Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review : 3.7 v mod from thebestshop.eu

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the batts were charged to 4.0 and 3.9 volts
    im filling up a boge carto atm, just letting it soak in now for a few minutes before I drop a couple more drops in to ensure its properly wet

i dont think the batts are the same, if they're the pink ones from ecigwizard they have overcharged and discharge protection.. which is what these batteries lack. they'll likely work fine, but over/discharging them too much can lead to instability in the battery from what I read.. and im not sure if they're high drain or not, which could lead to a bit of a performance hit after a while using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Just read that AW do make flat tops but are the Black protection circuit battery ones.
    All red AW IMR's with a flat top are dodgy...

omg
    dat 5v vape
    actually had to cough after that
    6v is a little too much for me, and 5v will probably end up too much as well.. but dear god

*awesome*

--edit

god damn batteries are freaking me out. heard a popping and sizzling sound and my heart froze, then realised it was the glass of coke i'd just poured as the 5v had dried my throat out so much

4.5 to 4.7 seems to be the order of the day for me - anything higher gets a bit harsh on the throat after about 10 minutes.

yeah, i can see myself bumping up to 5 volts first thing in the morning but slowly lowering it as the day goes on
    4.5-4.7 does seem pretty sweet

the feel of the LT is great. feels really sturdy in the hand, not actually as huge as I was expecting. I dont know if i'll be taking it out to the pub any time soon, but it's definitely manageable and fits neatly into the pocket of my jeans.

the volt changing buttons are *tiny* and a tiny bit fiddly, but i'll get used to them quickly enough. not like i'll be adjusting voltages too often anyway. the power button is big, easy to press and in a pretty perfect location for vaping/holding the device

all in all, delighted with it. absolutely delighted.

• Advertisement

I knew you'd love it - try vaping on an ego after this, it's almost impossible and also one of the reasons I wanted a backup. Without the increased throat hit I'd be back on analogues in a shot if my Lavatube broke.

Don't forget to try the Boges with the 510 to Ego adapter, it's a much nicer draw.

yeah I found my 510-ego adapter that I got for my ego variable volt battery, stuck it on straight away

also.. my god, you're right
    just tried the normal ego.. what have I been doing with myself for the last year :)

how often do you find yourself having to refill the boges?

had some dk-tab in mine, and i noticed it started to get kind of a dry taste. so I tried to fill it up with some of my litchi but just about everything I poured in came out the bottom.
    mustn't have been dry if the juice wouldnt soak up but i dont know how else to explain the dryish taste. was I just hitting it too often at 4.7? I was kinda chain vaping, taking a toke every couple of minutes.

I'd put a few drops in from time to time, couldn't really tell how often because it varies according to how much I'm using it - a few drops every half hour maybe...

ah right, fair enough
    even though I put sfa liquid into this, it's vaping perfectly with the new flavour so.. I dunno . all good :D

• Advertisement

I tried out one of the 3.5ml giant clearomizers I got from healthcabin. it's great at 3.7v, seems to be the perfect voltage to balance the wicking and whatnot. it's ****ing heavenly at 4.8V though, the problem is after every drag, I have to up-end the entire thing so the filler cables get wet.. the higher volts seems to dry them out completely almost immediately so the second drag is harsh as all hell, as if I were dry burning

not a huge problem, but a pain in the balls if I forget to up-end it

pretty ****ing great atty though if you're looking for something to vape at 3.7v

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

mrplop wrote: »

Alec76,
    The Lavatube is supposed to drop to 5.75 when set to 6 volts and loaded - voltage tests in this review;

I can live with a difference of .25 especially when it comes to vaping at 6 volts - most eliquids taste like burning tyres at this voltage anyway.
    provari dropping voltage under the load aswell .
    The thing is , review was made with the fresh charged battery(4.2v), isn't it ? with the half flat one(3.3) , figure could be totally different ...You 've set 3.4v with LR ATTY -- u might get only 3.0 v under the load just aswell .

quality of battery ,internal resistance of it could make huge difference aswell
    vrm LTC3785 (provari ) more efficient than
    vrm TPS63020 (lava), than again , price difference ....

