is a tactic I have used a few times before :)

Yet to have the chance in this league as my team has been awful, well mainly my batting which has been anemic. I knew I was gonna be weak in power but I built it for speed which has failed to materialise. Gonna have to start making some risky roster moves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Open to trading most of my batters, looking for upgrades in the lineup:
    1B Pujols
    1B Pena
    1B Konerko
    SS Alexi Ramirez

Any reasonable offer for other guys.

My bats (where I invested nearly all of my high picks) are killing me!

Open to trading most of my batters, looking for upgrades in the lineup:
    1B Pujols
    1B Pena
    1B Konerko
    SS Alexi Ramirez

Any reasonable offer for other guys.

My bats (where I invested nearly all of my high picks) are killing me!
    Konerko is doing alright this season, good AVE, decent power. Hit a homer in all today...

You aint the only with problems at 1B, I have Ike Davis on my roster :o

Coeus wrote: »
    Konerko is doing alright this season, good AVE, decent power. Hit a homer in all today...

You aint the only with problems at 1B, I have Ike Davis on my roster :o

Am getting good production from Konerko and Pena, so know might have to give them up to upgrade elsewhere.
    Though I might be selling low on Pujols, with my position in the league can't afford to wait for him to get it together.

After over thirty changes I'm finally happy with my roster :)
    Going to tone down all the fiddling and tinkering

And my hitters are performing at last, I've lost most hitting categories almost every week so far

Ubaldo Jimenez is scary with his inconsistency!
    I start and I haven't a clue if he will perform for Cleveland or if he'll destroy my stats
    Not good for the nerves

Ubaldo Jimenez is scary with his inconsistency!
    I start and I haven't a clue if he will perform for Cleveland or if he'll destroy my stats
    Not good for the nerves
    Ubaldo is the Tim Lincecum of the AL in that he was the staff ace but no longer is. This is mainly due to the reduced velocity on his pitches. I drafted him in the keeper league but dropped him a few weeks back due to his inconsistency, he wasn't really getting enough Ks either. That league is nowhere near as deep as this league so it was easy enough to find a replacement. Here though the waiver wire is as thin as it gets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Don't get me started on Ub J!
    Drafted him last year in our current keeper in round 3 as my 'ACE' pitcher.
    He didn't start properly until mid-May due to various injuries.

Once in a blue moon he gets to about 5 innings with no hits and 8Ks and then blows up and gives up 5 runs in one inning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

7-2
    9-1
    9-1
    9-1
    8-2

Sad thing is I don't even know where it's going wrong. Going to have to put some work into it over the next few days.

Anyway, I'm blowing up the team (Isotopes), just assume everybody is on the trading block (Reddick and Pedroia would depend a lot on the offer).

Masked Man wrote: »
    7-2
    9-1
    9-1
    9-1
    8-2

Sad thing is I don't even know where it's going wrong. Going to have to put some work into it over the next few days.

Anyway, I'm blowing up the team (Isotopes), just assume everybody is on the trading block (Reddick and Pedroia would depend a lot on the offer).
    Is CarGo on the block? He is easily your best player...

You should use your DL spot for your injured pitcher and try and pick up a solid starter or pitching prospect. That aint easy in this league league.

I've had to rebuild my team to get back over .500. I only have 10 players left who I drafted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I also overhauled my staff from what I drafted - I had ignored relievers which was hurting me (still have 0 closers though :( )

CarGo is available. I'm pretty strong in OF and I think I'd be ok losing one player from there (even if it is my best player).
    You aint the only with problems at 1B, I have Ike Davis on my roster

:o

Think I might have to look for an upgrade there.

Rob, I'm definitely interested in discussing a trade.

Masked Man wrote: »
    CarGo is available. I'm pretty strong in OF and I think I'd be ok losing one player from there (even if it is my best player).

:o

Think I might have to look for an upgrade there.

Rob, I'm definitely interested in discussing a trade.
    Yea, I had already benched Ike by then. I held for as long as I could hoping he would turn it around but when there was talks of him been demoted I decided to cut him. Morse is back for me now so hopefully he can provide 1B type production.

