Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pearl jam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

PauloConn wrote: »
    Is the Milton Keynes gig an all day session? Did i see that doors open at 2? Giving it some serious consideration here.

Yes, doors at 2pm.
    Praying for decent weather, or at the least a dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, thought it was an evening thing as always. Looks like a good one and could get over for cheap enough.... considering they aren't playing ireland

PauloConn wrote: »
    Yeah, thought it was an evening thing as always. Looks like a good one and could get over for cheap enough.... considering they aren't playing ireland

Got Cork-Heathrow for 100 and Jurys Milton Keynes for 75 early enough.
    A night in Dublin would cost me more by the time I add in travel.

Never seen them outdoors so looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

david75 wrote: »
    Black rebel motorcycle club announced as support for the Milton Keynes show.

Devastated ill be missing that.
    Lol. Me hole. They're sh!te:)
    Pearl Jam and BRMC seems like an odd pairing. The first BRMC album is a classic, after that they failed to live up to it's promise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

BRMC have given Pj a very dismissive holier than thou hard time in times past. Most recently when McCready was spotted wearing a Tshirt of theirs that was fanmade/bootleg merchandise.
    It's an extremely odd pairing but down to the promoter more than Pj picking them by most accounts.
    It's festival season so it seems they're having trouble finding acts.

For anyone considering going, the livenation promoter has tweeted to say Pj will be playing an extra long 3 hour set.
    Take from that what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Nothing new in a 3 hour set. They've done a couple of 'evening with' gigs in the last couple of years that were extra long. Im sure they dont want to get too many support acts and ticket sales might be tough seeing as its the week after both sonisphere and the sabbath gig! fingers crossed its sunny though :)

Tryin to think out of all the shows I've seen which was longest.
    Think we got 33 songs in Brooklyn in October last?
    That might be it. And the set flew by too. Didn't feel that long.

Just checked my iPod. Says the show was 172 minutes. Close as to three hours as makes no difference.
    Not sure if that was the norm for the tour but with the new sitdown setup/almost acoustic section in the encore it might be

Just over a month to go until Amsterdam, as usual the months up to a PJ Euro tour are flying by. I still have to book my flights from Rome to Trieste and back, so therefore am as much nervous as excited about the forthcoming tour. Must pull the finger out in the next few days and get those booked.

It's a shame the 10c tickets are non-transferable. Because of work, I might not get to go to the Leeds gig and I know people who would love to take the tickets, but because of the non-transferable policy these tickets will be just sitting unused unless I make it to the gig.

Anyway, for those attending any of these shows what song(s) are you hoping to hear? I've been to about 15 shows and have yet to hear Brain of J, You Are or Sad so those are the 3 off the top of my head that I hope to hear.

Looking forward to Lightning Bolt material also, hopefully they'll open with Pendulum at one or two of the shows.

stankratz wrote: »
    Just over a month to go until Amsterdam, as usual the months up to a PJ Euro tour are flying by. I still have to book my flights from Rome to Trieste and back, so therefore am as much nervous as excited about the forthcoming tour. Must pull the finger out in the next few days and get those booked.

It's a shame the 10c tickets are non-transferable. Because of work, I might not get to go to the Leeds gig and I know people who would love to take the tickets, but because of the non-transferable policy these tickets will be just sitting unused unless I make it to the gig.

Anyway, for those attending any of these shows what song(s) are you hoping to hear? I've been to about 15 shows and have yet to hear Brain of J, You Are or Sad so those are the 3 off the top of my head that I hope to hear.

Looking forward to Lightning Bolt material also, hopefully they'll open with Pendulum at one or two of the shows.

If you're selling the tickets to someone you trust then lend them an ID as well.
    From what I've seen in the past, same sex and skin colour has been enough to pickup tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only seeing them at Werchter, would love to hear Release, Off she Goes, Blood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Did anybody else notice that in this months Tenclub mail it said that with the exception of Milton Keynes and the festivals they are doing all other gigs are an "Evening with Pearl Jam",meaning no support acts!! Bloody brilliant.

Everything booked and sorted for my 2 trips,seriously in countdown mode now
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Did anybody else notice that in this months Tenclub mail it said that with the exception of Milton Keynes and the festivals they are doing all other gigs are an "Evening with Pearl Jam",meaning no support acts!! Bloody brilliant.

Everything booked and sorted for my 2 trips,seriously in countdown mode now
    !

Ah sweet I hadn't noticed that. Going to see them in the San Siro.

Do you think Eddie will do an acoustic preset then generally maybe?

I suppose it's likely he would do that,or just a mammoth long PJ set!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 romo97

Black rebel motor cycle club supporting PJ at milton keynes and mudhoney ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oh yey!

vomit

lotta the record shops in town selling bootleg PJ vinyl..Yield(white vinyl) Avocado(blue vinyl) eddies ukulele songs(green vinyl)
    just be aware if you see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I saw BRMC at a gig about 11 years ago supporting Lost Prophets and Andrew WK and remember hating them. Then again, I was at a Lost Prophets, Andrew WK gig so what did I know back then. A lot of the talk on 10c is positive about them. They any use at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

NothingMan wrote: »
    I saw BRMC at a gig about 11 years ago supporting Lost Prophets and Andrew WK and remember hating them. Then again, I was at a Lost Prophets, Andrew WK gig so what did I know back then. A lot of the talk on 10c is positive about them. They any use at all?

Saw them play at the Academy last year and they were awful. Not sure if it was their fault or the venue but I was very surprised when I heard they were supporting PJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I saw BRMC at oxegen a few years ago. They were decent live. Far better than Idlewild and Paddy Casey as the opening acts I saw at PJ

Jaysus, only 27 days till first gig in the Dam!! Hurry,hurry,hurry!!

• Advertisement

I saw BRMC at oxegen a few years ago. They were decent live. Far better than Idlewild and Paddy Casey as the opening acts I saw at PJ

Ha, I love Idlewild though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ive heard mixed reviews of BRMC live but when i seen them at EP this year i really liked them but then again i had nothing to compare it too

Idlewild are great...or were great when they were a band.

This is a cool compilation of the Lightning bolt songs, live..well worth a listen to get you excited for the tour :)
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!eg4AxRLb!R3CJKCWc6UZ4r2ezP7H34Q

One week until I fly out to the Dam, can't fúcking wait. However a major spanner has been thrown in the works with the threatened Aer Lingus strike. Some good friends of mine are due to fly out on the 16th and back on the 18th, and now their PJ dream is currently up in the air.

I am absolutely sick for them. It could just as easily have been the dates of my flights that the strike is due to take place. After I see out my current booked flights I will not be using Aer Lingus again, way too unpredictable with the strike action which happens every now and again. I'll be delighted just to be at the gigs, but it won't be the same at all if my friends aren't there to share the experience.

Anyway, opener predictions for Amsterdam??

Night 1: Pendulum.
    Night 2: Interstellar/Corduroy.

One week until I fly out to the Dam, can't fúcking wait. However a major spanner has been thrown in the works with the threatened Aer Lingus strike. Some good friends of mine are due to fly out on the 16th and back on the 18th, and now their PJ dream is currently up in the air.

I am absolutely sick for them. It could just as easily have been the dates of my flights that the strike is due to take place. After I see out my current booked flights I will not be using Aer Lingus again, way too unpredictable with the strike action which happens every now and again. I'll be delighted just to be at the gigs, but it won't be the same at all if my friends aren't there to share the experience.

Anyway, opener predictions for Amsterdam??

Night 1: Pendulum.
    Night 2: Interstellar/Corduroy.

Fcuking Aer Lingus. We're flying to the Dam on the 15th and back the 18th. We're lucky enough I suppose in so far as at least we'll get over hassle free and after all the Dam isn't the worst place in the world to have to spend an extra day!!

Really can't wait for it now,got my Tenclub confirmation emails for the Dam and Milton Keynes this morning,felt like a kid on Crimbo morning!!

Fcuking Aer Lingus. We're flying to the Dam on the 15th and back the 18th. We're lucky enough I suppose in so far as at least we'll get over hassle free and after all the Dam isn't the worst place in the world to have to spend an extra day!!

Really can't wait for it now,got my Tenclub confirmation emails for the Dam and Milton Keynes this morning,felt like a kid on Crimbo morning!!

That is a disaster with the flights, but as you said at least you know your flight to Amsterdam isn't affected and there are worst places in the world to have to spend an extra day in!

Got major tingles when I saw my 10c confirmation emails there as well, kinda like "ok, this is really happening!" Unfortunately though one of the gigs I was due to attend, Trieste, is now a non-runner for me for personal reasons. The thoughts of 2 10c tickets going uncollected and unused that day will be a downer.

But apart from that, I will be in Amsterdam x2, Berlin and Leeds so that'll soften the blow somewhat. :pac:

I didn't get 10c tickets for MK as I didn't think I was going. Is it early entry or straight up pit passes do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

Just wondering has anyway had dealings on get tickets on the day, got my tickets sorted for next Monday in Amsterdam ages ago but was hoping to get tickets for the Tuesday now as well.

• Advertisement

I didn't get 10c tickets for MK as I didn't think I was going. Is it early entry or straight up pit passes do you know?

10C for Milton Keynes is early entry, 13:40 instead of 14:00 GA... I won't even make it there until 3pm so useless to me...

10C for Milton Keynes is early entry, 13:40 instead of 14:00 GA... I won't even make it there until 3pm so useless to me...

That may or may not make a difference depending on how it's done. Will there be a pit? If so do you get a band and cone and go or if you leave would you need to queue again festival style? Perhaps 10c tickets will have a band anyway... really just wanna know if it's worth going in early to get a band or not. If there's no band I've no intention of hanging around the front all day so ill just enjoy from afar and maybe get as close as comfortable for pearl jam.

That may or may not make a difference depending on how it's done. Will there be a pit? If so do you get a band and cone and go or if you leave would you need to queue again festival style? Perhaps 10c tickets will have a band anyway... really just wanna know if it's worth going in early to get a band or not. If there's no band I've no intention of hanging around the front all day so ill just enjoy from afar and maybe get as close as comfortable for pearl jam.

Email said we will get a 10C wrist band which will allow entry 20 minutes before GA.
    As you said, this *should* be enough to get a pit spot. If so, I would imagine exit and reentry should be fine. Depends on the size of the pit I suppose, and how many 10C tickets were sold.

Pre flight pints in the airport now,next stop Amsterdam!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Anyone heading to see them over the next few weeks enjoy, Jealous and still praying for an EV date here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pendulum
    Nothingman
    Breakerfall
    Corduroy
    All Night
    Animal
    Got Some
    Mind Your Manners
    Given to Fly
    Who You Are
    Lightning Bolt
    Even Flow
    Swallowed Whole
    Sirens
    Light Years
    Evacuation
    Wishlist
    Porch
    Encore:
    Low Light
    Thin Air
    Sleeping By Myself
    (Eddie Vedder song)
    Footsteps
    Come Back
    Jeremy
    Better Man
    Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2:
    Go
    Why Go
    Supersonic
    Sonic Reducer
    (Dead Boys cover)
    Alive
    Indifference

Not a bad start to their tour anyway. Would love to get Low Light, wishlist, Jeremy, Who You Are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Just back from Amsterdam. Great show, Eddie had a knee injury so he wasn't moving around too much. Great energy from the crowd & a nice touch from Eddie when he was introducing Animal, talking about the 5 against 1 lyric & referencing the 5-1 scoreline between the dutch & spain at the world cup, went down well with the locals :)

Fantastic setlist, but in particular Jeremy, RVM & Footsteps where spectacular, hope someone has them uploaded to Youtube.

Roll on Vienna & Berlin next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Haha Eddie was on the ball there with that reference.

Just home after a very eventful few days in the Dam,brilliant gig too!!

I thought that set list was top notch myself,got to hear a few songs I had yet to see them play. Buzzing for MK in a few weeks now!!

Just back home from a great week in Amsterdam. Night 2 was my favourite, but both gigs were out of this world. The standing area was the most packed I've ever experienced at a PJ show, plus some of those Dutch guys are really fúcking tall! I've read some reviews mentioning a lack of energy from the crowds, particularly for Night 1, but that was not my experience of the gigs. Down in the middle of the floor the energy was high, and I've got the aches and bruises to testify to that!

I was hoping for 'Release' to open Night 2, but will never, ever complain or get tired of hearing 'Hard To Imagine'. So many highlights for me over the 2 nights - 'Nothing Man', 'Who You Are', 'Light Years', 'Low Light', 'Footsteps', 'Come Back', 'Sonic Reducer', 'Hard To Imagine', 'Severed Hand', 'Getaway', 'Immortality', 'All Or None', 'My Father's Son', 'Black', 'Blood' - Even as i type now I can't believe I got to hear all of those at 2 gigs.

