Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paleo/Primal

• 10-07-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone here interested in Paleo? I have seen some older threads which died out.
    I chose to be Paleo just over a month ago and am fascinated with the topic itself. Are there any Paleo groups, communities that you know of? Would be great to start sharing experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

There used to be a lot of people into paleo but they all died before 30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

eventually most people realised there's not really any such thing as a 'paleolithic diet' and the whole thing is a bit bollocks really

it tended to attract people who ate like **** before they discovered paleo, so when they felt better from just switching to meat and vegetables while ditching all their biscuits, fast foods and ice creams.. they attributed it to paleo instead of just eating better generally

• Registered Users Posts: 8 myszak

There used to be a lot of people into paleo but they all died before 30.

Haha:))) i almost fell off the chair when i saw it:)))

• Registered Users Posts: 8 myszak

strelok wrote: »
    eventually most people realised there's not really any such thing as a 'paleolithic diet' and the whole thing is a bit bollocks really

it tended to attract people who ate like **** before they discovered paleo, so when they felt better from just switching to meat and vegetables while ditching all their biscuits, fast foods and ice creams.. they attributed it to paleo instead of just eating better generally

Yeah...i was very sceptical myself. I ate quite healthy. At least i thought so. I used to eat lots of veg and fruit but also had bread (chose wholemeal or rye) pasta...of course i had biscuits too. So when i gave up gluten it did help me a lot! I feel better and lighter. I would argue about some strict paleo rules (no diary...) but i guess this works for me. That's why i really want to hear other opinion and contra-argument :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

You might be interested in DotComMollys old thread on the whole 30 program:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056765159

• Advertisement
Advertisement