I'd be interested in CarGo aswell. I'll have a look later and see if I'm willing to give up what I think he worth...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Trade proposed to Masked Man. Its not quite as stupid as my trade last year for Pujols but I'm still giving up a lot.

Thoughts anyone ?

I give up : RA Dickey, Mark Reynolds, Nick Swisher, Justin Morneau

Isotopes give up : Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Roberts.

I really dunno what I expect the answer to be !

Trade proposed to Masked Man. Its not quite as stupid as my trade last year for Pujols but I'm still giving up a lot.

Thoughts anyone ?

I give up : RA Dickey, Mark Reynolds, Nick Swisher, Justin Morneau

Isotopes give up : Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Roberts.

Interesting offer. Probably wouldn't do that myself as don't like getting bits and pieces for star players but that's just me

Just accepted the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SurelyYouJest

You folks might enjoy this site:

http://razzball.com/

Masked Man: So, you traded CarGo. In times past, humans were burnt at the stake for lesser heresies.

Lastly, as you'll learn at Razzball, should you visit, there is one rule with two renditions for fantasy baseball, to wit...

SAGNOF = saves ain't got no face
    SAGNOF = steals ain't got no face

And if he well and truly stinks, he's a schmohawk.

Oh, for one more, since I saw some posts mourning the soul who puts up some numbers while benched, well, that's a sonuvabench.

Well and truly lastly, glad to see some getting interested the game (the real game and not so much fantasy).

Sorry, for one more, keep in mind the notion that it is not a mortal sin to stash guys on the DL. Meaning that if you have the DL and aren't too worried about your max weekly moves limit, then if you are going to drop and add then you might as well do a drop, add a DL soul, stash him on the DL, and then add. And keep an eye on those souls likely to be called up in the not so distant future. For example, on more than one occasion I've cleared my bench to add guys who weren't likely to be up in the MLB for another month or so. So long as you don't think that you'll fall out of playoff contention in the interim, then is also not mortal sin to clear the bench in order to grab yourself some up and coming studs. Also, look for guys who are doing well now in limited time and it looks like they stand gain regular playing time. The latest of such souls is Norichika Aoki. I added him to all my teams about a month ago (I've got 16 teams, one season, 09, I had 32). Anyway, enjoy the game(s).

Hi guys, I seem to have my team settled ok, one or two problems here and there but the team has a winning record and that was sort of my aim for my first fantasy season.

Would anyone be willing to trade a decent catcher for 3B Aramis Ramirez,
    42 runs 9 homers 42 RBI 2 SB .263 Avg.

Been hearing a lot of hype about Anthony Rizzo 1B for the Cubs
    ESPN Fantasy podcast gave their first ten minutes to him today

Snapped him up during the week and he is expected to be called up over the weekend or next week

I'm hoping for a lot
    Getting murdered in batting categories this week, 10 runs behind :o

• Advertisement

Been hearing a lot of hype about Anthony Rizzo 1B for the Cubs
    ESPN Fantasy podcast gave their first ten minutes to him today

Snapped him up during the week and he is expected to be called up over the weekend or next week
    Yea, I was looking to pick him up in this league myself but he was gone when I checked yesterday. He is tearing it up down on the farm this season so could do well. Any highly touted prospect is worth a pickup in this league. You wont be wanting a repeat of his callup for the Padres last season though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Rizzo was having a fantastic year last year but couldn't really get himself going when he was called up to the majors.

Can't access the site atm so my lineup isn't set for todays afternoon games !

Just found out I wasn't affected :)

I'm still open to trading Aramis Ramirez, would prefer a pitcher now though - hoping to balance my team a bit more (and have Wright & Headley at 3B)

Those Pesky Badgers are listening to offers....

Would definitely be interested in Ryan Braun.
    Would be willing to part with Albert Pujols or Paul Konerko if you want to upgrade over LaRoche, if you're looking for someone in OF too Austin Jackson could be available.

