Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

arsenal.fc wrote: »
    I was on the last garda panel that was scrapped, if i don't get in before sep im too old,.:-[
    I think you're ok for the 3 years of this campaign. You had to be 35 on a certain date or younger to qualify for this campaign. So, I think that means you're ok to accept a place after you're 35 cos you qualified as being under 35 at the start of the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedirtydevil

WilcoOut wrote: »
    My job will be getting 60minutes notice if theyre lucky

Ha I know. But doesn't say much if someone is expected to break a legal contract to join the AGS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arsenal.fc

Cheers, the last campaign was a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Cheers, the last campaign was a shambles

The country was kind of crumbling under everyone's feet at the time. I doubt anyone wanted it to go down the way it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

I was on the last garda panel that was scrapped, if i don't get in before sep im too old,.:-[

They answered that above too. Once your in the competition before the age cut off point your not too old. So lets say you pass everything but they dont take you in until next year then you'll be fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Ha I know. But doesn't say much if someone is expected to break a legal contract to join the AGS!

What contract? ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

Considering the amount of applicants to be at stage four now is some achievement fair play to you all.
    Is there any idea how many at stage four are reserves, it's now you'd imagine their experience will be an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I was wondering how long it would take for this to rear its head!!

Lets not go down this route - it never ends well

Everyone has relevent experiences and everyone should play their strongest hand

The reserve will feature prominently in my interview and I would hope it will be viewed in a favourable manner

Can we leave it at that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

I agree Scouser, it has been done to death and I don't think many want to see the same arguments happening again, so we'll leave it there :)

As a side note, I want everyone to remember to use the report post function if they feel any post breaches the charter. Think of it as practice report writing for when ye all get to Templemore! :D

Thanks

-KERSPLAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

Does anyone know if the superintendent on the interview board is a retired or serving member ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Fegten wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the superintendent on the interview board is a retired or serving member ?

Must be retired as the guidance notes state that AGS won't become involved until stage 5.

By the way, I don't think he was looking to get into a conversation about it it looks like he was just looking for a head count. Anyone else but Scouser a reserve here?

By the way, I don't think he was looking to get into a conversation about it it looks like he was just looking for a head count. Anyone else but Scouser a reserve here?

Thats how it always starts, harmless, then wham! : everyone is bickering

I am a GR also. I know of 2 other grs in the mix ranked in the top 100. I was top 20

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

redout wrote: »
    Must be retired as the guidance notes state that AGS won't become involved until stage 5.

Are you sure? If I remember correctly it was a serving superintendent at stage 3 during the last recruitment drive. It was a panel of 3 a serving superintendent a pas official and psychologist of some sort I think. And all three score you and agree score total. So it's technically still not just AGS deciding. Plus I m not sure AGS would really want retired members choosing future recruits, ever changing environments, cultures and the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

redout wrote: »

Don't worry. The lads will still have his number

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Are you sure? If I remember correctly it was a serving superintendent at stage 3 during the last recruitment drive. It was a panel of 3 a serving superintendent a pas official and psychologist of some sort I think. And all three score you and agree score total. So it's technically still not just AGS deciding. Plus I m not sure AGS would really want retired members choosing future recruits, ever changing environments, cultures and the rest.
    Stages 1 to 4 of the selection process will be conducted by the Public Appointments Service. Candidates who qualify at Stage 4 and whose place on the order of merit is reached will go forward to Stage 5 for consideration by the Garda Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bort_license

Congrats on everyone getting this far, huge achievement for those who've waited this long to finally have a chance at their dream job!

However, I'd like to remind people that the interview will be in fact the biggest hurdle to jump. For the first time in the campaign we are no longer behind a computer screen answering questions unrelated to the course of work in order to reduce numbers at a sharp rate. The interview will suss out who would make a good police enforcer and who may come across shakey in areas and not so good. There are plenty more in line behind us (in form of bands) ready to jump in to take our place if we don't make the requirements.

anyways, the best of luck to everyone and by the looks of things there are plenty of good Gardai on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

well done and best of luck to you all

its a job like no other

Congrats on everyone getting this far, huge achievement for those who've waited this long to finally have a chance at their dream job!

However, I'd like to remind people that the interview will be in fact the biggest hurdle to jump. For the first time in the campaign we are no longer behind a computer screen answering questions unrelated to the course of work in order to reduce numbers at a sharp rate. The interview will suss out who would make a good police enforcer and who may come across shakey in areas and not so good. There are plenty more in line behind us (in form of bands) ready to jump in to take our place if we don't make the requirements.

anyways, the best of luck to everyone and by the looks of things there are plenty of good Gardai on here!

Time wise though I'd say there is a fairly good chance they will have to take the 100 from the 300 odd of us. I like those odds!

Time wise though I'd say there is a fairly good chance they will have to take the 100 from the 300 odd of us. I like those odds!

Yup - the creme de la creme!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 bort_license

Of course, i agree. I'd imagine that's the way it'd go, however if they wanted to (waste more time too) they could call upon more people if practically all of us display no attributes for a Garda member. I feel that would be highly unlikely tho!

highly unlikely tho!

Highly unlikely!

Those through to stage 4 are in poll position - so start believing it and drive on t'feck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Congrats to everyone who got through. Any word on ye meeting your local super or is that process scrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Has anyone received their date for the interview? Or are we waiting for the irish stream to receive their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Nope! Hopefully we get it before the weekend. Surely we will

kev-bt wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who got through. Any word on ye meeting your local super or is that process scrapped?

I thought it was the local Sgt?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

I thought it was the local Sgt?

Nope it is local Super (for a mini interview). Met local sgt as well but that was just to sign forms for the background check I think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

The meeting with the local should be scrapped anyway. 1 interview should be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

That's the first I have heard about meeting a local Sergeant or Super. On another note, hopefully we will receive the application form fairly lively so we can start working on it.

• Advertisement

Your right theres a good bit of work to go into it

Advertisement