Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unislim advice and tips tread

• 20-06-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi ALL,

I just joined unislim online. I have about 16lbs to lose (to be a normal sized person, not a skinny Minnie) and I actually am very impressed with the plan.

My background is, I have done ww on numerous occasions with initial success and then piling it back on afterwards. Then in 2010 I went to a nutritionist who put me on a Low GL diet and I lost 2.5 stone. I have 1.5 of that back on now since and I am really feeling it. I cannot afford to see her anymore but I must say that I am very happy with the unislim plan. One day in :P;)

So basically today my meals are
    B- Glass of lemon in hot water
    30g lizis granola with some l/f milk
    small smoothie made with raspberries, 1/2 a mango a splash of almond milk, and a spoon of greek yogurt

L- 2 rye crackers with smokes salmon and cottage cheese

D- I plan a bacon and cod tossed salad with spring onions and cherry tomatoes

There is very little room for messing around on a daily basis and any extra splurges need to be earned via exercise as you cannot carry your daily "yum" allowance forward.

Wondering if anyone else does this plan and how they find it?

My goal is to hopefully lose this 16lbs by September , so in about 12/13 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hi ALL,

I just joined unislim online. I have about 16lbs to lose (to be a normal sized person, not a skinny Minnie) and I actually am very impressed with the plan.

My background is, I have done ww on numerous occasions with initial success and then piling it back on afterwards. Then in 2010 I went to a nutritionist who put me on a Low GL diet and I lost 2.5 stone. I have 1.5 of that back on now since and I am really feeling it. I cannot afford to see her anymore but I must say that I am very happy with the unislim plan. One day in :P;)

So basically today my meals are
    B- Glass of lemon in hot water
    30g lizis granola with some l/f milk
    small smoothie made with raspberries, 1/2 a mango a splash of almond milk, and a spoon of greek yogurt

L- 2 rye crackers with smokes salmon and cottage cheese

D- I plan a bacon and cod tossed salad with spring onions and cherry tomatoes

There is very little room for messing around on a daily basis and any extra splurges need to be earned via exercise as you cannot carry your daily "yum" allowance forward.

Wondering if anyone else does this plan and how they find it?

My goal is to hopefully lose this 16lbs by September , so in about 12/13 weeks

Depending on your age and ability you should easily lose 16lbs in 6-7 weeks with some exercise and healthy diet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

32 and I go to a bootcamp class three times a week.

The weakness is the wine at the weekends, and just general sloppiness. 6/7 weeks would be lovely!!

Am finidhing this to be a really good plan. I am eating lovely meals with a bit of planning involved. I was very tired up until yesterday but I am like a new woman today , so much energy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sallins13

Hi
    I 've just joined unislim Online lot of Wright to lose. Just wondering you are finding it? Any advise or tips.

sallins13 wrote: »
    Hi
    I 've just joined unislim Online lot of Wright to lose. Just wondering you are finding it? Any advise or tips.

Hi, I am loving it. Down 9lbs , would like to lose just a,little bit more. I do a lot of exercise at the moment and have great energy. I love the plan!

How are you settling into it?

• Advertisement

Hi, I am loving it. Down 9lbs , would like to lose just a,little bit more. I do a lot of exercise at the moment and have great energy. I love the plan!

How are you settling into it?

To be honest not great Think I will start going to clesses from 3rd Sept. Also as I work couple of evenings not getting a chance to get any real excerise done. Though I do need a challenge so found out about Aquathons so have emailed then & going to set a target to do a 2.5 run 250m swim & 2.5 run within d next few months. Swim part us fine as I know once I get back swimming can swim 1600mtrs have never ran so getting up to a 5 km will b my challenge.
    What excerise are you doing?

Are you finding the plan hard to follow online? You should sign up to the "Unislim Chatroom" o facebook. It was a life saver for me as my head was melted with the food diary online as it was calculating things incorrectly for me!!

I do a bootcamp type class and also started a yoga/pilates dvd in the mornings as well as I was finding I had bad balance and couldn't stretch to well.

What is it you are finding tough, do you think you need the classes to help motivate you?

Yeah for motivation & information especially about sauces etc.

While I will try to make most things myself sometimes u just have to use a jar due to time restraints etc.

Also having the kids around it's hard to look round the super market for thing. On a tight budget so just can't spend 3 euro on wraps just cause there wholemeal when white version is .79 cent. So going to go through the food bible over the weekend work out the yums etc on food I use regularly & work them into my diet.

I lost alot of weight years ago since I've had my kids & been at home weight has gone back up found classes really helpful for tips etc.

Though if I get my head round it in over the next few days might just stay with online as it's cheaper.

You definitely can get cheaper wraps and pittas than that in Aldi and Lidl but while your kids are off you don't have time for going shop to shop!! I definitely spend less now as I was sneaking bars of chocolate and the likes in each day, now I try for one shop. Its very hard when your time is against you though. I am quiet in work this summer but come October-December Ill need to really plan hard at the weekends.