Would also be interested in Allen Craig and Joel hanrahan.

Let me know if anything works with the Greek Gods of Walks.

Good luck,

Rob

Wow, thats alot of talent on the block especially in the non-keeper league. What categories are you looking for?

• Advertisement

Wow, thats alot of talent on the block especially in the non-keeper league. What categories are you looking for?

Updated stats needed.
    There are elite players in there, I want to see what 'players' people are willing to part with.

Updated stats needed.
    There are elite players in there, I want to see what 'players' people are willing to part with.

Probably can't help you with the pitching categories you want as have no SP's. RP's available though like Huston Street.

For Runs & SB's, Austin Jackson and Alexei Ramirez are available. Would part with one of them if you wanted a 1B as well

Lost two of my best pitchers for the year, Beachy and Pettite.
    My first season watching baseball and I never released they were so many injuries in this sport!

Have a trading block up, any offers considered, looking for SP

Feel free to take Ervin Santana off my hands. I hate him and will take anything except a sp.

Lost two of my best pitchers for the year, Beachy and Pettite.
    My first season watching baseball and I never released they were so many injuries in this sport!
    And this season seems to be worse than others especially with pitchers. When workhorses like Halladay, Sabathia and possibly Haren hit the DL you know its a bad year.

Pettitte should be back for the season run-in but Beachy is definately done...

Edit: Haren just placed on the DL for the first time in his MLB career...

• Advertisement

Edit: Haren just placed on the DL for the first time in his MLB career...

fantastic...I didn't even get a start out of him :-)

Hi, could the GM of this league please PM the e-mail I used to register? Had it set to remember me can't remember it now! Thanks.

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Hi, could the GM of this league please PM the e-mail I used to register? Had it set to remember me can't remember it now! Thanks.
    I checked the list of managers (League > Managers) and most managers email addresses, yours isn't and there is no way I cant find a way to see it through the commish tools. I think you should be able to find it through your Yahoo account profile, thats where the hide email setting is set.

Cheers, sorted.

Is the owner of walnut wanderers around? Trying to propose my Aramis Ramirez for Jake Westbrook, says he is in a pending trade.

A lot of trades going down this week :cool:

Great to see

Is the owner of walnut wanderers around? Trying to propose my Aramis Ramirez for Jake Westbrook, says he is in a pending trade.

Why would you trade?

He's going to get dropped tomorrow morning, you can get him from the waiver wire :)

My mistake - cheers for that. The idea behind it was I have an overload at 3B and not enough quality pitching.

I can't trade with you anyway, much the same situation

Loaded at 1B and looking for SP

Trade proposed to Artful Dodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ah bugger, would have taken that trade too!

• Advertisement

I'm not complaining first off

Close match between me and Pier 6 Brawlers and I was only delighted to see their pitcher Zach McAllister give up 4 runs

We were close on ERA, could have put me ahead

He was relieved with two outs

But 0 ERA
    Ok, I see one fielding error

But two doubles and a walk after this, runs scores and it remains 0 ERA

Tis confusing :confused:

212298.jpg

212299.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

My understanding is that the inning is 'reconstructed' as if the error didn't occur.

In this case the pitcher would have had 3 outs (had the error not happened) before the 1st run was scored, therefore 0 earned runs.

That makes sense

Learning all the time :)

Just a three day week this time

It'll be messy and there may well be huge victories and losses for some

Yahoo should have made this a 10 day week in my opinion

Ah well

I see says the blind man

That's good news
    I was just thinking of Week 1 which was a short week

I see says the blind man

That's good news
    I was just thinking of Week 1 which was a short week

Yeah, still smarting from my 1-9 defeat in very short Week 1.

Carl Crawford is back!

After sitting on my DL all season long, great to have him in the lineup. Almost single-handedly winning me steals this week with 3 last night

Would anyone be interested in trading for my Chris Sale. I know he wasn't great against the Tigers last night but I was planning on proposing him for trades to upgrade my offense. Let me know

• Advertisement

Mid table is a bloodbath in this league!!

Advertisement