Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a good chocolate bar?

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

So, I decided to have a kit-kat yesterday for the first time in ages and, to be honest, was left feeling underwhelmed - wafer - what's that all about. I reckon that wafer in a chocolate bar is one step too close to health food.

I reckon, to qualify for the mantle of "chocolate bar" there has to be gooey stuff in the middle - toffee, caramel etc - peanuts are a bonus as well as crispy things. Double deckers, snickers, star bars - they'd all be classed as chocolate bars in my book.

Snacks and kit kats can feck off - uninventive ****e!

What's your all time favourite chocolate bar and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭cson

Dairy Milk ftw.

One of the only things I missed about home when I was away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

One that you can eat layers off of, in a few different ways. Double Decker is good for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I like the wafer in the Kit Kat personally, and I would hardly call it health food. Personally, I am partial to Peanut M&M's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

WindSock wrote: »
    One that you can eat layers off of, in a few different ways. Double Decker is good for this.

This is something I've noticed about the way in which womenfolk tend to eat chocolate bars, eating the layers separately, whereas menfolk seem to prefer the idea of enjoying a sample of all layers in a single bite.. How strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I hate chocolate.

• Advertisement

Sinfonia wrote: »
    This is something I've noticed about the way in which womenfolk tend to eat chocolate bars, eating the layers separately, whereas menfolk seem to prefer the idea of enjoying a sample of all layers in a single bite.. How strange.

Sometimes I'll do half & half, just to mix things up a bit. Chomp down the first half in a conventional manner then toy with and savour the rest.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Has to be bar shaped. And made of chocolate. And taste good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭cson

Kiera wrote: »
    I hate chocolate.

Haters gonna hate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

I have a balanced diet so usually an aero in one hand and a dairy milk in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

chocolate and caramel=yummy....:pac:

chocolate+nuts=a rancid abomination :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd like to see an amalgamation of the glory of Belgian/Swiss chocolate with the fillings of British/Irish chocolate, like crunchie, moro or toffee crisp but without the greasy abomination that is Cadbury's 'chocolate'.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Tunnock's Caramel Wafers :D:D

They could do with more chocolate on the outside though mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Women don't want to eat half of it on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Also; currents, sultanas and any other nasty brown, shrivelly, fruit thing have NO PLACE in confectionary !!!

*shakes fist at inventors of said foulness*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kit Kats have to be straight out of the fridge, a complete waste otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

WindSock wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll do half & half, just to mix things up a bit. Chomp down the first half in a conventional manner then toy with and savour the rest.
    Were you replying to a thread in the S&S forum?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Were you replying to a thread in the S&S forum?

Sorry, I forgot to sign off the post with an obligatory giggidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Have always thought that bars of chocolate that are textured, like Twirls, Flakes or Wispas, always taste so much better. Even though they are just chocolate like a Dairy Milk. I love, love, love chocolate with crispy bits, Cadbury's Mint and Golden Crisp, or Nestle Dairy Crunch:D. Double Deckers are sexual, they have the crispy crunchiness on the bottom, the soft nougat top AND Cadbury's chocolate.

Wipes dribble on sleeve....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't eat chocolate much anymore but you need a bar with a bit of eating in it, snickers, moro etc! The caramel really gets the jaws going. Not a fan of bars where two bites and it's gone.

Tbh I'd eat any chocolate bar except dark chocolate.....unless it's for laxative purposes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Yorkies and KitKat chunkys.
    Big, solid, dense blocks of chocolate is what you want.

I mean seriously... Who the hell likes wispas??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 mick_jt

It has to be a dairy milk..........melted all over a womans boobies:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

well, if it's a StarBar you're off to a good start.

mick_jt wrote: »

Now this is the kind of chocolate i could get into :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Ive only just seen this thread & i literally did a cartwheel backwards through a window onto the street. Double-glazing, i hate you.

Here are my thoughts. Lets us pray.

Pink snack bars, tracker bars & those rice crispie bars you can all fcuk off. They're all bluffers. None of them are real choc bars. Except for kitkats, anything with wafer (even typing this word makes me gag) is rubbish, wafer is like a filler, something cheap to bulk up a product. Example, Lion bars? Waaay too much wafer & not enough good stuff. Fail. Anything with raisins....out... I SAID OUT. Milky way?.....a little wimp of a thing, too weak to enjoy. Get yur bags & baggage.

Lets move on, what would i consider a decent chocolate bar? you say, breathing heavily & moaning slightly. For me theres 2 sorts. Choc bar A is a great hunger buster & yummy, Choc bar B is just sexy tastey.

A - Snickers, twix, mars, moro, yorkie, Kitkat, doubledecker, drifter.

B - twirl, flake, Dairymilk (goldencrisp,caramello, mint) choco buttons, nestle caramel, nestle munchies, crunchie.

Yes but whats my favourite? you cry thrusting your thumbs into your eyes & screaming like lambs being slaughtered. At the moment i loikes a crunchie with a glass of milk. Lubberly.

Amen.

mick_jt wrote: »

I prefer an ice cube melted in her gash tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nuts make it good :)

Novella wrote: »
    Nuts make it good :)

Nuts make everything good. ;)

Nuts make everything good. ;)

Salty nuts???

kfallon wrote: »
    Salty nuts???

Is there any other kind?

• Advertisement

Is there any other kind?

You seriously need to get your end away!!!

PM me........ :D:D:D

I am partial to a Bounty bar every now and again, til you spend an hour trying to get the coconut out from between your teeth!

Advertisement