Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quad core android box 2gb ram

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

thelynchs wrote: »
    Have to say being a "newbie" to both media box's and XBMC I'm really learning alot from this thread so thanks Boardsies.....I had problems with add-ons, repositories etc had to do a reinstall at one stage, but i found a nut job on youtube ( JoeNobody010101 ) you have to see this dude, anyway, theres an addon -TotalXBMC and it cointains within it, EVERY add-on. So no more googling, youtubing etc or separate installs, it does it all for you with one click. Never came across it before ( apologies to those this is old news too )Hope this helps !

Is this the guy with the Boston accent, who spreads the F word liberally through his video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 thelynchs

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Is this the guy with the Boston accent, who spreads the F word liberally through his video?

Thats the very nut job Marhay70, clearly bonkers, but has some great ideas for addons, and this one is by far his best - " hit at em "

Have to say being a "newbie" to both media box's and XBMC I'm really learning alot from this thread so thanks Boardsies.....I had problems with add-ons, repositories etc had to do a reinstall at one stage, but i found a nut job on youtube ( JoeNobody010101 ) you have to see this dude, anyway, theres an addon -TotalXBMC and it cointains within it, EVERY add-on. So no more googling, youtubing etc or separate installs, it does it all for you with one click. Never came across it before ( apologies to those this is old news too )Hope this helps !

Thats the very nut job Marhay70, clearly bonkers, but has some great ideas for addons, and this one is by far his best - " hit at em "

Yeah, I couldn't figure out for ages what he was saying. I think he's actually saying "hit enter"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 thelynchs

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Yeah, I couldn't figure out for ages what he was saying. I think he's actually saying "hit enter"

HeHeHe.....he does make me laugh, but more importantly, makes my XBMC work better !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

micks wrote: »
    Got it http://www.amazon.co.uk/OnceAll-CS918-Android-RK3188-Smart/dp/B00E0ZOUDO/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A20CFZ45Y3D874

I'll be getting one or two more
    I paid extra - £7.99 for 24hr delivery

havent used it much just yesterday for a fe hrs messing around with it

No popcorn yet

Comes wit XBMC loaded and some wizards from http://www.androidsticks.co.uk/
    which add add-ons to XBMC (no sure of the version)

very happy so far

someone else asked about TV Now - no comparison

How's this box running for you since mick?

Got it http://www.amazon.co.uk/OnceAll-CS918-Android-RK3188-Smart/dp/B00E0ZOUDO/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A20CFZ45Y3D874

No popcorn yet

very happy so far

How's this box running for you since mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rudekid

Grabbed a Walker Quadcore box in Powercity last week. Works great with Showbox and XBMC. Even managed to get Navi-x on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭skydish79

No popcorn yet

very happy so far

Hi just got one of these boxes, the wizard is on it, just wondering is there a way of saving or backing up the wizard in case something goes wrong

Got one of these yolk yesterday... havent a notion how to do stuff on it... any one any tips??? :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Got one of these yolk yesterday... havent a notion how to do stuff on it... any one any tips??? :eek::eek::eek:

Look up a youtube account by Vdubt25. I found that useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

gazzaman22 wrote: »

go to tvaddons.ag download android version- job done :)

Why does this screen keep popping upon my box see attached... it pops up every minute or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Mine has been stuck in GBLALA since 17th Nov.... Any idea how long it takes to be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Has anyone else got the walker box? Is it any good?

Got my box... very pleased with it..... Now if I can get a stable UPC signal...

Anyway, one point is how crap the remote it, anyone got any suggestions regarding a good alternative

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Got my box... very pleased with it..... Now if I can get a stable UPC signal...

Anyway, one point is how crap the remote it, anyone got any suggestions regarding a good alternative

Yeah the remote is pure crap... I had a wireless mouse and keyboard so i'm using that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Ordered the Logitech K400 wireless touch - comes highly recommended on the Android box thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

If you've a Rockchip box download the RKremote app onto your android phone and you can the use your phone as a remote.

http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/RK_Remote_Control

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote:
    If you've a Rockchip box download the RKremote app onto your android phone and you can the use your phone as a remote.

Thanks a million.... great app, and saves me 20 plus euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Just picked one of these from amazon along with along with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Decided that was a better option than an air mouse and got free one day shipping with a trial of prime :D Fiddled around with XMBC for 15 mins last night on my laptop and all the videos I tried didnt work.I'll have another go tonight.

the air mouse/control is a must for these boxes,

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Air mouse or wireless keyboard/mouse? €20 in the difference for the keyboard...

Which is better though?

deadlast wrote: »
    Which is better though?

i can only comment on the fly mouse i have, it has a mini keyboard on the back of it, only for it using the box would be a pain.

I just got this in the post this morning. I got it here -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F6W3GTO/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

But I don't think I got F10 fly air mouse that was supposed to be included, I think I just got the standard remote.
    If the F10 was included would the standard remote also be included or is that replaced by the F10

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

peadar76 wrote: »

But I don't think I got F10 fly air mouse that was supposed to be included, I think I just got the standard remote.
    If the F10 was included would the standard remote also be included or is that replaced by the F10

You should have got the f10 contact the seller and tell them to send it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So what seller ships from the UK for this box? All the one's I can see are dispatched from china.

Thanks.

Anyone got any advice for setting this up? Or is it straight forward? Any snags I should look out for?

Got my box but like others, no air mouse....have contacted seller.

I'm trying to add Fusion following this link http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

But when I get to step 4 I can't type using the onscreen keyboard with the remote...anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What phone have you got? If android download yatse it's an Xbmc remote you can then use your phone keyboard.

When i had a iPhone rowmote was an app that did the same.

You'll need to the box's ip address and input it to the apps handy enough.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What phone have you got? If android download yatse it's an Xbmc remote you can then use your phone keyboard.

I've an iphone...
    I think I'll bring it to work and plug a keyboard in....will that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Oh nice one on the heads up with yatse just set it up there its absolutely brilliant

Anyone get 4od working on this? It keeps telling me to restart the device and try again when I try to play something...

I had a quick play around with this last night. So far so good. Although the remote would wreck your head.

How is it powered off? Is it meant to be left on standby all the time?

I had a quick play around with this last night. So far so good. Although the remote would wreck your head.

How is it powered off? Is it meant to be left on standby all the time?

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this from those of you that have this box. Am I missing something simple? From the screen there is the option of putting it on standby or rebooting. But how is it shutdown completely? I understand it is probably best to leave it on standby most of the time. But I want to move it to a different room. Do I just plug it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this from those of you that have this box. Am I missing something simple? From the screen there is the option of putting it on standby or rebooting. But how is it shutdown completely? I understand it is probably best to leave it on standby most of the time. But I want to move it to a different room. Do I just plug it out?

There is no shutdown, just plug it out yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone know where to get a decent length HDMI cable (its a mini connection on one end) for this in a bricks and mortar shop for cheap? The one included was tiny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

styron wrote: »
    Ordered the Logitech K400 wireless touch - comes highly recommended on the Android box thread.

For anyone thinking of purchasing this, PC World are selling them at €37 in black or white. Its a great piece of kit.

Link

How do I up the quality of the YouTube videos, they're not up to the quality of my upc box when playing the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

How long did it take?
    Did you have to pay duties?
    tx

Advertisement