Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

gimmick wrote: »
    Whatever about the money in the EPL, I was hoping if he did leave he might sign for someone good. Villa are not that.

Judging Villa on the first 45 minutes tonight against Utd ,I'd say Traore will be wondering what the hell has he done signing for such a crap team.
    Villa cant string two passes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭IrishCule

Shocking performance and even worse team selection by Lucho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

IrishCule wrote: »
    Shocking performance and even worse team selection by Lucho.

Its still preseason more or less. Poor performance yes but the team have already played so much in 5 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Tbh, Lucho didn't want any of those preseason games in the US. Nor did most other managers. Barcelona are clearly suffering. He HAD to rotate. This might even detriment your league campaign. Possibly might sow a rift between Lucho and some players again too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only the first leg and a main reason for the strong finish last year was his rotation early last season. It was ugly early last season too, Almeria away being a particular example well into the season.

But I would be concerned that there is no-one behind Messi/Neymar/Suarez should one of them be out. I don't rate Rafinha and if Pedro goes as well as Traore, there's what...Munir or otherwise Iniesta maybe pushes up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Judging Villa on the first 45 minutes tonight against Utd ,I'd say Traore will be wondering what the hell has he done signing for such a crap team.
    Villa cant string two passes together.

Why did he sign for them exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Today is a big day for Barcelona. On this day in 2008 Sergio Busquets made his La Liga debut in a 1-1 draw with Racing De Santander, he would go on to become a Barcelona legend and the greatest holding midfielder there's ever been.

Huge win given the squad depth and being 1-0 down. Busquets was incredible last night.

Bilbao away, Malaga at home and Atletico away, nice start to get nine points.

Yep huge win. Been a very good start to the season all things considered. Lucho's record against Atletico is ridiculous too, is that 5 wins out of 5 now?

Roma should be a tough enough game although I expect to win TBH, even away from home.

Yep huge win. Been a very good start to the season all things considered. Lucho's record against Atletico is ridiculous too, is that 5 wins out of 5 now?

Roma should be a tough enough game although I expect to win TBH, even away from home.

• Advertisement

While not directly at fault for any of the goals I honestly think Ter Stegen is useless. He is so good on the ground people are blinded and thinking he is the perfect Barca keeper when in reality he is not good enough. Bravo cannot come back quick enough IMO.

While not directly at fault for any of the goals I honestly think Ter Stegen is useless. He is so good on the ground people are blinded and thinking he is the perfect Barca keeper when in reality he is not good enough. Bravo cannot come back quick enough IMO.

Ter Stegen is definitely a weak link ,Bravo is by far the better keeper.

Bravo started last season with eight consecutive clean sheets. Eight. It took 754 minutes and a Cristiano Ronaldo spot-kick for the Chilean to be beaten.

Ter Stegen has conceded 15 goals in his past six games.
    15 in six games compared to 16 in 21 last season.

I know this isnt all down to the keeper ,the defence plays a huge role (Barca's back line failed to win a single tackle in the second half), but Ter Stegen is a weak link.

Curiously enough it was two of La Masias former students and indeed Enriques former players ,that played a key role in Barcelona's mauling last night.

With a goal, two assists, and enough terrifying dribbles to haunt Dani Alves and Gerard Pique for the rest of the year, Nolito's class was clear for all to see.
    Luis Enrique coached Celta in 2013-14 and knows Nolito well. But even he could not stop the flexible forward from dominating this game.

Sergio Gomez was a rock at centre back last night, he snuffed Suarez out.
    Gomez's first taste of professional football was with Luis Enrique's Barca B, where he participated in their astonishing run to a La Liga playoff spot finish in the 2010-11 Segunda Division. The season prior, at just 17, he was handed his B team debut by the same coach, going on to start every one of the side's successful playoff matches for promotion to the second tier.

Questions will be raised over whether Barcelona could have done more to prevent results like Wednesday's by stopping talents like Nolito or Sergi Gomez from leaving and strengthening opponents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

To be fair, Nolito was no where near good enough before leaving. he played a handful of first team games and was way off the pace. Sergio Gomez, I have to admit I have never heard of.

Nights like last night happen, where everyone plays like they are hungover. To a man Barca were very poor.

The flip side of the Nolito thing is how is Sergi Roberto still with Barca? He is 23/24 now and has never shown anything.

gimmick wrote: »
    To be fair, Nolito was no where near good enough before leaving. he played a handful of first team games and was way off the pace. Sergio Gomez, I have to admit I have never heard of.

Nights like last night happen, where everyone plays like they are hungover. To a man Barca were very poor.

The flip side of the Nolito thing is how is Sergi Roberto still with Barca? He is 23/24 now and has never shown anything.

Think Roberto has played very well at RB, however I do agree that in midfield he doesn't offer much.

Messi out for 2 months. That's not good.

Barcelona a goal down against leverkusen, another clanger from ter stegen.
    Barcelona look all over the place at the back.

Phew.

Absolutely poison for 80 minutes and very lucky Hernandez missed those chances earlier.

but that Suarez goal gets better with every replay. He had almost no right to put it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Joke, another year of Barça winning everything ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

UCL is destroyed cos of that ¨team¨

dfx- wrote: »
    Absolutely poison for 80 minutes and very lucky Hernandez missed those chances earlier.

but that Suarez goal gets better with every replay. He had almost no right to put it in.

Dont worry mate, they'll be winning another 5 UCL in a row ...

• Advertisement

Waaahhhaaayyy lads! Champions of Europe, to win that game was remarkable.

Ter Stegen. I'm like a broken record at this point. The lads over at reddit are falling over themselves trying to defend him and time and time again he just looks ****.

Ter Stegen. I'm like a broken record at this point. The lads over at reddit are falling over themselves trying to defend him and time and time again he just looks ****.

His decision-making definitely needs work. I wouldn't be as harsh as others might on him for those two long range lobbed goals because I suppose one of the requirements of being a Barcelona keeper is the high starting position, though I do think it's telling that Valdes and Bravo haven't suffered the same problems doing that as Ter Stegen has. For the goal tonight you can't really defend him, it was just an error in judgement that cost us. He's undoubtedly talented, and he's still young so there's hope that the more experience he gets the better his decisions will get, no doubt there is fantastic potential in him. Though I don't think there's any doubt that, at present, Bravo is the better keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ter Stegen is young lads. He's going to make mistakes like David De Gea did. He has so much potential though.

Agree with AIG, you can't actually fault him for the lobbed goals. Neuer runs the exact same risk. Bravo also was incredibly luckily in the la liga this season. Can't remember against whom but he was just caught planted as well. Poor Marc though has conceded the LR goals.

If I was a Barca fan I'd be more worried about the fact that the solidity you had last season under Enrique seems to be gone. At the back you look incredibly fragile. Also, is it just me or are Barca far more possession heavy and less direct this season? :confused:

Turtwig wrote: »

If I was a Barca fan I'd be more worried about the fact that the solidity you had last season under Enrique seems to be gone. At the back you look incredibly fragile. Also, is it just me or are Barca far more possession heavy and less direct this season? :confused:

I dont think its less direct its just that the team is alot more stretched than it used to be from what I have seen of them.
    Tonight there was far too much distance between the back four and midfield and midfield and front 3.

This is probably due to a lack of energy in midfield ,Busquets and Iniesta look well off the pace .

The shape was much better and more compact in the last 15 minutes though .

He has conceded more goals this season than he did in all of last season.
    Since August, he has played seven games and has conceded 16 goals, the same amount he let in after 21 games of last term. In the 2014/15 campaign Ter Stegen kept 10 clean sheets but has conceded on each of his appearances this season.
    Ter Stegen is making schoolboy errors and has been caught out of position many times and his lack of composure under pressure is not helping him.

The team needs Bravo back asap ,he is a far superior keeper.
    Bravo has shown during the last decade , that experience counts. He has made mistakes along his career, many of them similar to Ter Stegen's this season. But his experience, his mental strength, his intelligence and his calmness even in the worst situations - he was nicknamed "El hombre tranquilo - the quiet man-" when he played for Sociedad, have allowed him to grow every single year.
    The Chilean's maturity after years of success ensures his stock is higher than Ter Stegen's.
    And even though Oscar Wilde said that "experience is the name we give to our mistakes", Stegen could ruin his reputation if he continues with his uncertain season.

He is young of course but he is roughly the same age as De Gea and Courtious so fair or not those are his peers and compared to them he is not up to scratch at least so far. Now as for his potential.......does he really look like he has alot of potential? I never saw him play before Barcelona and since he came he has been disappointing in my opinion, so what leads people to believe he has loads of potential?

My opinion is that people see how good he is on the ground with the ball at his feet and are blinded to his deficiencies everywhere else defending him by saying he is only young and will get better. To me he does not look good under crosses, terrible at one on ones and is a good shot stopper but not amazing. What else is he good at apart from passing the ball?

The goal maybe was his fault on Tuesday, but the keeper was the least of worries defensively against Leverkusen. Mathieu and Pique were back to their pre-Christmas worst.

Very quiet in here after the weekend. What a result!!

Sergi Roberto has been an absolute revelation this season. I take back everything bad I have said about him the past lol. On current form he should probably start ahead of Rakitic.

Agree re Sergi Roberto. i think i said a few short months ago that I just didn't see anything at all in him. Those words seem sillier every week.

Saturday was a complete dismantling. Excellent performances throughout. Brave made some great saves as well.

Suarez' first goal was a thing of utter beauty. 25+ passes then an absolute killer finish. The way he angled his body was incredible.

• Advertisement

Fire up the hype machine, get ready to hitch a ride on the bandwagon, the Carles Aleña train is leaving the station. Apparently he put in a remarkable display for the Juvenile A side in their draw with Roma and scored a peach of a goal. He's earmarked for big things at Barcelona it seems.

May it be helping Roberto that he now has perhaps a more restricted role on the wing/right back instead of in at the deep end of the middle of the pitch?

A very sweet win. Suarez' first was a super strike. Not a great pass - slightly behind him but stupendous finish.

Read yesterday that's Iniesta's first goal since he scored in the 3-4 win there, two years apart. Picks his moments:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Some result / performance last night. Didnt think the goals could gets any sweeter after the weekend's game against Madrid but christ there were some beauts last night. Loved the suarez volley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Were is Turan expected to play when he comes in?

Rotation option on one of he wings and/or Iniesta's position?

:D

Blatter wrote: »
    Were is Turan expected to play when he comes in?

Rotation option on one of he wings and/or Iniesta's position?

Supposedly more as part of rotation with the midfield 3, though I suppose if needs be he can play out wide too. I do expect Barcelona to attempt to sign a winger though in January and that could well be Nolito.

• Advertisement

I was under the impression he'd be used in rotation with Busquets

dfx- wrote: »
    I was under the impression he'd be used in rotation with Busquets

Turan? He doesn't play at DM at all. He will be in the rotation with Iniesta/Rakitic/Sergi Roberto at CM and with Neymar/Messi in the wide positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Lads I'm thinking of heading over to Barcelona with the missus in february the weekend they play sevilla any idea when the date of the fixture will be announced, there all down for sunday 4:00 atm and would anyone know the best place to source tickets for the pair of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

markc91 wrote: »
    Lads I'm thinking of heading over to Barcelona with the missus in february the weekend they play sevilla any idea when the date of the fixture will be announced, there all down for sunday 4:00 atm and would anyone know the best place to source tickets for the pair of us?

I buy on the fc barcelona site. think 3/4 weeks before game the times are finalised, always just make sure I'm there the Sat and Sun night so no disappointments :)

symbolic wrote: »
    I buy on the fc barcelona site. think 3/4 weeks before game the times are finalised, always just make sure I'm there the Sat and Sun night so no disappointments :)

Nice one thanks, one more question i know its totally off topic but can you recommend anywhere to stay?

• Advertisement

Nice one thanks, one more question i know its totally off topic but can you recommend anywhere to stay?

I never stay near the stadium. Don't know if you've been to Barcelona before, but I always stay around the Gothic Quarter.

Been years ago I heard around las ramblas is decent ill look into that though cheers

Been years ago I heard around las ramblas is decent ill look into that though cheers

Gothic is beside Las Ramblas. Anyway, enjoy! Great city, great team!

So Arsenal. Not happy with that draw, would rather stay out of the EPL spotlight.

Tricky tie if the recent form carries on. Has to be goals in the first leg and not drawing 2-2 or being stung 2-1 again.

I don't fear them but obviously given some of the others options its not a good draw. Arsenal fans must be sick of playing ourselves and Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

Just booked El Clasico in April. To say it cost me an arm and a leg would be an understatement.. However, seeing MNS, Iniesta, Ronaldo and even ZiZu and with the form at Barca at the moment, once in a lifetime.. Has anyone here been to a clasico? Ive been to three matches before but not this one!!!

messi1985 wrote: »
    Just booked El Clasico in April. To say it cost me an arm and a leg would be an understatement.. However, seeing MNS, Iniesta, Ronaldo and even ZiZu and with the form at Barca at the moment, once in a lifetime.. Has anyone here been to a clasico? Ive been to three matches before but not this one!!!

I went to the one last year in March. You are in for a treat, it was an unbelievable experience and much different than a regular game.

I recommend you get out to the ground 2 hours before kick off. The Boixis Nois will be there and will be singing and letting off flares and ****, it was class but be careful.......not the nicest bunch. They were by Gol Sud on the road straight up from Les Corts metro stop towards the stadium.

I went to the one last year in March. You are in for a treat, it was an unbelievable experience and much different than a regular game.

I recommend you get out to the ground 2 hours before kick off. The Boixis Nois will be there and will be singing and letting off flares and ****, it was class but be careful.......not the nicest bunch. They were by Gol Sud on the road straight up from Les Corts metro stop towards the stadium.

Bit of an understatement that ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring Boring Boring Boring Barca ...

Bit of an understatement that ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring Boring Boring Boring Barca ...

Yeah, I was right in the middle of it and was ****ting myself. 6 days on the beer before that didn't help with the fear either. I would still recommend being there, just don't go in the middle of them like I did :D

Yeah, I was right in the middle of it and was ****ting myself. 6 days on the beer before that didn't help with the fear either. I would still recommend being there, just don't go in the middle of them like I did :D

Why would you be scared tho, if you are a barca fan ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement