Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Mario Maker: The Boards Levels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Oh! So wanna play that know.

Yep:-|

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

iamtony wrote: »
    Anthony, your ghost ship level is great! Very good idea!

Thanks. Hopefully I'll have even better ones soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd also like to point out that while I tirelessly play through all y'all's levels my last too masterpieces remain unplayed by most and unfinished by all:-)

I played the giant Mario stage and finished it. Once I got the star at the start I was laughing. Didn't realise that for a while. Otherwise it would have been more difficult and it was.

sligeach wrote: »
    I played the giant Mario stage and finished it. Once I got the star at the start I was laughing. Didn't realise that for a while. Otherwise it would have been more difficult and it was.
    Ha ha yeah I was having trouble completing it myself so sAid screw it I'll just add in a few stars and make it more of a fun level!

What's your highest score?
    WVW69idIGjcAK-skIO

Simple little level. The idea is to get as many points as possible in 20 seconds by stomping on Goomba heads. My first attempt is 64,300. Post a comment on the level to leave your score.

ID Code: 27EC-0000-008F-F714.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Great news everyone! I've new course uploaded and it's a Mega Man themed one and my first Amiibo level.
    There's plenty of power ups to keep the Blue Bomber around but can you do it with only using one power up and keep Mega Man?
    It's actually kind of annoying having to keep tapping the Amiibo to use it in game, is there a way around that?

Also my hand isn't broke just badly bruised. Hurt it this morning trying to pass that level though.

Anyway here's the code

66C3 0000 0091 6BE0

Mega Mario Man in Super Sawland

Great news everyone! I've new course uploaded and it's a Mega Man themed one and my first Amiibo level.
    There's plenty of power ups to keep the Blue Bomber around but can you do it with only using one power up and keep Mega Man?
    It's actually kind of annoying having to keep tapping the Amiibo to use it in game, is there a way around that?

Also my hand isn't broke just badly bruised. Hurt it this morning trying to pass that level though.

Anyway here's the code

66C3 0000 0091 6BE0

the only other option I've found is hold the the shoulder button that starts copy mode and you can copy it and drag a clone of the first one you placed but it's only useful if your using the power up close to each other. If it's further down the screen or whatever it's easier to just tap the amiibo again.

the only other option I've found is hold the the shoulder button that starts copy mode and you can copy it and drag a clone of the first one you placed but it's only useful if your using the power up close to each other. If it's further down the screen or whatever it's easier to just tap the amiibo again.

See I was going to get sell a few and use them first, thinking I only needed one tap. Foolish me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

See I was going to get sell a few and use them first, thinking I only needed one tap. Foolish me.

Do you mean physically tapping the amiibo to the gamepad each time? You do only have to do that once to unlock the costume.

abbir wrote: »
    Do you mean physically tapping the amiibo to the gamepad each time? You do only have to do that once to unlock the costume.
    So how do you place the special mushroom in the level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

So how do you place the special mushroom in the level?

Take the icon out of row 2 and place it somewhere. Then tap the mushroom and you can select which costume you want the special mushroom to contain. You can unlock all the amiibo costumes by playing the 100 Mario Challenges.

abbir wrote: »
    Take the icon out of row 2 and place it somewhere. Then tap the mushroom and you can select which costume you want the special mushroom to contain. You can unlock all the amiibo costumes by playing the 100 Mario Challenges.
    Excellent thanks. I don't think I ever used the special mushroom from the tools menu ha ha!

I'm some eejit. I also only yesterday discovered curved rails and that you can make them so the stuff can fall off them by removing an end.

Some bloody game, I tells ya.

The 100 Mario Challenge is p1ssing me off at the minute. I've unlocked 4 characters in a row that are complete garbage. And some of the levels are infuriating. There's easily more bad than good. Once in a blue moon you'll come across an outstanding level. But it more just enduring it in the hope of getting a good character.

The 100 Mario Challenge is p1ssing me off at the minute. I've unlocked 4 characters in a row that are complete garbage. And some of the levels are infuriating. There's easily more bad than good. Once in a blue moon you'll come across an outstanding level. But it more just enduring it in the hope of getting a good character.
    did you do it on expert? I tried it once the other day and made it halfway before I ran out of life's. Although I must say I didn't find it an unpleasant experience, maybe it's because I've grow accustom to beating hard levels from playing yours;-)

did you do it on expert? I tried it once the other day and made it halfway before I ran out of life's. Although I must say I didn't find it an unpleasant experience, maybe it's because I've grow accustom to beating hard levels from playing yours;-)

A lot of he levels aren't hard but just stupidly hard. Like a thowmp falling on you straight away or other such crap.
    I hate the really short ones, not all short ones as some are well thought out and need a bit of think or effort.
    Just the really short and easy ones that you can nearly finish quicker than it toke to load.

