Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle Whiskey.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cosher10

Hi,

does anybody know if you are still able to invest in this company as i read you can buy a barrel as an investment.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

cosher10 wrote: »
    Hi,

does anybody know if you are still able to invest in this company as i read you can buy a barrel as an investment.

thanks
    Not entirely sure if you can still buy a barrel, but you should be able to find out here

http://www.dinglefoundingfathers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i received a bottle of dingle vodka as a gift for my birthday,
    it is beautiful,
    the bottle is awsome, just fab,
    would be glad to buy for my own use or as a gift for someone when going overseas,
    it is one of a kind,
    i hope they do well, they deserve it, due to the products they are producing,
    where did they get the bottles, they are brill

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had a taste of the Dingle whiskey last week & was very impressed. I was down in Dingle for a few days & popped in on spec as I saw an ad for tours of the distillery. As it turned out there were no tours that day as they were organizing a big bash for the whiskey that weekend.

That said, the owner took some time out to give me a personal tour. I sampled some of the gin spirit at a couple of stages in the process which was really interesting. He also answered all of my dumb-ass questions about distilling.

However, the highlight was tasting the whiskey from the different casks (bourbon, port & sherry). A real treat!

All credit to Oliver Hughes - he is genuinely very, very passionate about his distilling & production of quality spirits. And a gentleman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Just as a follow on to this, a Dingle Whiskey bar was opened last week in the Porterhouse on Nassau St. To put it simply the place blew me away. Finished beautiful and its not another hipster kip nor is it another 37 style whiskey bar effort.
    THey have 146 whiskeys in stock at the moment with the majority priced from 5-10 a drink. Middleton v rare was 13e a shot which is half the price ive paid around town. Barmen were exceptional, knew their stuff even if they are also just learning the catalogue.
    Highly recommend everyone to take a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Just happened upon a bottle of Dingle Distillery Single Malt Batch 1 in World Wide Wines in Waterford yesterday. Woohoo!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nice, there are still plenty left in Kerry as I found on my hols a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Nice, there are still plenty left in Kerry as I found on my hols a few weeks ago.

Where in Kerry?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where in Kerry?

Picked up some in cahirsiveen

Picked up some in cahirsiveen

In an off licence? Can you remember which one?
    If anyone else know where it can be bought, please PM me, I'd love to purchase another bottle.

• Advertisement

Spins wrote: »
    In an off licence? Can you remember which one?
    If anyone else know where it can be bought, please PM me, I'd love to purchase another bottle.

Yeah an off licence on the main street, they had a good few in stock.

http://cahersiveen.ie/odriscolls-off-licence/

That's the spot, great selection and the guy is a Gent, does whiskey tastings too.

Also can be got on drinkstore.ie (Or could be very recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

just ordered from drinkstore....will let ye know if i get it or not.

dashoonage wrote: »
    just ordered from drinkstore....will let ye know if i get it or not.

You must have gotten the last bottle as it's no longer on their website.

Spins wrote: »
    You must have gotten the last bottle as it's no longer on their website.

i aint got it yet!!!! money isnt gone from my account and i havent received any notice its shipped :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Maybe I got the last one!!
    Give them a bell, they are slow to respond to the online orders in my experience.

So this arrived. Does anyonw know how many bottles were in the first batch ?

edit: never mind 7500, mines in the 6000's

So do i open it or keep it :P

dashoonage wrote: »
    So this arrived. Does anyonw know how many bottles were in the first batch ?

edit: never mind 7500, mines in the 6000's

So do i open it or keep it :P

Did you not learn anything :p

Buy two - keep one drink one

Did you not learn anything :p

Buy two - keep one drink one

i have a second one on the way as we speak :P

ill learn!

Advertisement