UR18650F SANYO 2600 -- very good batteries btw,dunno if it fit lava though.....

To be quite honest I don't have the means to test the voltage under load but I can say I did allow the battery to drop to 3.4 volts at one point. I vape at the 4.5volt mark and I didn't notice a marked difference in vapour at that level of charge and I do tend to notice these things as a rule. On the ECF there's been one or two mentioning the regulation trailing off at lower battery level but I've yet to see any evidence posted anywhere.

I guess the point is that's the Lavatube is no ProVari but at the third of the price I can put up with any foibles it may have. The ProVari probably does have a better voltage regulator but I would expect it to at the price of €200 for the body on it's own - as I said before - the ProVari is a very beautiful piece of kit, it's just too bloody expensive for what it is. Even if I had the money (which I don't) there's no way on earth that I would fork out that amount of cash for it.
    Looking at the Provape site today I noticed that it's an extra $15 for blue leds instead of the standard red.

That's just silly...

Incidentally, the batteries that I got with the Lavatube kit from Irishvapers seem very good - the charge is lasting a lot longer than the pink metallic batteries that came with the review copies of the Lavatube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Update from 2Smok....

Helo Guys!

Sorry for my absence, but this couple ouf days i've been realy busy between customs and the carrier, trying to expedite the thundervolt release!
    UPS assured me that they will cleare it today, and if they keed their word on it, we'll start shipping them today, but can't make a big promiss, since i'm depending on UPS now, they have been siting on the order since monday!
    (i believe they are testing the thundervolts :giggle: )

Cheers to all!

João Ferreira

Update part deux:

Please to inform that will now go pick up the thundervolt on UPS warehouse!

Best Regards

João Ferreira

Probably post these off today or tomorrow i'd imagine.

really glad I ordered that one from irishvapers now :)

I wonder what the battery situation is with 2smok

really glad I ordered that one from irishvapers now :)

I wonder what the battery situation is with 2smok

We'll soon find out.

Might be selling mine anyway :rolleyes:

traitor !

hope the line's as good as everyone says it is :)

• Advertisement

traitor !

hope the line's as good as everyone says it is :)

:D, probably change my mind when i get it but at the moment PayPal is being frequented too much, i blame it all on Mewso :D

Believe me, i hope so too about the Line.

Bad news from 2Smok...
    I cancelled my order just now, waiting to hear confirmation from them.

Hello Guys!

I'm just have a bad news for all, after getting from the carrier, and when unpacking the shipment,

We when yesterday to pick up the shipment at UPS and detected that there was a switch on the volumes, we received, and order that was meant to be sent to USA, we are now in contact with our supplier to get an explanation regarding that!
    So far the explanation that was forwarded to us is that the forwarder company has switched the orders and is now contacting the other party to send the order back to us!
    We are very embarrassed with all this, and would ask for your apologies regarding this matter!
    We can assure that we are making our best affords to solve this in the shortest period possible!
    If you wish to cancel your pre-order, we will gladly give you a full refund, if you wish to wait a while for the resolution of this process, we will compensate all our customers for the inconvenience with a free Joyetech Liquid (30 ml)!

Best Regards to all, and Merry Christamas

And our sincere apologies

João Ferreira

wow
    guess ill cancel my order now too.. really ****ing glad I got the one from irishvapers now, thanks to all for convincing me to get it :)

ugh, i have no idea how cancelling **** works with 3v

just rang them, apparently the money just goes back to my account. great stuff.

wow
    guess ill cancel my order now too.. really ****ing glad I got the one from irishvapers now, thanks to all for convincing me to get it :)

ugh, i have no idea how cancelling **** works with 3v

Ya will still receive it, just a matter of waiting longer then sell it when you get it.

I'm glad i cancelled for money reasons plus the fact i'm unsure with all this battery and charger talk.

yeah I just emailed info@2smok.com to cancel it now, the money just goes straight back into my 3v card I can transfer it over to my bank account for a "small" fee of 2.50, and then cut my 3v card into tiny tiny pieces and never use it again

the lavatube is still a great piece of hardware, irishvapers are looking to get some of the legit batteries and if you just want to get the body you can order the batteries yourself online for not too much.
    kinda relieved this happened to be honest, I didn't want to screw 2smok over by cancelling an order I'd made in good faith but two lavatubes when I'd already spent way too much money on ecigs this month.. it was a bit much.
    feel bad for 2smok though, the lavatube launch hasn't really gone smoothly anywhere in the world.

just trying some of my kanger horizontal coils with my lavatube
    it's pretty good at 3.7v, but anything above 4v.. its just not great at all
    constant low level burnt taste

really need to get a decent tank system for high volt vaping. i love the boge's for vapour and flavour, but they dry out so fast.. and for some reason they take sweet **** all juice even though they taste completely dry so I have to top up so regularly. a tank system seems the best solution to this. That or a gen. line, but i dont think i'm really there yet.

--edit
    i think i destroyed one of my boge's after 1 day. had to throw another one away as i mixed some juices in it for the laugh and i couldnt bring myself to vape it to completion. the one that's destroyed.. it still vapes, and i get more vapour/flavour than I would from using my ego normally but it is *nothing* in comparison to this new boge I just unwrapped. I guess it's not a good idea to let them go dry .. probably burn/wreck themselves too quickly at 5V. so I guess I'll just keep them topped up and wet all the time from here on out.
    if im not careful with these, i might have to put another large order in with healthcabin a hell of a lot sooner than I thought.

Sounds like 2smok got a load of Volcano branded tubes.

These are the best tank option or you could use a syringe body to make your own tank mod;
    http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=188

I might try modding a Smoktech dct tank for the Boge cartos - I'll just cut the tube down to the right height that will fit the shorter 3 ohm Boges. Obviously the eliquid capacity will be reduced but I can live with that.

yeah i have the chibi open in another tab, was looking at it carefully alright

i peeled the black wrapping off a boge i'd ruined (soak it in hot water for 5 minutes, wrapping just peels off. scrubbed it a bit too to get rid of any of the glue) and put it in my smoktech tank. mixed results.
    It fits, it just about reaches through the entire length of the tank and im pretty sure with a drip tip it would vape fine. the problem is it just barely fits.. so it's going to be ****ing *awkward* to fill the tank up, it doesnt have the little flange at the battery connector end so if you're not very very very careful when trying to fill it up you will get epic leakages (im glad I used some of my 0mg flavourless to test instead of one of my actual juics). and i dont know when exactly it happened, when i initially put the boge in or when I was trying to pull it out a little to fill the tank.. one of the o-rings just snapped at the bottom so that's never good.

buying a new tank is probably the safest way

the lavatube is still a great piece of hardware, irishvapers are looking to get some of the legit batteries and if you just want to get the body you can order the batteries yourself online for not too much.

Yeah i might buy the bits separately or i might go for a Box mod that i was originally gonna buy but it's €100
    Don't care how it looks as it's only for the house and i like the description below.

''This is a monster variable mod that runs between 3 and 5.8 volts. It is powerd by two AW IMR 18650 safe chemistry cells which are housed in a fully protected cell holder this prevents over charging over discharging shorts and limits the current to 5 amps max. This adds a second level of protection to allready safe cells. The need to remove the cells to charge has been overcome by using a smart charger which simply plugs in like a mobile phone and charges the cell onboard the mod. You can also vape and charge at the same time. This mod will run for a stupid length of time between charges. Two day plus with heavy use. The switching converter which controlls voltage is over 90% efficient so does not get hot and wastes little power it is also protected from shorts and high temprature in its own right. The case is semi matt textured aluminiun and bomb proof. Included in the kit are the mod cells and smart charger for 80 quid. As allways if you do not like it after buying you can send it back for a full refund. Any questions do please ask,regards Rob "throathit"
    18650Mod_3.jpg

• Advertisement

wow
    that looks pretty awesome
    be grand for taking outside too depending on how big it is.. it looks kinda pocket friendly

Advertisement