Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Options

Comments

Source?

I'm being negative for the sake of it, I really love this games. But even though the Wii version had a very strong marketing effort behind that, I didn't see it turn into sales at the time.

I wish more people played it, but as I said near the top of this topic, I don't know a single person IRL who does that I didn't teach to play personally...

On phone so can't do a lot of searching but Monster Hunter 3 Wii sales exceeded 700,000 in 2010 between Europe and the US. Not Fifa or Assassin's Creed numbers but damn impressive for what was seen as a niche title on a "kids console".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Seems to be the case in all GameStops can't find it in any local to me. What a joke. May as well order it from Amazon. Will have it just as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Seems to be the case in all GameStops can't find it in any local to me. What a joke. May as well order it from Amazon. Will have it just as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gekigengar!

I got my copy for the WiiU at GameStop in Blanchardstown at lunch time today. It was the last copy that wasn't pre-ordered.

Also, if anyone is looking for someone to hunt online with, send me a pm for my nintendo id. I played MHTri for a while but didnt get much further than HR30 if I recall correctly. I'm looking forward to playing this when I finish work :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Always wanted to try a monster hunter game,too bad I don't have a 3DS or a wii u.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

SK1979 wrote: »

I understand the local shops only got 2 copies (1 3DS and 1 Wii U) each!!! What a joke is right! They all 'appear' to be sold out.

I thought Capcom said they wanted this game to be the breakthrough in the West.........:rolleyes:

Oh well...back to MHFU on my PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Always wanted to try a monster hunter game,too bad I don't have a 3DS or a wii u.
    .... Yet!

One of us

One of us

One of us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This. They always seem to come out on the crappy consoles i dont have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I think I landed on Charm Table 10, either that or 7 but I was aiming for 10 so I might be in luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Banjo wrote: »
    .... Yet!

One of us

One of us

One of us
    This. They always seem to come out on the crappy consoles i dont have.

Hehehe :D

I was reading somewhere it has a very steep learning curve?no tutorial as such?
    Still wanna try it though :/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dark Cloud Repeat

Anybody in Limerick with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think each Gamestop got one copy, so at least three Limerick people are playing it. :)

New stock due on Tuesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dark Cloud Repeat

Mr E wrote: »
    I think each Gamestop got one copy, so at least three Limerick people are playing it. :)

New stock due on Tuesday or Thursday.

The one in town got a few I think.
    Myself and a friend bought our copies on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 W.Tiger

It's great to see more people interested in the game! I thought there were only like five other Irish people who played it..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 richiebox

Hi, I got MH3U last Friday and am blown away by it. Put in 20 hours over the weekend in it...haven't done that in about 7 years with a new game.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in teaming up for some online monster hunting, PM me your nintendo ID and I'll add you.

Me and my brother are both HR2 now, we KO'd Lagi four times when it was my turn to rank up :)
    God he is a massive arsehole, I don't remember him being this annoying in Tri, I ended up swapping over to hammer for my turn and we cleared him much quicker too, guess I'm back to hammer again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I want this game. :( why 3ds version has to suck so much by not having online mode :(. I can't really afford to buy wii u now!

By the way, the circle pad pro works on full game? As it was not working with demo.

I want this game. :( why 3ds version has to suck so much by not having online mode :(. I can't really afford to buy wii u now!

By the way, the circle pad pro works on full game? As it was not working with demo.
    It works with the full game from what I've seen.

I want this game. :( why 3ds version has to suck so much by not having online mode :(

There's something on the WiiU eShop called a Monster Hunter Packet Relay that says it's for 3DS online play. Doesn't give much info though, seems unlikely it's a stand-alone app, more likely for allowing the 3DS to piggyback on the WiiU version's online session. Anyone got it/used it?