A lot of he levels aren't hard but just stupidly hard. Like a thowmp falling on you straight away or other such crap.
    I hate the really short ones, not all short ones as some are well thought out and need a bit of think or effort.
    Just the really short and easy ones that you can nearly finish quicker than it toke to load.
    Yeah I know what you mean. It's a difficult one for them to control I'd say. If they did it so people played levels with the highest star count, most people's levels, including ours, would never get played. You would probably end up playing loads of Auto levels aswell.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's a difficult one for them to control I'd say. If they did it so people played levels with the highest star count, most people's levels, including ours, would never get played. You would probably end up playing loads of Auto levels aswell.

For sure, which would be a pity as there's lots of low starred levels which are excellent.
    Maybe attempts per player could be the way to filter. Actually more filters for our searches would be nice.
    I'd like to just search by country not region.
    Also, notifications of new levels uploaded by those you follow would be nice and also not having to log into miiverse to view comments.

They're not hard some of them, they're poorly designed. You've got levels that are filled with as many enemies as possible, enemies falling out of nowhere or blind jumps to skinny platforms down below as a few examples. I play on normal, I don't mind hard levels but when playing 100 Mario Challenge I don't like being held up.

• Advertisement

They're not hard some of them, they're poorly designed. You've got levels that are filled with as many enemies as possible, enemies falling out of nowhere or blind jumps to skinny platforms down below as a few examples. I play on normal, I don't mind hard levels but when playing 100 Mario Challenge I don't like being held up.
    Try playing it on expert, maybe it will filter out some of the crap ones for you although it's not going to stop you getting held up!

Anyway here's the code

66C3 0000 0091 6BE0

This is a tough level, I'll get there.....

This is a tough level, I'll get there.....

That's why there's plenty of power ups! I'm trying to make them tough but give plenty of power ups for lesser players.
    That level took me a while to design and I'm quite happy with it. If you think it looks familiar in parts, it's takes a lot of inspiration from Saw Man level from Mega Man.

I'd love dlc where the Amiibo costumes actually end up being more than skins. It be so cool having Mega Man's mechanics in a Mario level.
    Would also be great if we got mini Mega Man Maker, Sonic Maker etc tools and layouts.
    I'd buy that for a dollar! Actually I'd buy it for few dollars more.

That's why there's plenty of power ups! I'm trying to make them tough but give plenty of power ups for lesser players.
    That level took me a while to design and I'm quite happy with it. If you think it looks familiar in parts, it's takes a lot of inspiration from Saw Man level from Mega Man.

I'd love dlc where the Amiibo costumes actually end up being more than skins. It be so cool having Mega Man's mechanics in a Mario level.
    Would also be great if we got mini Mega Man Maker, Sonic Maker etc tools and layouts.
    I'd buy that for a dollar! Actually I'd buy it for few dollars more.
    I'd say it took a while alright! My fingers are sore from playing it! I'm enjoying it though!
    Yes that would be a great idea with proper characteristics of the characters. These does seem to be some slight differences unless I'm just imagining it. I noticed mega man can't make some jumps that Mario can make for instance.

I'd say it took a while alright! My fingers are sore from playing it! I'm enjoying it though!
    Yes that would be a great idea with proper characteristics of the characters. These does seem to be some slight differences unless I'm just imagining it. I noticed mega man can't make some jumps that Mario can make for instance.

I thought they felt slightly different but I think I just imagined it to be honest. Opened all my Amiibo tonight and scanned them all,Mao watch out for themed Amiibo crap.

I swear this was my first life :D

Mega Mario Man in Super Sawland.

https://youtu.be/vzpYMkgSAw4

• Advertisement

I swear this was my first life :D

Mega Mario Man in Super Sawland.

https://youtu.be/vzpYMkgSAw4

:mad:

Now try do it without losing the first Mega Man mushroom, also find the 1ups and get to top of flagpole.

:P

:mad:

Now try do it without losing the first Mega Man mushroom, also find the 1ups and get to top of flagpole.

:P
    Not a hope, I probably used 50 lives to get that far I'm not going back to it! I'm currently playing your saw level it's also pretty tough video if/when I finish it!

https://youtu.be/2AxrVERedAg

Super Mario Saw Maker.

Thats a tough one also!

all I will say is thank god Maker was Just Clouds!

Am I still the only one to figure out Sligeachs Puzzle level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I will give it a go someday, sorry I have been exceptionally (not even) busy with third year in school.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I will give it a go someday, sorry I have been exceptionally (not even) busy with third year in school.

Good for you, being young, yet mature enough to enjoy Nintendo games:-) good luck with the exams!

https://youtu.be/foH25V-eluQ

not sure who owns this one I recorded a lot of stuff and im just going through it now. if its your level and youd like credit for it let me know and ill amend the details.

Haven't got around to it yet, might do now. It doesn't involve too much thumb work does it? The auld hand is getting sore.

Super Mario Saw Maker.

Thats a tough one also!

Needs a lot of polishing that level, I think it's a nice idea but a bit too haphazard.

My younger brother did all my levels last week and apart from Springboard Course (where he struggled) and Rocky Horror Mario Show, he did blasted through them.
    Young lads today, all they do is play tha vidyo games.

Super Mario Saw Maker.

Thats a tough one also!

Just watched it there now. You didnt seem to trust what was below the 'R' in 'Maker'. There's a second leaf hidden in the level as well and I forgot all about the one you found!

Just watched it there now. You didnt seem to trust what was below the 'R' in 'Maker'. There's a second leaf hidden in the level as well and I forgot all about the one you found!

No I wasnt sure where the box was and I presumed there was a trap waiting for me after the hell I endured to get that far!

Haven't got around to it yet, might do now. It doesn't involve too much thumb work does it? The auld hand is getting sore.

Needs a lot of polishing that level, I think it's a nice idea but a bit too haphazard.

My younger brother did all my levels last week and apart from Springboard Course (where he struggled) and Rocky Horror Mario Show, he did blasted through them.
    Young lads today, all they do is play tha vidyo games.

Well if you've got him playing Nintendo Games your doing a good job, My son who's 11 and actually owns the wiiU I play hasn't touched it since Xmas day the year it was released.
    He actually played a few minutes of a Mario Maker level last week and wasnt doing Very well and said Im no good at Mario I only play Hard Games Normally, haha I just agreed with him!

Heres Gar's latest 3 levels played in one video.

https://youtu.be/rMmdjj2opmI

No it's just a puzzle. So far I'm the only one to figure it out!

Amiibo Festival Fun Tine!

Tried to theme a very areas for a few Amiibo mushrooms. Little Mac is up first and its steps ala Rocky. It's all downhill from there!

Amiibo Festival Fun Tine!

Tried to theme a very areas for a few Amiibo mushrooms. Little Mac is up first and its steps ala Rocky. It's all downhill from there!
    https://youtu.be/wCAGZ_qgngA

Good Level!

• Advertisement

All the level Creators have all but faded away around here, its a shame as I enjoy playing the levels of people I (kind of) know rather than random levels. Kind of like playing multiplayer games on line, its always more fun with Friends rather that randomers.

All the level Creators have all but faded away around here, its a shame as I enjoy playing the levels of people I (kind of) know rather than random levels. Kind of like playing multiplayer games on line, its always more fun with Friends rather that randomers.

I'll never leave you tony

I'll never leave you tony

You say that now but I bet your just like all the rest:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I'm not sure about anyone else since the game isnt out that long but I fade in and out of playing abd while I have ideas for a few more levels the lack of the Ice. Jungle and Beach themes kills it a little along with not being able to put lava anywhere. Have to get really creative but the levels don't turn out the same as I hoped. I still think they will keep everyone playing with DLC tho. It worked for MK8, Smash and Splatopn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Map Code: A9BC-0000-0017-1CE9
    Springboard Course
    Your NNID: donuttheDoNAL

Not sure if that's the NNID, as its my brothers WiiU. And yes I know, their called trampolines but I dunno.

Finally passed this one. Tough. I now hate springy things.

Map Code: 8DCD-0000-0017-A945
    Rocky Horror Mario Show
    Your NNID: donuttheDoNAL

Second attempt. How do we unlock additional stuff?

Thank the Lord that one was a lot easier.

100 Mario Challenge on "Normal" and came across this level.
    WVW69idwh8g46m_rou

To Hell with that!

I think this is my first level that isn't completely terrible. :eek:

Map code : 46E5-0000-0016-3FEF
    Crazy koopa castle run
    NID: marf1million

Easy but fun one.

10 Mario challenge thing is good fun

• Advertisement

I want to scream at some of the people that make the levels. Cack! Absolute cack is what most of the levels are. They're awful, riddled with poor design choices. Some are just troll levels. Go through a door, drop to your instant death. WTF? Would you be surprised to know they've no stars? I hate music notes, I hate swimming levels. Oh God, sorry about the rant but it's diarrhea what I play for the most part.

Advertisement