Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Afternoon slump

• 01-07-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Hello,
    Just looking for advice. Not sure whether it's the weather or just general tiredness but come the afternoon I could sleep for a couple of hours no problem. I'm also getting a mad craving for sugar at the same time. Sleep isn't an option :)
    Can anyone recommend a food that might counteract the sugar craving and give an energy boost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I always find that if I give in to the Sugar in the right way I am fine. What I mean of course is eat a piece or two of fruit, you will satisfy your sugar craving an gain almost instant energy to boot. Works for me every time. Plums are particularly good right now try 2 of them!

Are you having much bread or carbs at lunchtime
    I find they make me sleepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had that feeling yesterday but after I had some Greek yogurt with strawberries and almonds, I perked up and I was grand.
    Glenisk do small pots and they're lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

what's your diet like before this?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

.thanks all. Will try some Greek yoghurt tomorrow. Currently restricting calories but still pretty carb heavy. Getting better with incorporating protein and limiting my sugar intake somewhat. Still though, when seeing the intake at the end of the day sugar features heavily (albeit with me staying within my allotted calories).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Spoonful of peanut butter does me. More recently Nuts n More's White chocolate flavoured peanut butter. Like heroin, i imagine

White-Chocolate-Peanut-HP2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Spoonful of peanut butter does me. More recently Nuts n More's White chocolate flavoured peanut butter. Like heroin, i imagine

White-Chocolate-Peanut-HP2.jpg

Oh lord, I wish I didnt know this existed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I generally get some exercise before lunch and then I am never tired in the afternoon, also matters what I eat. If i eat bread -> tired, if I eat vegetable/bean soup I feel great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Coffee

ALL THE COFFEE

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Pint of wawher.

On the rocks, obvz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement