Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Bluetooth Soundbar

Options
  • 14-12-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Is this worth the money, has anyone come across this deal before?
    Aldi Bluetooth Soundbar

W5113_PD_Sunday_UK16.jpg

As i'm looking to see if it will accompany this
    DVD Multi-Media Micro System With iPod Dock

I got in Aldi a good while ago, but is only connected thru the satellite, but would like to see if i can connect it to the blu ray player, as i got an optical cable to connect both of them, but no difference out of it, unless i'm doing something wrong with it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thanks for this! Will try to get one tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Was thinking of possibly getting this as well as a Christmas gift. Use it with the 10 euro aldi voucher maybe.

Just wondering as well if it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Good luck getting this tomorrow, they might have very few in stock per store!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

What watt what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Was thinking of possibly getting this as well as a Christmas gift. Use it with the 10 euro aldi voucher maybe.

Just wondering as well if it's any good.

Where did you get the 10 euro voucher? I dont know if its any good, but i saw some guy posted this in the Home Entertainment forum four days ago & didnt get a reply :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Where did you get the 10 euro voucher? I dont know if its any good, but i saw some guy posted this in the Home Entertainment forum four days ago & didnt get a reply :(

Now that i think of it it may well be a Lidl voucher :D
    I have it in my car and i'll check them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Vouchers were on last weeks Sunday Indo and Sunday World the previous week

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

looks similar to one of these 2, 20w or 50w goodmans, amazon would suggest 50w
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodmans-20W-Bluetooth-Soundbar-Remote-Control-use-with-TV-TABLETS-ANDROID-/131065222170?clk_rvr_id=560674308018
    or
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DY4KO8W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

picture of it here with same sort of remote
    http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/misc-sound/goodmans-gdsb04bt50-50w-2-1-channel-sound-bar-with-bluetooth-connectiv-re1739

but the fact it says 2.0 sound system on aldi page would suggest no sub woofer and just the 2x10w version, no 30w sub woofer

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Vouchers were on last weeks Sunday Indo and Sunday World the previous week

Was it in the paper or the pullout called Talking Cents from the 1st Dec as all i can see is 30% off vouchers?
    looks similar to one of these 2, 20w or 50w goodmans, amazon would suggest 50w
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodmans-20W-Bluetooth-Soundbar-Remote-Control-use-with-TV-TABLETS-ANDROID-/131065222170?clk_rvr_id=560674308018
    or
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DY4KO8W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

picture of it here with same sort of remote
    http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/misc-sound/goodmans-gdsb04bt50-50w-2-1-channel-sound-bar-with-bluetooth-connectiv-re1739

but the fact it says 2.0 sound system on aldi page would suggest no sub woofer and just the 2x10w version, no 30w sub woofer

They do look similar apart from the 2.0 sound system, i wonder what connections it has?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

2.0.....dont waste your money

• Advertisement

Got it hooked up after watching the football, great looking but no sound coming out of it?
    Checked the settings for Sound in the tv = rca cables going into tv optical cable going into blu-ray player & sound already set at default for PCM, but no change?

What's goin on?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Have a gander at this item. I saw it in Power City yesterday.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=20-20-LX809

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got one today(none on display in Blanch or Navan,asked in Navan an had none, the Da was out and asked in Blanch and they had some in the warehouse)

For €50 you cant go wrong, its not only Bluetooth, there is the usual red and white wires or headphone to headphone connection, with wires for both included

A bit to big to fit on the tv stand with the tv we have(its an oldish panasonic with the legs of the stand at the front),but comes with wall brackets and both wires are long enough to put it on the floor

Again for €50(with a three year warranty) and for those who don't want to go down the old amp two big speakers route you cant go wrong, plus as said before anything is better than only the tv speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Roughly how long is it?

matchthis wrote: »
    Roughly how long is it?

Just over two and a half foot

Got it hooked up after watching the football, great looking but no sound coming out of it?
    Checked the settings for Sound in the tv = rca cables going into tv optical cable going into blu-ray player & sound already set at default for PCM, but no change?

What's goin on?

Did you get sound out of it ?

jeffk wrote: »
    Did you get sound out of it ?

Not yet, but must be something simple wrong with it, as mentioned in my earlier post its connected to the tv & hi-fi & its meant to accompany my entertainment system!
    The only thing it does now at moment is turn on the hi-fi when i press the power button on the soundbar remote, but still hear nothing out of it, i keep meaning to ring up the CService, but when i get free time i will soon.

How did you get on?

Not yet, but must be something simple wrong with it, as mentioned in my earlier post its connected to the tv & hi-fi & its meant to accompany my entertainment system!
    The only thing it does now at moment is turn on the hi-fi when i press the power button on the soundbar remote, but still hear nothing out of it, i keep meaning to ring up the CService, but when i get free time i will soon.

How did you get on?

All i done was connect the red and white wire to audio out on the TV and then into the back of the sound-bar , then I figured out the white button/aux is the one for that connection, I don't think it makes a difference if you have the straight or angled connections in the sound-bar

Did you try different source buttons or even use the headphone to headphone wire into the side of the sound-bar?,also the have the volume high on the sound-bar itself to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

There was one of these left last night in the newer Aldi in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

3 left in listowel at 3pm today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

How did you get on?

had to return mine as i got no sound from it either.

garrkell wrote: »
    had to return mine as i got no sound from it either.

Did you get another one and it worked ok?

jeffk wrote: »
    Did you get another one and it worked ok?

they didnt have anymore so i just got a refund.

Thats a pity

Looking like it could be the same for me, if there's none left in mine, but strange on how it turns on the hifi on even though its not connected to it when pressing the power button

Looking like it could be the same for me, if there's none left in mine, but strange on how it turns on the hifi on even though its not connected to it when pressing the power button

it wouldnt work with the tv. but i had the bluetooth working for about 10 mins and then it just stopped working. pure junk. i didnt want a new one.

One or two don't work so its "pure junk", its €50 covered for three years and they will take it back and replace or refund it hassle free.

I have a TV from lidl years working great , like any electrical product some of them go wrong,just because its cheap and not a named product doesn't mean its junk or destined to break

Like someone said in the Eircom eFibre forum, its easier to come on and post moaning or having a go then giving credit!

I hope there's another one in the store, as its good for the price as the hifi is from Aldi as well.

I exchanged it for another one & the same thing happened again as no sound from the tv?
    So i took out the same rca cables (red+white) out of the satellite connected to the hifi & connected the same cable from the soundbar to the satellite & there was sound :)
    But now it makes my hifi redundant :( & i've even connected the hifi to the tv, just to make sure, but there was no sound either?

What could be the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I exchanged it for another one & the same thing happened again as no sound from the tv?
    So i took out the same rca cables (red+white) out of the satellite connected to the hifi & connected the same cable from the soundbar to the satellite & there was sound :)
    But now it makes my hifi redundant :( & i've even connected the hifi to the tv, just to make sure, but there was no sound either?

What could be the problem?

Did you connect the TV to the HIFI and there was sound or did you connect the soundbar to the hifi and there was sound?

I'm probably being stupid here but are the holes you are connecting to the TV with input only? As in Red,white and a yellow one not used? My TV says AV IN for those. Did you get a lead that plugs into the earphone socket? Or does your TV have an Audio only jack?

Don't bite my head off if I am being stupid!

Advertisement