Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do ya think the world will end?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Poverty
    ask Jim Corr, he seems to know a bit about these things! ;)
    I love how everybody takes the piss outta wee Jim. There's a ton more in the Conspiracy Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wagon_repair

Desmond is going to be lowered into the light cave and pull the plug in the light pool then the while place will shake and start going nuts, I thought we all knew this already it was on rte back in may, come on people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

by typing google in to google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm going to be shot by a jealous husband!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I think the biggest threat to life on earth is the exhaustion of our natural resources. I thik the population will increase expontentially and once we have extracted all the goodness from the earth we will eventually all starve to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Alessandra wrote: »
    I think the biggest threat to life on earth is the exhaustion of our natural resources.

Well if people learn to share then we'll last a little longer... Shannon protection agency, I'm talking to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nevore wrote: »
    I was. Great show. :D

Where's the Jesus option anyway? Or does that count as aliens?

I was thinking more of a Zombie Jesus to end the world. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Poverty
    When aids mutates into super aids! But in all honesty, probably a massive asteroid or solar flare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Poverty
    Alessandra wrote: »
    I think the biggest threat to life on earth is the exhaustion of our natural resources. I thik the population will increase expontentially and once we have extracted all the goodness from the earth we will eventually all starve to death.

My thoughts exactly. Over population will wipe us out and we are well on our way.

You only have to look outside to see the traffic, ques and large crowds everywere to see there are too many people on the earth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

How humanity will end, I’d wager it’ll be game over for our current civilization by 2300. We will plod on following our present course using up the worlds resources without a care in the world. During this time global warming will have her merry way with much of the globe making life extremely difficult for much of the world’s population. The world’s population will continue to grow until it reaches about 9-10 billion around the middle of this century where it will remain steady for a short while until beginning to reduce rapidly as pressure for resources begin to take its toll.

During this time there will be increased competition for the dwindling resources, major powers like China, USA, Russia, India and the EU will for increasingly squabble over spheres of influence in the 3rd world waging wars by proxy throughout the region as the international situation worsens. Tensions will also heighten in the Middle East as resources there begin to run out and the West’s interest in the region begins to wane.
    I would imagine that at some stage during this time a tipping point will be reached and all hell will break loose. It will probably be precipitated by a small regional war between two old time enemies like Pakistan Vs India, North Vs South Korea, Israel Vs the rest of the Middle East. This war will probably be nuclear and the rest of the world will be dragged into it in a retarded game of pre-emptive strikes or aggressively protecting their borders. Regardless of the reasons the missiles will fly and we’ll have nuked the planets balls off. I’d say that much of the Northern hemisphere will be ****ed and the (un)lucky survivors there will find it very hard to survive.

Conversely it’ll probably be the world’s kicking boy that comes out the best at this stage, both South America and Africa while clobbered will still be standing. It’ll all depend on what they do then, with a drastically reduced world population there might be enough to go around but more than likely they will fall victim to infighting and power grabs. Civilization will degenerate even further, technological advancement will stop and as the remaining machines break down they cannot be repaired and if they can there will be shortage of readily accessible fuel to power them as it has already been depleted and the know-how to tap the more inaccessible reservoirs is no longer there.

Once all the fighting has blown over and the new status quo has been established the civilization will have returned to subsistence farming as its primary means of support, with an associated drop in life expectancy and population levels. It’ll probably continue like this for a few millennia as there will be no abundant fuel to kick start a new industrial revolution and thus humanity will stagger on until some major calamity, more than likely another drastic change in climate, finally snuffs us out.

But on the other hand I'll have had my fun and that all that matters...

Advertisement