Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Clearwater has an aisle of cheap chocolate an biscuits.

They also have a load of Easter bunnies for those who want to get in early:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yep just got two 100g Mint Crisps in Tesco Wexford for 39c each.

They are marked at that price on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Mok wrote: »
    2 man dome tents (only tesco brand but grand for the kids to play with) was €15 now €1.25 :)

what store?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

2 man dome tents (only tesco brand but grand for the kids to play with) was €15 now €1.25 :)
    what store?

Had a few in Douglas the other day upstairs across from toys aisle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Daz Summer Flower Power liquid wash - yellow bottle ( 20 wash) reduced to 1.02! Price says 1.02 also on the shelf. Bargain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Prussia st
    fire angle smoke alarm 8.13
    Sky tv link 5.49

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Zhu Zhu pets marked 4.25 (good price)
    SOME of them are scanning at 2.49 (really good price)

It's just the hamsters (or hampsters as the scanner says) and only some of the colours are 2.49, the other colours are scanning at 4.25.

Midleton Store (there is a scanner on the next aisle, furthest end from the checkouts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

Oral b Sonic slim toothbrush half price at 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

Sorry the tents were in Douglas but gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Occupy Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Sorry the tents were in Douglas but gone now
    They were in all the larger stores but they have been that price from September so they might be hard to find.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

This offer ends Feb 6th and the uptake seems low for really 1st class (IMHO) stainless steel Teflon-coated non-stick cook-ware.

At the checkouts if you ask for coupons you'll get loads.

In the meantime if anyone wants 20 or so coupons I have to spare, pm me your name & address and I'll post them out to you.

I bought a couple of the items on offer and they are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beachpebble

Have you tried the frying pan, is it good?

I've used what they call the grill-pan (looked like a frying pan to me but smaller than what they call a frying pan) Did a few steaks on it, fried them quickly to caramelise each side then straight into the oven on the pan for a couple of minutes, out and rest for 2 /3 minutes - brilliant

Just remember they have metal handles and you need to use BIG oven-gloves, I nearly got caught out the 1st time and was close to having scorched hand for the dinner. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

mathepac wrote: »
    This offer ends Feb 6th and the uptake seems low for really 1st class (IMHO) stainless steel Teflon-coated non-stick cook-ware.

In the meantime if anyone wants 20 or so coupons I have to spare, pm me your name & address and I'll post them out to you.

Have not been able to get coupons at last 3 visits-they said they had run out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

proulx wrote: »

The same!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got some of the 230g fruit and nuts and the 100g tiffins today in Douglas. First place I'd seen them. Nothing much left in the christmas sweetie and choccy section. Did manage to get 2 packets of the finest crackers on Wednesday in Mahon point! Look great compared to what we usually end up with every year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

mathepac wrote: »

PM Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

20 pkt xmas napkins santy and robin 31c and mince pie napkins 35c. they are 75c on the shelf in tullow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Bobby1984 wrote: »
    where abouts in store is that. Wouldnt be in there a whole lot but I cant say that I have noticed it when I do go in there.

I was in there earlier. in isle 1 at the far end there is some reduced 'fridge items' there was some brown out of date meat and a bad looking sandwich. there was more clearance offers on isle 4 and 6 at the till end of the isle, mostly xmas stock. also down on the very last isle was some kids stuff reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Just to echo others re the quality of the cookware on offer with the coupons. Bought the wok last week and it's top notch.

I have 10 coupons spare that I don't need so for anybody who wants them, first to PM and I will post them first thing Monday.

PM Sent
    Coupons posted. Quick PM just to make sure they reach you. All gone finito! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gebbel wrote: »
    Just to echo others re the quality of the cookware on offer with the coupons. Bought the wok last week and it's top notch.

I have 10 coupons spare that I don't need so for anybody who wants them, first to PM and I will post them first thing Monday.

are these still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

are these still available?

I've had 3 PM's but haven't had confirmation with the 1st person how many they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

I have 4 coupons for the cookware items, don't need them, whoever wants them send me a pm, will also post monday

bni

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

:( Gutted to see that they now only refund double the difference if something mis scans (instead of refunding in full).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

:( Gutted to see that they now only refund double the difference if something mis scans (instead of refunding in full).

