Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you do much in the evenings?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I'd like to start a similar thread. what do people who have kids do in the evenings. i reckon it would be a lot different to what ive just read. xbox and pilates me arse.

I have three small kids and no extended family around to pick up the slack...the OH and I literally divide up the weekday nights and fight like dogs with a bone over the remaining scraps of free time. He does martial arts and meditation on Mondays and Fridays, I rollerskate and dance on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Saturday he plays football and Sunday I rollerskate. Sometimes we talk to each other on a Thursday night if his mates don't want to come round to play pool....the life I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    I'd like to start a similar thread. what do people who have kids do in the evenings. i reckon it would be a lot different to what ive just read. xbox and pilates me arse.

I have three small kids and no extended family around to pick up the slack...the OH and I literally divide up the weekday nights and fight like dogs with a bone over the remaining scraps of free time. He does martial arts and meditation on Mondays and Fridays, I rollerskate and dance on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Saturday he plays football and Sunday I rollerskate. Sometimes we talk to each other on a Thursday night if his mates don't want to come round to play pool....the life I tells ya!

roller skate?do you wear really tight white pants and a glittery top? lol just kidding.
    i can see why you would argue yes. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Usually movie, sex, snooze. Not necessarily in that order. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Usually...

- Come home, chill for an hour
    - Decide if I'm hungry enough to make something as I had lunch/dinner in work
    - Watch TV / spend too much time on Boards, MSN etc
    - Kick myself for not making something to eat - possibly order takeaway if its not half 9/10ish yet
    - Tell myself I should get an early night tonight
    - Bed at 1/2am when I'm up for 7

Nobody's trying to look interesting here buddy, what's you're problem?

Ah heyer leave it ouh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Does anybody here live on their own? I'd be interested to know what you do with your time/how you motivate yourself.

I moved into an apt. on my own and largely like it and def don't want to go back to moving in with family/ living with strangers, but I find when I'm not filling up my time with loads of things it's hard to sit in in the flat on your own. So I make myself as busy as possible. Anyone relate to this or what do ye do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I work every weekday evening. :(

On the plus side, I have almost my entire day free some days, so I use that time wisely, sending applications for dream jobs, working on my languages, updating my blog, cooking etc. I feel a lot more productive than when I was doing a 9-5 job.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Weekdays I come home from work, have dinner, watch Come Dine With Me, try exercise (mostly unsuccessfully) then make lunch for the next day, browse internet, read and bed. There isn't much to do where I live in the evenings

Advertisement