Exactly need to get a few meals sorted that we all eat. I don't mind doing different dinners for kids but not every night. Also will start making soups etc for lunches don't to do what I can over next week & really kick off from 1 st Sept.

You must b delighted with losing 9lbs did it take u long?

• Advertisement

It took me a good bit, but I didn't have lots to lose really so it was steady. I see people on the unislim chatroom with great big losses so it does work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I'm graduating from college at the end of October and have decided that this is my goal date to be at least a stone and dress size smaller!

Planning on joining unislim for some support and guidance but due to working hours I won't be able to make one specific meeting every week. I was wondering is it possible to go to any unislim meeting each week? I.e Wednesday morning this week, wed evening next week and maybe a Friday the week after? Thanks

Yep you can switch between any class !!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pajoguy

A friend of mine i live with started tonight at unislim. He is roughly 17 1/2 stone. The instructor said its 80% food and 20% exercise. I know this person doesnt go too mad on food. Maybe a bit heavy on bread at times and a take away once a week but outside of that he eats what mosy people eat i.e. doesnt eat take aways every second night or drink bottles of full fat sodas.
    I just wonder are these instructors a bit irresponsible telling somebody its 80% food. Surely a slight change to the diet and alot more exercise would be more beneficial. This person does no exercise really. Goes for a walk some mornings buts its only about a mile and its a stroll more than a walk.
    I have seen these meal plans and they are not sustainable in the long run. Thats my opinion but only that. Please feel free to tell me im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

pajoguy wrote: »
    A friend of mine i live with started tonight at unislim. He is roughly 17 1/2 stone. The instructor said its 80% food and 20% exercise. I know this person doesnt go too mad on food. Maybe a bit heavy on bread at times and a take away once a week but outside of that he eats what mosy people eat i.e. doesnt eat take aways every second night or drink bottles of full fat sodas.
    I just wonder are these instructors a bit irresponsible telling somebody its 80% food. Surely a slight change to the diet and alot more exercise would be more beneficial. This person does no exercise really. Goes for a walk some mornings buts its only about a mile and its a stroll more than a walk.
    I have seen these meal plans and they are not sustainable in the long run. Thats my opinion but only that. Please feel free to tell me im wrong.

80/20 is about right
    If he eats what most people eat then that's probably his issue as most people eat too much,large portions etc.
    If you change your diet and eat in a deficit you will lose weight regardless of exercise
    Whereas you would want to be doing a lot of exercise to lose weight while eating in a surplus..

You cant out-train a bad diet.

pajoguy wrote: »

Hi Pajoguy!

Since the thread here that I started, i have actually trained to become a leader and run three classes a week now!!

Every leaders take is different, but I do agree in theory that the diet is the most important thing to fix. Let me be blunt, this person is not 17 1/2 stone by eating pretty much what everyone else eats. Either he isnt eating the same or he has a medical condition that is making him gain weight as this is in the higher range of overweight if not obese. i am not trying to be rude at all, I am just being very straight.

I agree 100% that exercise is so important. I think you are right in saying that he needs to really up this, but he needs to up it and also watch his food.

I really disagree with the statement that the meal plans arent sustainable long term. The plan has three meals and two snacks every day. There is a wholegrain carb with each meal and also a weekly allowance for treats. Its very doable and also very healthy and not fussy which I feel some plans can be.

I am obviously biased though now lol!!
    PS just to add , there are parts of the plan that I dont agree with, like snacking on sugar free jelly and other such things but those are the only weak point in my opinion

I hope i wasnt coming across rude, that wasnt my intention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Hi Pajoguy!

Since the thread here that I started, i have actually trained to become a leader and run three classes a week now!!

Every leaders take is different, but I do agree in theory that the diet is the most important thing to fix. Let me be blunt, this person is not 17 1/2 stone by eating pretty much what everyone else eats. Either he isnt eating the same or he has a medical condition that is making him gain weight as this is in the higher range of overweight if not obese. i am not trying to be rude at all, I am just being very straight.

I agree 100% that exercise is so important. I think you are right in saying that he needs to really up this, but he needs to up it and also watch his food.

I really disagree with the statement that the meal plans arent sustainable long term. The plan has three meals and two snacks every day. There is a wholegrain carb with each meal and also a weekly allowance for treats. Its very doable and also very healthy and not fussy which I feel some plans can be.

I am obviously biased though now lol!!
    PS just to add , there are parts of the plan that I dont agree with, like snacking on sugar free jelly and other such things but those are the only weak point in my opinion

I hope i wasnt coming across rude, that wasnt my intention :)

Thanks for the detailed reply. Not rude at all.
    I suppose I am hoping it works for him as there have been many false dawns with other "agencies" and "i will start on monday"!!!
    I know myself its difficult to maintain a healthy balance between diet and exercise.
    Fingers crossed.

Advertisement