Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Independent Wrestling *Possible Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    How was the ROH show? Any outstanding matches?

Haven't watched it but I heard the Young Bucks match was good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The show was a backdrop to all the ROH drama the last 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Such as... I heard about Elgin, what's the deal with ACH's no show?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I've heard that ACH missed his flight to Toronto.

ACH and Elgin can feck off. The real cause:

10598333_622203237896613_1808265491_n.jpg

• Advertisement

What happened to her? Border issues?

Today begins a busy year end period:
    6th Tomorrow Never Dies Chikara
    7th Final Battle 2014 ROH
    7th World Tag League Finals NJPW
    11th NXT R Evolution WWE
    13th Cage of Death XVI CZW
    14th TLC WWE

UFC 181 is tonight too.

Anyone watching the CHIKARA or ROH shows this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't watch ROH TV but they have this strange habit of managing to keep their PPV's a complete secret from me.

The preview show is well done but Adam Cole nails it at the 47 minute mark with monster go home promo

If you don't have time for that here's the 10 minute version:

ROH Title: Jay Briscoe (c) vs Adam Cole
    ROH Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) (c) vs Alex Shelley & Kushida
    ROH TV Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Matt Sydal
    Michael Elgin vs Tommaso Ciampa
    RD Evans vs Stokley Hathaway
    Roderick Strong vs Adam Page
    The Young Bucks & ACH vs Christopher Daniels, Kazarian and Cedric Alexander
    Four Corner Survival: Mark Briscoe vs Caprice Coleman vs Jimmy Jacobs vs Hanson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Announced at the iPPV that Chikara are coming to the UK in April. 2 dates in Wolverhampton and 1 each in Cardiff and London. Hopefully be able to convince the future wife-to-be to skim a little off our savings to head across

• Advertisement

The biggest expose on CHIKARA identities will be if UK Customs catch them entering the region without work visas.

Really enjoyed the iPPV last night. The tag title match was absolutely fantastic.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Christopher Daniels in ROH this january.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/christopher-daniels-vs-alberto-el-patron-sat-jan-3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd be interested in seeing Alberto Del Rio without the confines of WWE booking. How do I watch?

If you sign up to their website you can watch it there. They upload new episodes every Thursday. http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Nice one. I'll get onto that there now. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time after all the WWE programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

What's the deal with ROH now preventing their contracted stars from appearing in other promotions? Is it a done deal and if so who will if affect?
    I'll spoiler this bit just to be safe. I haven't read the Black Cole Sun results but saw that Cole and maybe O'Reilly gave farewell speeches so I'm guessing it is a done deal. I'm assuming Roddy will be tied to ROH too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Andy_rse wrote: »
    What's the deal with ROH now preventing their contracted stars from appearing in other promotions? Is it a done deal and if so who will if affect?
    I'll spoiler this bit just to be safe. I haven't read the Black Cole Sun results but saw that Cole and maybe O'Reilly gave farewell speeches so I'm guessing it is a done deal. I'm assuming Roddy will be tied to ROH too?
    I think Roddy is freelance he also works for Gabe and him and ROH still aren't on great terms.

I HONESTLY broke this story online. ROH pretty much always had the contract clause just they never really exercised it. Most of the roster are under contracts that offer x amount of ROH dates and say don't work for Gabe Sabsosky. However upper lever talent including the likes of Adam Cole, The Briscoes, Michael Elgin and Jay Lethal have more lucative but restrictive deals. ROH would let them wrestle on 4 outside dates a month dependent on ROH's approval.

ROH management developed an odd jealous dislike for PWG as essentially ROH talent would talk about PWG with glint in their eye. Talent works for PWG at a greatly reduced rate compared to what they make at ROH which annoyed ROH management even more.

Then ROH Champion and known ****wit Michael Elgin doing the job to someone as lowly as Trevor Lee also soured ROH management on PWG as well.

Good info there, thanks. So in a nutshell they're just throwing a wee jealous hissy fit.

You talking about Elgin and Lee at BOLA? Literally just watched that this morning :)

Good info there, thanks. So in a nutshell they're just throwing a wee jealous hissy fit.

Pretty much. It is kind of crappy. The Sinclair Broadcasting Group owned ROH isn't promising anymore dates in 2015 to make up for it or any real investment into the product.
    You talking about Elgin and Lee at BOLA? Literally just watched that this morning :)

It is! Lee has a very bright future. Kevin Steen pointed to him as his successor on the indies. Also he impressed WWE scout William Regal. Just he is a very little profile/status.

My favourite thing about Lee is that if you praise him on social media several members of his family favourite or comment on your Tweet/post. Gas stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How long after a PWG show does the DVD come out? Looking forward to checking out Black Cole Sun

cian68 wrote: »
    How long after a PWG show does the DVD come out? Looking forward to checking out Black Cole Sun

4-5 weeks for the DVD.

What's going to be the best way to watch Wrestle Kingdom next week. Preferably the one with JR commentating. I downloaded the Flipps app and hooked it up to the tv and not impressed with the quality and the buffering so I don't hold out high hopes for a 4 hour ppv stream.

Will their own network offer the English commentary and what's the pricing like?

Will it be a case of being patient and catching it on daily motion or a download somewhere?

Cheers!

Will their own network offer the English commentary and what's the pricing like?

Will it be a case of being patient and catching it on daily motion or a download somewhere?

Cheers!
    NJ World will only be in Japanese if you want to see the English version I'd wait for it to turn up in the usual places.

Is there no way of ordering it to your television with Matt Striker & Jim Ross on the commentary?

Is there no way of ordering it to your television with Matt Striker & Jim Ross on the commentary?

The only thing I've seen is Jarrett saying on twitter it's available outside America on the Flipps app. But as I said, not impressed. Was gonna pay for it but not if it's only going to annoy me at 7am.

Nope only through the flipps app no other legal way to get the English version outside North America.

Well I guess Jeff Jarrett doesn't have the global reach that the name Global Force Wrestling suggests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

NJPW put out a press release stating their goal is for 100,000 subs to their New Japan World streaming service worldwide so they're gonna need to work out some English commentary if they want to get anywhere near that.

(I guess these post should be in the Japan thread.)

• Advertisement

So, merely speculating here, do you think if they want to make their network translate well outside of Japan, they could perhaps work out some sort of deal with a permanent commentary team that is provided by Global Force Wrestling? It would be a good start for Jarrett.

10 year Generation Next nostalgia makes me feel really old:

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/562295390972567553

generationNext.jpg

Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong.

CHIKARA is going to run an 18 rounds/90 matches CHALLENGE OF THE IMMORTALS tournament. Even at my peak level of interest in the promotion I could never handle that investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,296 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watch it occasionally so what I pick up, it'll be Ant vs Ant for a lot of the brackets

Just got done watching Black Cole Sun. What a show, every match was good.
    Did O'Reilly submit at the end though or did the ref stop it? It looked to me that he was out from the chair spot and Hero called it on commentary that he gave up. He definitely didn't tap as you can see both hands sort of under his body, so unless he verbally submitted Hero got the call wrong which is what I'm thinking. Did they ever clear it up?

ROH are running their 13th anniversary PPV tomorrow night http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2015/mar/1/030115-13th-anniversary-las-vegas-nevada and it looks like a hell of a show on paper except the main which could be either a bit of a cluster or really good.
    ROH World Title Four Corner Survival Match
    Jay Briscoe (c) vs. Hanson vs. Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
    reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

ROH World Television Title Match
    Jay Lethal (w/Truth Martini) (c) vs. Alberto El Patron

Three Way Tag Team Match
    BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett) (w/Maria Kanellis)

Grudge Match
    BJ Whitmer (w/Adam Page & Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
    ACH vs. AJ Styles

Singles Match
    Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Sydal

Singles Match
    Maria Kanellis (w/Michael Bennett) vs. ODB (w/Mark Briscoe)

Singles Match
    Mark Briscoe vs. Moose (w/Stokely Hathaway & Veda Scott)

They've been on a roll the last few weeks the six man from the 14th February tv with The Bucks/AJ Styles vs ACH/Cedric Alexander/Matt Sydel was a crazy spotfest.

And i can't recommend this Atlanta VOD show they did last week enough everything on it was good to great especially Roddy Strong vs Kyle O'Reilly and The Briscoes vs The Kingdom http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2015/feb/22/022115-winter-warriors-tour-atlanta-georgia-vod well worth the 13 Euro i spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have no idea what people like so much about Hanson. Any time I've seen him, at best he got a meh from me. A future Joe vs Briscoe match could be great but that is about the extent of my interest in the main event.

Have a hard time seeing the tag title match being anything other than great. They've faced each other a few times and it's always delivered so I'm expecting more of the same here.

Not a huge fan of ACH, but Styles pretty much always delivers so hopefully he can keep it going. Kind of a waste having Styles so far down though. Likewise with Sydal.

Does anyone know if the UK Highspots store gets new release PWG dvds the same time as the PWG store? Was thinking of ordering From Outta Nowhere from it but not if there's a delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Considering it was the 13th anniversary, it was an incredibly dull show. If they didn't have Joe, it would have hardly even felt like a PPV, let alone a big one. None of the matches were anything special. The tag title match could have been great, but it felt like they got two thirds of the way through the match and called it a day. It was perfectly set up for the Bucks to win then one big move and reDRagon retain. The boos for reDRagon I don't think were due to heel heat either.

The main event was pretty awful. Ciampa looked good for the most part but that's about it. Hanson has no business being that high up the card. The finish made the previously strong champion look like crap. Kinda the opposite of what you want if he is to face Joe any time soon. Nothing else really stood out. The Styles and Sydal matches were more about putting the younger guys over in defeat than putting on great matches.

I assume the only reason they didn't go Briscoe vs Styles as the main event is ROH don't want a title change, while NJPW don't want Styles losing. Not sure why they don't use Hero more often either. They need a couple of big names in the title scene with Cole out injured. Joe kinda just fell into their lap.

Yeah it's odd how they constantly bring up how he hasn't been pinned in two years and then do that.

The new PWG trailer is out. What's notable about this show there's a lot of fresh faces on the card:

Trevor Lee and "Speed Ball" Mike Bailey are two names worth making note of. Also this was Meltzer's first ever PWG show:

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/576596681501908992

Go to the 4min 20sec mark to see The Young Bucks hit the Meltzer Driver in front of Dave Meltzer himself.

• Advertisement

What's the story behind the Meltzer driver? Is it a tongue in cheek f u to Meltzer? Is he generally a fan of the flippy unnecessary stuff?

I'm sure I heard them talk about it in a podcast but it hasn't stuck in my head.

Jay Lethal vs. Jushin Liger for the World TV Title at Supercard of Honor. I remember Liger's match against Adam Cole was pretty good so hoping for the same here.

A graphic for all the live iPPVs Wrestlemania weekend presented by the WWN Live umbrella of companies:
    B_w0_iqUIAAWf_e.jpg

ROH is presenting a card on Friday however it won't be broadcast live but will be available the next day on Video On Demand:
    032715_SCOH9.jpg

Personally planning check the ROH show and everything from WWN except the King of Indies show (glorified local indie production) and the Kaiju Big Battle (don't even ask men fighting in cardboard box costumes).

They are 7 hours behind us. Man.

Another show calender with GMT times this time:

CAbPIW7UgAEStYX.png

An updated and even more exhausting schedule:
    CAyqnj3UsAEAU3B.jpg

There's also Wrestlemania Today live from WWE Axxess Thursday and Friday at 22:00 our time.

Dalton Castle is sensational

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/579686870268932097

Whooper sized gif but let it load:
    UnluckyFirstCatbird.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

His entrance alone is magnificent. Haven't laughed so hard since Bo was turfed out of the NXT arena. Then he hit a dead lift suplex. Best in the World!

The KRD stuff so far has been pretty lame.

Griever931 wrote: »
    The KRD stuff so far has been pretty lame.

Oh it is the worst as it has gone on too long now and it is ruining matches. Also ROH does this invading group storyline nearly every six months.

ROH Supercard of Honor is on (not live) tonight. It is Jimmy Jacob's last match and Lacey is actually in the State. She was at EVOLVE last night. Nope she is involved in the match it would be a story book ending.

The EVOLVE show this morning (!) was a bit of a disappointment. Just on the cusp of being good. Thought it was just me being cranky due to the show being so late. But even the Yanks are divided on it. There were a lot of matches that simply wouldn't end. The Rich Swann, Ricochet & Uhaa Nation vs Caleb Konley, Brian Cage & TJ Perkins was what I was looking forward too and it didn't come together. Gabe took a gamble with the main even of the former Drew McIntyre vs the former Justin Gabriel and they had a below Superstars level main event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement