Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Well, I got mine in a soft case and there were no probs. And not to worry you but my one was not "over-packed" by any means. Having said that why not email them and ask what they will do if it arrives damaged. AFAICR the shipping cost already includes insurance. As you say there is no point paying shipping and tax on a case if you already have one.

My one
    103745361_a4e7b4196c.jpg

103746422_c94a4521f2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just wondering guys, do ishibashi sell hard cases aswell with their guitars?

thinking of getting one of these but would like one of the rectanglular hard cases to go with it, i can't see any mention of them on their site.

sorry for the off topicness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Email them and ask them, I know that when emmet02 got his tele thinline from ishibashi, he got a nice fender hardcase with it. His tele is an absolute stunner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

be prepaired to sell a kidney to get a case off them...

OK heres the deal, I emailed them on the 29th ordering the guitar, sent off my details in the online form and emailed them my address etc. They replied three times asking me to email my address etc which i did repeatedly another three times. I've heard no response since, the guitar is still in le UBox and I've sent another 3 emails asking them wtf is going on. Did anyone else have have a breakdown in communication like this? Would they have shipped it or do they send you an order confirmation/tracking number? Gettin majorly pissed off here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

from whay i've heard from guys on the FDP ishibashi run a very tight ship,order on monday arrives friday to happy customer kind of thing
    they only ship tracked as far as i know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Never had any problems. Did you have 'International Order' as a subject title? And email it to the address I gave you?

Other than that, cant think of what could be the problem. Forward me your communications with them (blank out your address phone no etc) and ill see if i can make heads or tails of the confusion. Ive bought off them a good few times now, and had literally 20 or 30 emails back and forth about other guitars i never bought, always seem to be super efficient, good english etc.

I seem to remember that that online form was not intuitive. AFAICR I took a bit of a flyer and managed to press the right button. In addition to what Voodoo_child said I suggest email them and ask them did they receive your details from their secure server or whatever its called.
    Other than that they are super efficient in every communication I've had with them.

I used the "international question" subject every time, looks like i may give old koichi a ring

They recieved the secure details but apparently not my emails...

• Advertisement

They recieved the secure details but apparently not my emails...
    Maybe "freakonaleashx" is a cuss word in Japanese? :o

Yargh.. Im fed up and my strat GAS spreading...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

OK heres the deal, I emailed them on the 29th ordering the guitar, sent off my details in the online form and emailed them my address etc. They replied three times asking me to email my address etc which i did repeatedly another three times. I've heard no response since, the guitar is still in le UBox and I've sent another 3 emails asking them wtf is going on. Did anyone else have have a breakdown in communication like this? Would they have shipped it or do they send you an order confirmation/tracking number? Gettin majorly pissed off here.

Ok, it sounds like your emails might be inadvertently blocked by a spam filter. This happened to me once before when I was dealing with chrisguitars.com but thankfully it was all sorted very easily, so I imagine if you give them a ring, it'd work out fine.

Have you tried emailing them from a different email address?

I rang them a few days ago, broken English, couldnt understand my problem, I hung up and emailed them to cancel the order. I hope thats the end of it and i dont get a strat in the post out of the blue accompanied by a nasty CC bill as i've went elsewhere and decided to go for a nice jap custom tele, more about that later when it arrives.

Oh yeah and its not my gmail spam filter or email address either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh yeah and its not my gmail spam filter or email address either

Yes, but it could be their spam filter.

I dunno, they got a couple of my emails, so unless they reported my address as spammage then the rest of them should have gotten through

Advertisement