Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quad core android box 2gb ram

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Anyone got any advice for setting this up? Or is it straight forward? Any snags I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Got my box but like others, no air mouse....have contacted seller.

I'm trying to add Fusion following this link http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

But when I get to step 4 I can't type using the onscreen keyboard with the remote...anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What phone have you got? If android download yatse it's an Xbmc remote you can then use your phone keyboard.

When i had a iPhone rowmote was an app that did the same.

You'll need to the box's ip address and input it to the apps handy enough.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What phone have you got? If android download yatse it's an Xbmc remote you can then use your phone keyboard.

I've an iphone...
    I think I'll bring it to work and plug a keyboard in....will that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Oh nice one on the heads up with yatse just set it up there its absolutely brilliant

Anyone get 4od working on this? It keeps telling me to restart the device and try again when I try to play something...

I had a quick play around with this last night. So far so good. Although the remote would wreck your head.

How is it powered off? Is it meant to be left on standby all the time?

peadar76 wrote: »
    I had a quick play around with this last night. So far so good. Although the remote would wreck your head.

How is it powered off? Is it meant to be left on standby all the time?

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this from those of you that have this box. Am I missing something simple? From the screen there is the option of putting it on standby or rebooting. But how is it shutdown completely? I understand it is probably best to leave it on standby most of the time. But I want to move it to a different room. Do I just plug it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this from those of you that have this box. Am I missing something simple? From the screen there is the option of putting it on standby or rebooting. But how is it shutdown completely? I understand it is probably best to leave it on standby most of the time. But I want to move it to a different room. Do I just plug it out?

There is no shutdown, just plug it out yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone know where to get a decent length HDMI cable (its a mini connection on one end) for this in a bricks and mortar shop for cheap? The one included was tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

styron wrote: »
    Ordered the Logitech K400 wireless touch - comes highly recommended on the Android box thread.

For anyone thinking of purchasing this, PC World are selling them at €37 in black or white. Its a great piece of kit.

Link

How do I up the quality of the YouTube videos, they're not up to the quality of my upc box when playing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I just got this in the post this morning. I got it here -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F6W3GTO/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

How long did it take?
    Did you have to pay duties?
    tx

Advertisement