Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung EH5300 40 Inch Full HD Saorview Smart LED TV €479 @ Argos

Options
  • 02-10-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

I saw this on hukd.

Samsung EH5300 40 Inch Full HD Saorview Smart LED TV €479 @ Argos

This EH5300 Samsung TV offers excellent Full HD picture quality delivering you a crisp and clear experience. An ideal choice for internet TV for browsing the web plus with an array of Samsung apps, you can explore YouTube and keep in contact with friends and family using Facebook, Twitter and Skype. The 100Hz clear motion rate technology makes this the perfect TV for films and sports.
    Television picture quality:
    • Direct-lit TV Screen.
    • Smart TV.
    • Full HD 1080p display resolution.
    • Screen size: 40in (102cm).
    • Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.
    • Motion rate 100Hz.
    Connectivity:
    • 1 SCART socket, 2 USB ports and 3 HDMI sockets.
    • PC input socket.
    • Component video socket.
    • Composite.
    • Optical connection.
    • Headphone socket.
    • AV socket.
    • Requires Wi-Fi dongle (sold separately).
    • Ethernet connection.
    • DLNA compatibility.
    Sound quality:
    • Dolby Digital Pulse sound system.
    • 2 x 10 watts RMS power output.
    Digital features:
    • Saorview approved to work with the Irish digital signal.
    • Freeview HD digital tuner.
    • 8 day electronic programme guide (EPG).
    • CI+ slot.
    Additional features:
    • Sleep timer.
    • Child lock.
    • Size of TV H55.1, W92.76, D9.3cm.
    • Weight of TV 8.9kg (unpackaged).
    • Size of TV with stand: H60.65, W92.76, D24.78cm.
    • Weight of TV with stand: 10.9kg.
    • Suitable for wall mounting VESA 200 x 200mm bracket.
    Energy efficiency information:
    • Energy efficiency rating: A.
    • On mode power consumption 55 watts.
    • Off mode power consumption 0.3 watt.
    • Annual power consumption 80kWh.
    • Standby power consumption 0.3 watt.
    • This product contains lead.
    EAN/MPN/UPC/ISBN: 8806071821160

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Reserved 1 of these, on the hunt for a new tv, this seems to meet most of my criteria

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Unboxing:

(warning poxy music on you tube video)

Might take the plunge anyone any input?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone have an idea what speed the ethernet connection runs at on this? I find on my current one that 720p movies streaming over dlna have the odd skip in the sound. And have narrowed it down to the nic on the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

lack of built in wifi is a dealbreaker for me. You can get the superior specced 5500 Samsung 39inch from Currys for about 70e more
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-UE39F5500-Smart-39andquot-LED-TV/318054/6.9.0

stooge wrote: »
    lack of built in wifi is a dealbreaker for me. You can get the superior specced 5500 Samsung 39inch from Currys for about 70e more
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-UE39F5500-Smart-39andquot-LED-TV/318054/6.9.0

Will get more solid connection over Ethernet anyway, doesn't affect me for te price it's fantastic, same unit is 600 pounds on amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Agreed, but it'd be nice to have the option to stream wirelessly on occasion. Is the Samsung wi-fi dongle I'm prompted to add on for €50 (or €31 on Amazon) really necessary, or will any standard g/b/n adaptor do? (I have 3 or 4 of these lying around)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

One of these might be a good addition
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057050793

Thats if the router and tv aren't beside eachother and you dont already have a dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anybody know if it's possible to reduce the anti-motion blur effects on this TV? I'm not a fan of movies looking like an episode of Home and Away, but I like the anti-judder on sports and games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Will get more solid connection over Ethernet anyway, doesn't affect me for te price it's fantastic, same unit is 600 pounds on amazon

I don't have this TV but I have 2 other models of Samsung TVs both with WiFi and I find that when streaming from my NSA310 through WiFi 99% of file formats will play. For whatever reason when I hard wire some just will not.

Don't forget you can change the Samsung Apps to the UK so you can get all the UK on demand apps.You won't get RTE Player then of course. You will need to change the DNS eg overplay.net. Costs about €45/year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bromley52 wrote: »

Don't forget you can change the Samsung Apps to the UK so you can get all the UK on demand apps.You won't get RTE Player then of course. You will need to change the DNS eg overplay.net. Costs about €45/year.

Can you just change the dns on the tv or do you have to do it on the router ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

My Dad has this TV but does not use the it for on Demand stuff, but apart from that it is an excellent TV, as he gets all the HD channels including the the UK HD because we live in a good area for the UK signal. The picture is perfect and overall it is an easy enough TV for even an elderly person to use...TBH I wouldnt mind having it myself....;)

I picked it up this evening, by messing around with ever since, absolutely love the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

For anyone close to the border, you can get it for 20-25 less up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

I picked it up this evening, by messing around with ever since, absolutely love the tv
    I got one as well, and its a spot on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

Hey, probably going to take the plunge on this today.

Smart Tv capabilities wouldn't be a major factor as we have an xbox and can run most apps off of that.

Anyone know if this telly represents the best bang for buck for the 37Inch plus market?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Probably a bit quieter than your X360 though! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Now €499.99

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Seen a similar tv without the smart features in Tesco the weekend for 510.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd be interested in hearing feedback on playback of various formats from the USB connections, e.g. mkv files?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement