Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

FreshFish wrote: »
    Hi paddy147 i would like to get that numbers too, please...

i would also like to get some advise from you guys if you know any company that will do customized side panel for the front door. I know that grady joinery will do their own designs but they dont have palladio door.

is it maybe possible to get frame designed in from one and door from the other??

A glazier friend of mine specializes in making bespoke hand laid stained glass panes and making bespoke windows for new builds and existing houses.

He custom made some lovely tripple glased side/front windows for my house.

I got to watch him hand cutting and laying/soldering the glass panes together and then making the frames up too.

Serious bit of skill do do it.Very steady hand needed aswell.:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FreshFish

paddy147 wrote: »
    A glazier friend of mine specializes in making bespoke hand laid stained glass panes and making bespoke windows for new builds and existing houses.

He custom made some lovely tripple glased side/front windows for my house.

I got to watch him hand cutting and laying/soldering the glass panes together and then making the frames up too.

Serious bit of skill do do it.Very steady hand needed aswell.:eek::D
    I will appreciate contact to your friend and to people that have installed your front door.

Is your fiend based around Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ALS

Would you mind PM'ing on those contact details?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spudulike

paddy147 wrote: »
    Found the black book.

PM Sent.:)

Hi Paddy147, would you mind PM'ing me the numbers also?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rick.james

hi has anyone any experience of using allirelanddoors ?http://www.allirelanddoors.ie/

or munster joinery recently ?looking into options for a newbuild . heard a lot of bad stories about munster joinery in the past but more positive ones recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Berniguille

Hi, I am also trying to get a new front door and have had problems with different companies telling me different things wit regard to cost, etc. I have decided to get a composite door, but my problem is this, some companies are telling me Palladio are the best, with others telling me Apeer. Can anyone tell me which is best, or if there is a difference?
    Also, I am trying to decide between two companies; composite door systems, or mcmahon and nagle windows and doors.
    Any opinions on these guys? Has anyone dealt with either?
    Feedback would be great!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Hi, I am also trying to get a new front door and have had problems with different companies telling me different things wit regard to cost, etc. I have decided to get a composite door, but my problem is this, some companies are telling me Palladio are the best, with others telling me Apeer. Can anyone tell me which is best, or if there is a difference?
    Also, I am trying to decide between two companies; composite door systems, or mcmahon and nagle windows and doors.
    Any opinions on these guys? Has anyone dealt with either?
    Feedback would be great!! :)

Apeer is made in the North. That should be reason enough to buy palladio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Berniguille

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    Apeer is made in the North. That should be reason enough to buy palladio.

What do you mean??

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sorry to dig up this old thread , but Paddy,
    Would you mind PM'ing on those contact details ?
    I'm in the market for a front door and am getting some crazy quotes :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sharkman wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a front door and am getting some crazy quotes :confused::confused:
    Paddy aint around any more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I recently bought a new composite door, it cost me two thousand installed and I was a bit reluctant to part with that type of cash for a door. Two months on and I think it's the best money I've spent, the weight of the door the appearance and locking system are all great I'm delighted with it

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

muffler wrote: »
    Paddy aint around any more :)

Just noticed that Muffler !!:o
    Anyone else want to share the info ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Just noticed that Muffler !!:o
    Anyone else want to share the info ??

I'd love some info too. Would go with allirelanddoors but they don't have a proper showroom and there's just too much info and stuff on their website to make sense of, you don't really know what you're getting.

Then other places are quoting me 2000 for a single door :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Looking for info too. I'm looking for a door and 2 side lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Redtin

Villaines wrote: »
    Apeer is made by nwd. There is another big crowd down south though. Profile developments they're called. Palladio.

I bought an apeer. It warps in sun, internal gasket poor, no spags on lock just hooks. I think the frame was poorly fitted, didn't seal perfectly, but I think lack of spags added to this.

Check locks and seals.

Hi, I know it's a few years old, but I've just seen your post now. I'm looking to replace my very draughty old back door. I live in a very exposed area so need a heavy, well-sealed door. I've more or less decided on a composite door. I've been researching, and I was under the impression that Apeer seemed to be the best on the market. However, your post has given me cause for concern. Yours was the first bad review of Apeer I've seen. Do you know if they've improved since you bought yours? Were your problems partly due to bad fitting? What company did you use to buy/fit them?
    Any advice would be very welcome. It's a big outlay for a back door, so I'm trying to avoid any future problems!
    Thanks.

Advertisement