Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Meth and Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

If it's anything at all like ritalin/concerta, I've tons of it in my medicine press :)
    Although, I remember looking up the chemical compounds before, and it is much more similar to coke than it is to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

If it's anything at all like ritalin/concerta, I've tons of it in my medicine press :)
    Although, I remember looking up the chemical compounds before, and it is much more similar to coke than it is to speed.

if you take ritalin with alcohol it turns into ethylphenidate which gives a high which is kind of a mix between coke and ecstasy, quite intense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hey man....what's your address? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

And I thought mixing panadol with alcohol was hardcore. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I personally can't wait untill crystal meth hits Ireland. I can't wait to try it. I tried my first joint last week because my friends said it was so good but already the high doesn't work anymore...I need something stronger!!! Roll on crystal meth!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

falan wrote: »
    I personally can't wait untill crystal meth hits Ireland. I can't wait to try it. I tried my first joint last week because my friends said it was so good but already the high doesn't work anymore...I need something stronger!!! Roll on crystal meth!!

I think you should just go straight to krokodil falan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

woodoo wrote: »
    I think you should just go straight to krokodil falan :D
    Give it a few days on meth and when that high doesn't work anymore i'll hit the krokodil...

#gatewaydrug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Spunge wrote: »
    Speed, which is just meth, has been in ireland for years. Just not hugely popular, and i never knew anyone who got addicted to it, just did it a few times.
    Methamphetamine itself is not a dangerous drug, it has no more ill effects than adderall or other amphetamines. THe problem with smokign crystal meth is that its a huge dosage, so you get a long lasting intense high.

I bet most people think crystal meth is some magically different drug to the speed they've taken before but in reality the subjective effects are the same, talking ****, lots of energy etc. just that its in crystal form.

Meth is even used for ADHD in the form of Desoxyn, albeit at a low dose, and is meant to be quite effective with no real abuse potential

AFAIK it's the impurities that cause all the problems. The concentration of pseudoephedrine in sudafed is pretty low so you need to use lot to make a batch of meth. Then you end up crystallising a salt of the product and all these impurities, whichget vaporized and inhaled together when you 'smoke' it.

Nasty stuff.

Also, PLENTY of abuse potential.

AFAIK it's the impurities that cause all the problems. The concentration of pseudoephedrine in sudafed is pretty low so you need to use lot to make a batch of meth. Then you end up crystallising a salt of the product and all these impurities, whichget vaporized and inhaled together when you 'smoke' it.

Nasty stuff.

Also, PLENTY of abuse potential.

It is intensely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

yes i think one day scopolamine and crystal meth will turn ireland into a hell on earth. it is just aorund the corner id say...
    it has to happen...
    that is coming also. they are all coming, like scopolamine too. ireland will be a drugs hell soon
    i doubt hes the only hollywood actor on meth, theres probably a few of them...
    Ireland to become a meth hell in the next 2/3 years in my opinion. its going that way as soon as the meth hits our shores. it will be pretty much a police state soon cos of meth crimes

Hmmmm, do you know something we don't IH?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Augmerson wrote: »
    Morphine, which is a form of Heroin at the end of the day, has a medical use. So does Meth. As you said yourself, Desoxyn is a prescription drug, which has low doses (5 mg) of methamphetamine hydrochloride. It's used to treat depression and ADD but it is not regularly prescribed I hear due to it's adverse effects. It's used for people who seem "resistant" to other prescribed forms of combating depression and ADD.

It's still pretty bad for you.

Yeah, it comes with VERY heavy warnings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

It is intensely addictive.

That fact has been stated several times already in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

[QUOTE=ScumLord;81331437
    I've never once been offer heroin by a dealer or even known a dealer that sells it.[/QUOTE]

you obviously dont live in dublin. brown is sold on practically every estate and on many streets in the city centre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

meth is very easy to make and produce and can be made with many cold and cough tablets containing Pseudoephedrine along with other ingredients commonly found in hardware stores and other places. It wont be long till drug dealers figures this out and start cooking there own meth. It will start off at a very high price because wont be heavily available as other drugs. Hmm if Walter White can do it so can I. Anyone selling a camper van?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

It's already started it certain parts of Dublin. Not much but it's here. If it catches it will certain places will become zombie towns.

that is just not true , most meth found in Ireland has been in the west , two small labs were found in Kerry recently , eastern Europeans cooking and selling

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0917/pharmacists-on-alert-over-sale-of-cold-medicines.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/three-seizures-in-kerry-over-past-year-3233166.html

so are kerry people all junkie scum now like everyone thinks dubs are ?

dublin is not the only place that has drugs - but this being AH, you would think it was Sodom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

nadey wrote: »
    you obviously dont live in dublin. brown is sold on practically every estate and on many streets in the city centre

no its not you utter fool - have you ever been to dublin ?you really need to get out more and cop the f2ck on

idiotic post - stick to graffiti in toilets with a ****ty finger - that is the level your last post is at :eek:

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

nadey wrote: »

:) I love when you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

dj jarvis wrote: »

no its not you utter fool - have you ever been to dublin ?you really need to get out more and cop the f2ck on

idiotic post - stick to graffiti in toilets with a ****ty finger - that is the level your last post is at :eek:

You're obviously the fool who needs to get out more. In every estate I've lived on in coolock ballymun tallaght ballyer and blanch there's been heroin dealers and there is a few streets like talbot ,marlbro ,Tara street etc and around all the inner city flat complexes, heroin dealing is rampant. So get yer facts straight ye dope ye and stay inside your bubble in foxrock or wherever the hell idiots like you reside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Crystal meth has nothing on Nurofen Plus with Guinness, that stuff makes you do all sorts, especially on Aer Lingus flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Stephen Ireland is taking crystal meth? :eek:

Explains a lot actually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Yakult wrote: »

I cannot compute what is going on in that photo, did someone try and open a bottle with there arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Jesus, its not that bad. Smoked it on a few ocassions and didnt see what the big deal was.
    You do realize that the people they put in those documentaries and before/after pictures are extreme cases who've been gak'd out of it non-stop for months on end.
    Psychosis will occur from any stimulant due to sleep deprivation if you hammer it non-stop.

Methamphetamine is prescribed in the US for obesity, ADHD and off-label for narcolepsy, brand name Desoxyn.
    Meth is not even a schedule 1 drug in the US, but schedule 2. It is definitely not the most dangerous drug in the world.
    Its no worse or better than any other strong stimulant, you could get just as spun out by abusing Ritalin or Adderall every day for months on end.

The amount of hysteria towards meth is comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

anhedonia wrote: »
    Jesus, its not that bad. Smoked it on a few ocassions and didnt see what the big deal was.
    You do realize that the people they put in those documentaries and before/after pictures are extreme cases who've been gak'd out of it non-stop for months on end.
    Psychosis will occur from any stimulant due to sleep deprivation if you hammer it non-stop.

Methamphetamine is prescribed in the US for obesity, ADHD and off-label for narcolepsy, brand name Desoxyn.
    Meth is not even a schedule 1 drug in the US, but schedule 2. It is definitely not the most dangerous drug in the world.
    Its no worse or better than any other strong stimulant, you could get just as spun out by abusing Ritalin or Adderall every day for months on end.

See the thing is, I dont believe its unfounded. Anyone that I know that has done it in the States or in Asia has ended up with a problem with it. Ranging from nasty to damn near life destroying, i've heard some absolute horror stories from people who are in general very normal, sensible, middle class people. In all the cases the only option was to leave and come home to Ireland. Its very easy for you to say it's exaggerated, but its not available to you, so you can have gone on holiday, done it, and then come home and not have the option to do it again. It makes forming a habit difficult.

The US Controlled Substances Act is more of a political machination than a realistic estimate of which drugs are most dangerous. Look at Schedule 1 - Weed is in there. Schedule 2 has Morphine, Coke and PCP. Now PCP, if ever there was a drug that belonged in Schedule 1, that was it.

Try Meth for a week and come back to us with your findings Anhedonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Try Meth for a week and come back to us with your findings Anhedonia.

Some people arent stupid enough to do it for a week straight

Indeed, when the translucent shadow-people come out to play, its time to go to bed.

Why man? It's all hysteria surrounding Meth. It's good and it's good for you!

Why man? It's all hysteria surrounding Meth. It's good and it's good for you!

Just to be clear, I was by no means advocating meth use, obviously it can **** you up if abused, I was just making the point that its no worse or better than other stimulants, yet the amount of hysteria towards meth is disproportionate and amounts to typical media scaremongering.

Personally I didnt even find it that moreish, it was nice, but decent mdma blows it out of the water. I accept that doing it while travelling doesnt have the same addiction potential given the circumstances. But the people who lose the plot on meth most likely have underlying issues and would use other drugs daily to escape in the absence of meth. Its the mindset more than the substance.

• Advertisement

Just to be clear, I was by no means advocating meth use, obviously it can **** you up if abused, I was just making the point that its no worse or better than other stimulants, yet the amount of hysteria towards meth is disproportionate and amounts to typical media scaremongering.

What?! The Media would never indulge in scaremongering! Take that back Mister!
    Personally I didnt even find it that moreish, it was nice, but decent mdma blows it out of the water. I accept that doing it while travelling doesnt have the same addiction potential given the circumstances. But the people who lose the plot on meth most likely have underlying issues and would use other drugs daily to escape in the absence of meth. Its the mindset more than the substance.

Your description of Meth use is something others have reported too. I read this article on Wired.com where a guy said that taking Meth just made him really focused but I have also read others where people have said the high they got was incredible, more intense and euphoric than anything....but that was probably in a higher dose. It would certainly beat MDMA hands down. I haven't tried Meth but from what I've read about it so far, it's really well up there for a kick, we're talking Champions League kicks.

They did use to give Methamphetamines to soldiers and airmen during WWII. Apparently Hitler took them, which might have eventually led to him having Parkinson's (or Parkinson's like symptoms). It does increase concentration and help fights fatigue but it is very addictive.

Advertisement