Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a healthy breakfast?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 myszak

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Juices and smoothies are different. Smoothie keeps the fibre lowering the insulin spike.

Yes, smoothies would be better than juices as they do have fibre. We just cannot forget that this is still lots of sugar and don't treat it like every day breakfast. At least this is my opinion. It is very individual thing how much sugar your body will tolerate without side effects. I can speak for myself that 1-2 pieces of fruit a day is absolute max I can have.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lux23 wrote: »
    Are smoothies really all that healthy? I have been making my own for the last couple of weeks as I am a terrible fruit eater but I am not convinced they are all that healthy.

Yeah depends what is in them of course, don;'t have tonnes of fruit. I have a protein one for breakfast. Pea protein, banana, peanut butter, soy milk, cocoa/cocao powder. Tastes amazing, keeps you filled for ages and is quite healthy. I eat that around 9-9:30 and only want lunch around 3-3:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CaptainAhab

I follow a low carb high fat way of eating so breakfast is typically 5 eggs scrambled with cream and butter alongside 4 strips of bacon. I may mix this up on occasion with avocado or sausage, or frying the eggs instead. I won't eat again until dinner at about 6ish. I only eat breakfast if I am hungry in the morning and as a result I find that approximately 2 days per week I will not be hungry and will not eat anything until my dinner.

Advertisement