Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I am deliriously happy with the new woman in my life. Sometimes life can be very kind, and tonight I'm aware of how very lucky I am at the moment. Just wanted to share a little bit of soppiness tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

homemade pop tarts le yum......
    theyre stingy feckers with the jam in the pop tart company :P
    :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Pop tart :P Last time I had one, I scalded the mouth of myself when I forgot to let it cool down.

Pop tart :P Last time I had one, I scalded the mouth of myself when I forgot to let it cool down.

amateur mistake! lol.
    ive done that but not recently thankfully!

the homemade ones are very tasty - i wouldnt make them too often though. theyd be too adictive and theyre more filling than your average pop tart. id be the size of a mansion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well you have to spoil yourself on occasion :) Ever consider filling one with chocolate. If you do and don't fancy eating it, just post them to me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I used to love pop tarts, but they stopped doing the range of flavours and now it's only chocolate or strawberry you can get. Booo!

I also never toast them, I think they taste horrible warm. Cold chocolate ones for me every time! Mmmm! Think I'll go buy some shortly!

ive had a friend get some in the US and a sweet shop in london had some US ones last year - the oreo ones are nice. not fussed on the apple cinnimon etc. its strawberry all the way for me. though i used raspberry jam in the ones i made! ill try a few variations - like blueberry and nutella, even peanut butter

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Never had a poptart. I shall sort that problem out ASAP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

avenmore grated cheddar and mozzerella in a bag,
    Reggae-Reggae sauce
    Irish Pride Multi grain (I think) bread.

make a toasty with precisly those ingredients and it'll taste EXACTLY like monster munches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

How does one make a Pop Tart? *intrigued*

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    How does one make a Pop Tart? *intrigued*
    Short crust pastry - ready to roll is easiest.
    Cut into rectangles. A teaspoon or two of jam in the middle. Put a same size pastry piece on top and press the edges as you would a pie. Glaze the top with egg or milk. Pop in the oven on 180 for 10-15 mins. Don't try to remove them from the baking tray till they solidify. When they cool down put some icing on (the usual kind that comes in a powder - with lemon juice)
    Etc voila. Suited for the toaster. Yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

What do people think of this:

What would people say to gathering up a pile of coming out story of lgbt people in Ireland and publishing them in a book.

Has anything like this been done before in Ireland?

Maybe we could organise it right here on boards.ie. Proceeds could go to some lgbt charity (???) or something like that.

Just something I thought of there.

What would people say to gathering up a pile of coming out story of lgbt people in Ireland and publishing them in a book.

Maybe we could organise it right here on boards.ie. Proceeds could go to some lgbt charity (???) or something like that.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73953161

;)

ARRGGHHHH!!

I hate when I come up with ingenious ideas only to find out they're already there.

:(

My young pigeon. I'm actually working on an entirely different book at the moment. The above mentioned in the other thread hasn't seen any head way yet so we could still go with it.

My young pigeon. I'm actually working on an entirely different book at the moment. The above mentioned in the other thread hasn't seen any head way yet so we could still go with it.

Seeing as you're now a mod, maybe you could make that thread into a sticky, then add some sort of an announcement above the forum about the thread followed by retitling of said thread to something like "**SUBMISSIONS NEEDED** BOOK IDEA - Coming Out Stories"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/185607904X/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Omg, it even has a fancy cover and everything, damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Seeing as you're now a mod, maybe you could make that thread into a sticky, then add some sort of an announcement above the forum about the thread followed by retitling of said thread to something like "**SUBMISSIONS NEEDED** BOOK IDEA - Coming Out Stories"

I don't agree with creating too many stickies. They clutter the forum and then people stop looking at them.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Hello. Bit of a random one, but what's it like being gay in Ireland today? I would have assumed we're a fairly liberal, open country at this stage and that there was no real issue around it, barring individual morons of course. But i was speaking to a fella i know in Newry and he was saying he has noticed a lot of changed attitudes towards him since he came out, even from close friends who had never expressed any outward homophobia.
    So, in general terms, is it alright?

• Advertisement

Hello. Bit of a random one, but what's it like being gay in Ireland today? I would have assumed we're a fairly liberal, open country at this stage and that there was no real issue around it, barring individual morons of course. But i was speaking to a fella i know in Newry and he was saying he has noticed a lot of changed attitudes towards him since he came out, even from close friends who had never expressed any outward homophobia.

I would say it depends on your age. I'm not out yet, but knowing a few people who are that's the impression I'm getting. In general, I'd say, people under 30 are a lot less homophobia nowadays than people over 30. Casual homophobia seems to be still quite endemic though.

I would say it depends on your age. I'm not out yet, but knowing a few people who are that's the impression I'm getting. In general, I'd say, people under 30 are a lot less homophobia nowadays than people over 30. Casual homophobia seems to be still quite endemic though.

what do you mean by casual homophobia? Like people using words like gay and queer as slang for something that's crap?

what do you mean by casual homophobia? Like people using words like gay and queer as slang for something that's crap?

Well yeah but sometimes more specific like calling people queer or fags, like "that faggot" or "that queer". That's the kinda casual homophobia I'm talking about.

I've read that and alot has changed in 10 years in terms of law, proposed legislation and support.

I suppose you can legislate all you want but peoples minds and attitudes will invariably only change over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Personally I also find a difference between North and South. The North, imo is more conservative and I find that with more "good living" people here, they have a significant influence on the attitudes towards LGBT folk.

yay - netflix on the tablet:D

last night - for sh*ts (har har) and giggles i made unicorn poo.
    basically theyre baileys flavoured cookies - rainbow coloured and sparkly (cos unicorns crap sparkly ranbow poo dontchaknow)

ah the joys of occasionally finding it within oneself to be random :pac:

My cockatiel died today. 9 years old. Barney was a very happy bird always singing. I used to keep hamsters. I much prefer birds. Partly because a bird nip hurts less than a hamster bite when training them! Unless you have an actual parrot. Too much work and thry need too much space!
    Anyone else got a bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Awww, sorry to hear that Nyan. :(

• Advertisement

Advertisement