The day Cabra Tesco opened they had a few offers on. I bought a DVD player that was reduced by €24, brought it home but it wouldn't play any of my DVD's.
    Had a look at the receipt and they had not taken off the €24, brought it back within the hour, they had no players left, showed them that the price had not been reduced on the receipt and they gave me €48 back.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 langerballs

Bewleys Gold blend 80 + 50% free teabags for 79c. It's marked with a yellow label at 79c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

proulx wrote: »

Tomorrow is the last day for giving out the vouchers so they might lash them out if they have any left.
    I've around 30 spare, PM me if you want some.

All the vouchers are gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Specific to Longford store....

They have an offer of 2 hours free parking if you spend €15 or more you get €2 off your shopping.... I always just spend €1 on parking and when they scan the ticket they take €2 off your shopping, so they pay you €1 to park there....

Also the ticket can be scanned anyday of the week, I parked in the car park on friday and used that ticket to day (it's free parking of a Sunday).....

Small but could save ya €50 over the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Two boxes of 230g Golden Crisp left in Phibsborough marked €2.31 scanning €.66c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Some of these posted already but:
    12x275 Becks Vier 5euro.
    Quorn Cottage Pie 1.39.
    Mince Lattice 45cent.
    Chocolate decorations 100g 34cent.
    Lots of above in Galway.
    Also plenty of Golden Crisp and Tiffin.
    And 3 Xmas balls thingys 13cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Lots of above in Galway.

Where is the Tesco in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Where is the Tesco in Galway?

Headford Road

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Does anyone have any Tesco coupons for the saucepan offers. Anytime I go in I either forget to ask for them as they don't seem to just give them to you or when I do remember they don't have any! Would really love to be able to get a few saucepans and the frying pan. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have 20, PM me an address and I'll post them today.

EDIT: Gone, 20 posted to ccazza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have 20, PM me an address and I'll post them today.

any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Thanks wmpdd3. If anyone has anymore I'd be really grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Two boxes of 230g Golden Crisp left in Phibsborough marked €2.31 scanning €.66c

Scanned the 230g bar in Tesco Wilton this morning, came up as €2.61!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ncur wrote: »
    Scanned the 230g bar in Tesco Wilton this morning, came up as €2.61!

And what price was marked on the shelf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Golden crisp still scanning for me at 66c in galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

In Balbriggan today, 5 packs of mars, snickers etc all €1.50:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

*Deleted*

Posted in General bargain alerts as its not a tescos offer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

vicwatson wrote: »
    And what price was marked on the shelf?

€2.61. It appears to be scanning at 66c in other stores so I thought I would let other bargain hunters know that it was scanning at the shelf price in Tesco Wilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmmn the price scanners in Balbriggan have been out of action in the grocery section for weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

7.5kg bag of spuds 29c in tesco Kilbarrack
    Own brand "Irish Market value potatoes"

Good lot there

90% off afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

This is a strange one. I was standing by what my friends call Salmonella Corner, where all the groceries with today's best before date are "reduced for quick sale" when a member of Tesco staff came by with a a few dozen Salmon fillet packs. They were reduced to 1.05 each. I like Salmon and I've got a freezer, so I picked up three of them.

They had stickers on them saying three for seven euro/two for nine euro, but of course I assumed this wouldn't apply.

On my receipt it says :

Salmon Fillets Reduced Price 1.05
    MULTIBUY SAVINGS
    2 for 7/3 for 9 - 3.57

I bought some other stuff, so neither I nor the checkout assistant noticed it at the time, but it seems that not only are Tesco giving these Salmon packs away, they were actually paying us to take them off their hands.

Has anyone else noticed this has stopped happening now.....none of the multibuys are working on reduced stuff :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

I would be reasonably confident Tesco monitor this thread, as well as all the retailers monitoring the couponing thread.

There's a case to be made for a private access forum tbh to at least assuage some of the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

nudger wrote: »

The day Cabra Tesco opened they had a few offers on. I bought a DVD player that was reduced by €24, brought it home but it wouldn't play any of my DVD's.
    Had a look at the receipt and they had not taken off the €24, brought it back within the hour, they had no players left, showed them that the price had not been reduced on the receipt and they gave me €48 back.:)

That's just refunding what you paid for something that didn't work. Completely separate scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

cson wrote: »
    I would be reasonably confident Tesco monitor this thread, as well as all the retailers monitoring the couponing thread.

There's a case to be made for a private access forum tbh to at least assuage some of the risk.

And who decides who qualifies for bargains and who doesn't? Terrible idea and completely against the spirit of the board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement