Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my diet ok for building strength?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I am a GAA player currently following a gym program. The program is focused on upper and lower body strength and explosiveness. I am a bit flabby in the stomach but my main aim is to build muscle. I am 6'2 and 22. I weigh 13.5 stone

My current diet is

Breakfast
    Bowl of Porridge

Mid morning snack
    one avocado or scrambled egges (2 eggs)
    Cup of green tea

Lunch
    Sandwich on Health Grain Irish Pride Bread
    Chicken slice or tuna
    mixed lettuce or spinach
    light mayo
    slice of galtee cheese
    one tomato

half a sweet potato
    banana
    half an avocado or scrambled eggs (which ever I didnt have earlier)
    half an Ugli fruit

Mid afternoon snack
    Apple
    sometimes a banana if I was too full after lunch

Dinner
    Dont really have a set dinner usually meat veg and potatoes or something like a chicken curry.

Late evening
    I usually have something like 2 biscuits if Im hungry

That would be my typical Mon-Fri my weekends vary a bit more. I usually would eat more pasta and stuff I have more time to cook.

I also would have a protein shake after I go to the gym and after a training session if it was hard. I usually gym/train every second day. I go to the gym after work so I get dinner at 7. If i have training I would have something like two slices of toast at 6 so it would keep me ticking over before I get my dinner around 9.

Can someone give me a bit of advice? It feels like I'm not eating something right or not eating enough. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Use this to work out what you burn, i.e. your Todal Daily Energy Expenditure and use MyFitnessPal to work out the calories in what you eat.

You'll know more after that.

Advertisement