Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age did you have your first girlfriend/boyfriend?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Was 12 going on 13, stayed with him for a few months but some immature fools from our school kept following me home throwing bottles of coke and stones and stuff at me saying that I wasn't good enough and I was a freak and blah blah blah. I broke up with him out of fear and distress. Years later I talked to him properly about it. Apparently he had no idea those guys did that and I had assumed he had. Young relationships rarely work out for a variety of reasons but my experiences have showed me that its mostly the fault of outsiders when they break down.
    Now I'm going on 19 and after a string of crappy relationships I settled down with my current partner. We've been together almost 3 years and its the happiest I've ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

was bout 14 stayed together for 3 years
    popped the cherry 2 years in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I was 16 and it lasted all of about 5 months. It was his first relationship too. He was a friend beforehand and still one of my best friends now. A nice experience but all terribly innocent. :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Started messing around with girls around 13 first serious girlfriend was not till i was 18 and im still with her 6 years later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead was probably about 12 when he had his first girlfriend. She was from the Cayman Islands and she had silky black hair down to the small of her back. Lovely looking girl but she had a good few annoying traits including greed, smelly feet and the fact that she was imaginary.

Had first real life girlfriend about two years later. She was lovely but the fact that she came from Ardee rather than the Cayman Islands put Pighead right off her. The fact she was from Ardee meant that Pighead would have had to spend some time in Ardee if he wanted to continue seeing the girl. Was never ever going to happen.

It's so weird! So many people on Boards are from Ardee!

Anyway, mine was like a month and a few weeks ago. He's great and I can see us together for a long time :) I'm 15 and a half by the way. So glad I didn't rush into stupid, meaningless relationships when I was younger. Worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nettie wrote: »
    It's so weird! So many people on Boards are from Ardee!

Anyway, mine was like a month and a few weeks ago. He's great and I can see us together for a long time :)I'm 15 and a half by the way. So glad I didn't rush into stupid, meaningless relationships when I was younger. Worth the wait.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Wait?Younger?Long time?Youre 15!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

I have had boyfriends since I was 14 I think. The early ones were the most fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Wait?Younger?Long time?Youre 15!

Yeah, I know I'm young! But I can see us together for a good while. Not just being one of those annoying teenagers who think they know everything about life. And if you think I am, I don't really care :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Nettie wrote: »
    Yeah, I know I'm young! But I can see us together for a good while. Not just being one of those annoying teenagers who think they know everything about life. And if you think I am, I don't really care :L

Yeah, all teenagers are horrible and annoying and think they know everything. I can't stand them...

wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

15 I think.

Tom, this is one of the very few serious things I will say on AH.

F*ck relationships, I can't stand them and most people in them. Relationships are put on a pedastal far above any other form of bond and I have no idea why. Sex isn't difficult to get, and companionship in the form of friendship is better anyway. The idea of being dependent so much on one person is ridiculous. The only person I depend on that much is the skipper when I'm at work. Look at all the PI threads along the lines of 'Oh my god I saw my ex, I want to die, my life is ****' or 'He is a psycho, but I am sooo in love with him'. Do you want to be like that?

The amount of friends I've had who f*cked off with girls/boys and then come crawling back six months later, only to be told 'I'm busy, thanks'.

Do you really want that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

eh... 17, in or around that. Went for about a year and a half I think, far too long anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

The first girlfriend that I actually kissed/snogged, that would put me at 12.
    The relationship lasted 2 weeks, then I stopped calling for her :o

Actually just found out I had a girlfriend when i was 3 years old!! She broke my heart!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

19, only with her 3ish weeks now. We're already getting on everyones nerves, the lads are flippin out sayin I never wanna hang out any more.. her best mates got SEEEEEEERIOUS cockblocking / jealousy issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I was about 12... lasted 5 days :P She was from the north and we were on holidays... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Was 17. Lasted nearly 2 years. The fact that we were both wasted when we met probably wasn't a good start.:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Never had a serious GF during secondary school but went out with girls "for the night" kind of thing, then started college and was really enjoying it, 6 months in i started going serious with a girl, it lasted 3 years, nearly my whole college life. What a fecking fool i was:rolleyes:

My advice to my younger self would be dont date anyone in school and college, you miss too much and there's plenty of time after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Lasted about a year and half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Senna wrote: »
    Never had a serious GF during secondary school but went out with girls "for the night" kind of thing, then started college and was really enjoying it, 6 months in i started going serious with a girl, it lasted 3 years, nearly my whole college life. What a fecking fool i was:rolleyes:

My advice to my younger self would be dont date anyone in school and college, you miss too much and there's plenty of time after.

Same thing happend me, she broke up with me during my final week of college!! missed 3 years of single college life, gutted! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Pighead wrote: »
    A nanosecond is a long time to spend in Ardee. Going there reminds Pighead of the film "The Champ". They both make him cry uncontrollably.

Have you made all 7,615 of your posts in the third person? Because thats such a disturbing amount of time to dedicate to being a (albeit sometimes very humorous) know-it-all that you'll never get a girlfriend if you have :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    19, only with her 3ish weeks now. We're already getting on everyones nerves, the lads are flippin out sayin I never wanna hang out any more.. her best mates got SEEEEEEERIOUS cockblocking / jealousy issues.

They do dont they, I lost all my mates for a while over a bird!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

14 for about a year, doesnt count.

1st serious one was 18, for 3 years. single now, not really looking after the shyte that went on towards the end of that. dont wanna jump into things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

23 and still haven't been near a girl for more than 1 hour. FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Lasted 6 months, nothing much really happened...
    Spend first half hanging around places doing nothing.
    Spend second half annoyed and pissed off with one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

I was about 12... lasted 5 days :P She was from the north and we were on holidays... :)

Sorry about that

I was 11 he was 43

still think about him when i show my penis in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Sorry about that

I was 11 he was 43

still think about him when i show my penis in public

Thats all kinds of wrong!

Advertisement