Eddie's knee seems to be fúcked, but his voice was in great shape, more so for Night 1 IMO. Of course there were about a million instances of wrong/mixed up lyrics, but it wouldn't be a PJ gig if there wasn't :D The band were tight with some lovely solos from both McCready and Gossard. Matt Cameron is an unfaltering machine, he definitely guides the lads through some of the more rare tunes with his exact drumming and knowledge of the songs, funny since he has probably been playing such tunes for a shorter amount of time than anyone else in the band! (except Boom of course.)

Each night the band came on about 8.10pm and finished at 10.55pm, about 2 hours 45 minutes of a set both nights. Apparently they played 61 songs over the 2 nights, with 55 unique ones and just 6 played at both shows. What a band, this is why I love them. Roll on Berlin next week.

Cool review thanks:)
    I've booked Vienna and Berlin..and managed somehow to not book a flight home..hope some money falls from the sky before monday :)

• Advertisement

Cool review thanks:)
    I've booked Vienna and Berlin..and managed somehow to not book a flight home..hope some money falls from the sky before monday :)

Beg, steal, borrow or swim David, you know it'll be worth it :pac:

I'm doing all three. And more :)
    San Siro in Italy tonight. I still can't believe they're doing this

I'm doing all three. And more :)
    San Siro in Italy tonight. I still can't believe they're doing this

Some size of a venue for the lads to be playing in, would love to be there. I have 10c tickets for Trieste but won't be making it (hmm might do the euro-millions tonight!) and it is also gonna be in a big stadium.

Enjoy tonight David and let us know how the gig went.

oh im not in milan!! just following it on FB..

weirdly average set for such a huge place!

oh im not in milan!! just following it on FB..

weirdly average set for such a huge place!

Sorry David, thought you were there!

I think the set for Milan was what it needed to be. In a stadium with up to 60,000 attendees, they would have had to play it safe with how many rarities they could throw in so as to not alienate the overwhelming amount of casual listeners there.

It seems like a greatest hits set peppered with the odd rarity, exactly what I would expect for such a huge show. Berlin next week however, better be a different story! :pac:

Sorry David, thought you were there!

I think the set for Milan was what it needed to be. In a stadium with up to 60,000 attendees, they would have had to play it safe with how many rarities they could throw in so as to not alienate the overwhelming amount of casual listeners there.

It seems like a greatest hits set peppered with the odd rarity, exactly what I would expect for such a huge show. Berlin next week however, better be a different story! :pac:

Hope that's not the case for Milton Keynes, 65k venue but also the last stop so could be special. Really looking forward to it now.

the last show is never special..the second to last show is always the special one..

Off to Vienna tomorrow..doing that and the ever brilliant Wulheide..the very best place to see the lads..i love it..

hoping the effing french air traffic controllers each get a dose of malaria...f*ckers go on strike if its effin raining..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aNt1X

Hi guys, can I ask if somebody can buy me a Sweatband from one of the next shows? (the red one with the lightning bolt)

I managed to get one in Trieste and it was a gift ... but I would like to get another one for me, and after the show they were sold out of course.

I live in Dublin and of course i would pay the whole price (item and shipping) in advance.

Thank you guys!

Pj could play the phone book at this venue and it wouldn't matter. That place is just magical.

This show was incredible. A little more generic than Vienna (how random was that set??? But it worked incredibly well)

They sound better and better every time. And I'm not being a fanboi. Brooklyn was tight but this and Vienna was a whole new level. They're gearing up to take on stadiums and I didn't think they had the chops for that but they do. They really do.
    Sound was a total mess in Vienna. Ed even commented on it being the second worst place for sound that they've played. But whatever they're doing with their sound isn't working.
    You can hear things defined but there's no body to it. It's not mixed together if that makes sense and matts kick is louder by far than jeff. This was all the way through Vienna then It stared again about half way through Berlin.

Other than that, two incredibly great shows. If you can, see them at wulheide.
    Everything about it is perfect and they seem to respond to that.
    Glad I went.
    Mind still blown

• Advertisement
Advertisement