Edit : No, I was completely arseways
    http://gamerchatter.com/2013/03/21/monster-hunter-3-ultimates-data-transfer-program-packet-relay-tool-due-on-friday/
    Important notes concerning the Packet Relay Tool:

The Wii U’s Internet connection CAN NOT be wireless. In order to utilize the Packet Relay Tool, you MUST use a Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter to connect to the internet.
    A Wii U copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is NOT necessary to play the 3DS online using the Packet Relay Tool
    If you have both Wii U and the 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate you will NOT be able to play online with both versions of the game at the same time using the Packet Relay Tool as the Wii U is exclusively providing an Internet connection and will not be available to run additional software.

edit 2 :
    Yeah what he said down there
    |
    v

Banjo wrote: »
    There's something on the WiiU eShop called a Monster Hunter Packet Relay that says it's for 3DS online play. Doesn't give much info though, seems unlikely it's a stand-alone app, more likely for allowing the 3DS to piggyback on the WiiU version's online session. Anyone got it/used it?
    From my understanding you can't do anything on the Wii U while running it, so it's just for letting the 3DS play online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Happy to see all the new player!

Once we have four players confirmed living in Dublin with 3DS version, we will need to arrange a meet-up, haha!

Goddamn Capcom forcing us to go outside and be sociable!

Absolutely. I'm playing the full game with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Does anyone know how much new content there is compared to Tri, or how early into it new monsters start appearing?

elekid wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much new content there is compared to Tri, or how early into it new monsters start appearing?

There is approximately 3 times the content of Tri, and new Monsters start appearing immediately after the Great Jaggi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

There is approximately 3 times the content of Tri, and new Monsters start appearing immediately after the Great Jaggi.

That's excellent considering Tri was already a massive game. I think its really cool that you can play local co-op on Wii U with multiple 3DS players so everyone gets their own two screens, but sadly I don't know anyone who'd play it with me

You should arrange to meet up in the city centre - Stephen's Green, once the weather improves - and everyone come dressed as their favourite monster. And if a four year old girl comes up to you waving a bubble-sword and screaming "I am a princess knight!" you should let her pretend to slay you.

I am trying to help the Monster Hunter Community and am in no way trying to entertain one of my daughters on the cheap.

I fired up monster hunter 2 on ps vita last night. Holy crap how I want monster hunter 3 now!!! :(

Problem is I find 3ds screen way too small to enjoy it properly, plus no multiplayer with it.
    I would love to buy wii u now! Though in GameStop it is still very damn pricey. On amazon monster hunter 3 bundle is too expensive too.
    If I understand right you can't play fully on controller MH3? Only on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

If I understand right you can't play fully on controller MH3? Only on TV?

Off-TV play and cross-region support should be coming in April via an update. :)

I fired up monster hunter 2 on ps vita last night. Holy crap how I want monster hunter 3 now!!! :(

Problem is I find 3ds screen way too small to enjoy it properly, plus no multiplayer with it.

I have no problem with the 3DS screen, I've already played this a ton. But I will make everyone a recommendation: If you're going to buy a 3DS for this game, buy the XL.

Nothing to do with screensize or specs or anything else like that.

It comes down to the very simple fact that the 3DS battery life is balls, but the XL's is actually quite good.

If I was more willing to throw money away, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat. But until that day, if we ever have an offline MH meetup, I call the seat next to a wall socket.

Off-TV play and cross-region support should be coming in April via an update. :)

Okay, that's sort of thing is not helping me at all! :D

All morning I am working a plan on how to get wii u and most important how to explain misses why I need one!!! Then on the way home I got myself together I convinced myself to stay away from wii u now as I got more gaming devices at home then average small country! :D

Now I am back to wanting it more then my next breath! Damn you!

I got 200eu and 50ey GameStop voucher put away for ps4. My visa is fully cleared out too. I can easily drop 200eu in to visa and just use 200cash for weekly spending we need.
    I really want wii u and MH3, but I am so afraid that it will be a dust magnet like wii was back then :(. I know I will have a blast with mh3, but 350eu for one game might be... Stupid!

• Advertisement

Well, fudge that... placed order on 3ds version of it on amazon. Ill stay away from wii u for now! :o

Advertisement