Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a good chocolate bar?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Kiera wrote: »
    Now this is the kind of chocolate i could get into :D
    Nuts make everything good. ;)

I think you should be allocated a daily limit for the amount of flirty / slutty posts that you're allowed to make.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

cheaper than 1euro (what is up with choccy prices going up v slowly?!), chunky, and praline/truffle!
    yummy! :)
    Loved the Marble bars before, anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Loved the Marble bars before, anyone remember?

Sounds familiar, refresh my memory please!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fluffo

I love a little bit of crisp - dairy milk golden crisp
    - dairy milk mint crisp
    - toffee crisp
    - moro

I suddenly have a NEED to eat chocolate nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Marble bars, delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Now this is the kind of chocolate i could get into :D
    kfallon wrote: »
    I prefer an ice cube melted in her gash tbh
    Novella wrote: »
    Nuts make it good :)
    Nuts make everything good. ;)
    Salty nuts???
    fluffo wrote: »
    II suddenly have a NEED to eat chocolate nom nom nom

My work here is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Mmmmmmm there's been a few good things mentioned above. Twix does it for me on a daytoday basis. You can't beat a good 2 for 1 deal. I used to enjoy a double decker on occasion but haven't been there recently. The crispies feel a bit like the wafer oft' mentioned above - padding! But recently I came across wonderful Aldi's wonderful Hazelnut Heaven. Big bar! Crunchy whole hazelnuts! nice choc. (Dairy milk makes me gag - cheap nasty sh1te). And of course for a Friday treat, if you're luck enough to have an Amnesty shop nearby, try their choc bars. Milk, 60%, 70%, praline... Any of them. crack open the sealed wrapper for a blast of choc aromas and then enjoy square by tiny square til they're all gone. And then check for crumbs. Delicious.

Sorry, I might have to go out for a couple of minutes after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Wazdakka wrote: »
    I think you should be allocated a daily limit for the amount of flirty / slutty posts that you're allowed to make.

:p

There are no flirty posts in here. Durty yes, flirty, no.

Sounds familiar, refresh my memory please!

brown and white chocolate on top and yummy nummy praline inside with little bits of nuts! :) oh and a purple wrapper
    Was addicted to them years ago, nearly always had one for lunch in school.

brown and white chocolate on top and yummy nummy praline inside with little bits of nuts! :) oh and a purple wrapper

Is this them???

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2299722/2/istockphoto_2299722-marbled-chocolate-bars.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Had a mars bar about 2 weeks ago for the first time in maybe 10 years, oh my f'ucking god- how did i ever stop eating anything so delicious in the first place, i've had about a dozen since then, obesity and heart disease are quite frankly a price worth paying!:D
    Also as an aside - has anyone noticed biscuits in aldi called diso biscuits! Ha, for a whole new generation of ravers no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Yeah, that was some chocolate bar. Do you remember a few years ago when they brought wispas back, then took them away again just as quickly? That was cruel. My friend went to a cash & carry and bought a box of them in case of emergency.

Not a fan of the wispa gold/mint phase. Or minature bars like the tiny dairy milks, you need about three of them otherwise you're just teasing yourself. I can't believe toblerone hasn't been mentioned :eek:

Anyone tried a deep fried Mars Bar, have yet to sample the unique delights of one but hear they are lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

cson wrote: »
    Dairy Milk ftw.

One of the only things I missed about home when I was away.

if i had to choose one chocolate bar to eat for the rest if my life it would be without doubt the dairy milk!

Galaxy hazelnut.....winner alright, winner alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Big Pint of milk and a dairy milk. That's it really.

All good chocolate needs to be enjoyed with a pint of milk.

Except when Tayto Cheese and Onion are involved. This is a scenario where you're going to need some coke.

Except when Tayto Cheese and Onion are involved. This is a scenario where you're going to need some coke.

^^Has tractor, goes to mass and lives with mammy.

*probably

^^Has tractor, goes to mass and lives with mammy.

*probably

I couldn't be more of a city boy. Is your assumption based on the premise that only country people eat Tayto crisps? The crisp from Coolock. Really? Was that it? Or maybe it's cause of the milk...sure only country people drink milk

+1 on the milk, makes the milk chocolate even more milkier :D

Cup of 'J' and chocolate is fine too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I couldn't be more of a city boy. Is your assumption based on the premise that only country people eat Tayto crisps? The crisp from Coolock. Really? Was that it? Or maybe it's cause of the milk...sure only country people drink milk

You're no more a city guy than i am a country girl :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Kiera there are five cities in Ireland...stop it now ;)

Kiera there are five cities in Ireland...stop it now ;)

Do not count Kilkenny as one please! "Waterford is a city so we have to be one too!!!"

kinda looks like that alright, but with white specks on top :)

HA HA! - rumbled - cheese and onion tayto's with coke, dairy milk with milk - have you much road frontage?

mojesius wrote: »
    Yeah, that was some chocolate bar. Do you remember a few years ago when they brought wispas back, then took them away again just as quickly? That was cruel. My friend went to a cash & carry and bought a box of them in case of emergency.

Not a fan of the wispa gold/mint phase. Or minature bars like the tiny dairy milks, you need about three of them otherwise you're just teasing yourself. I can't believe toblerone hasn't been mentioned :eek:

oh yes!! was in college, just starting then, and we were all in the college shop there and just looked at each other like :eek: and almost bought the shop out of them lol

oh and toblerone, love it! reminds me of xmas, easter or mothers day as i always got my mam one when i was small!

kinda looks like that alright, but with white specks on top :)

Going by your username are threads like this the only ones that you post on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cadbury's Secret.

So good, they had to take it off the shelves.

oh and toblerone, love it! reminds me of xmas, easter or mothers day as i always got my mam one when i was small!

It reminds me of kinky sex for gurlz what like food and bondage - those ridges are intense!!!

Going by your username are threads like this the only ones that you post on :D

heehee! :D well anything to do with candy, yes! lol or gals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Anyone tried a deep fried Mars Bar, have yet to sample the unique delights of one but hear they are lovely!

Yes I have and yes they are :) 7 heart attacks in one conveniently delicious package!

Advertisement