Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Triple Gym reviews

• 10-08-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34

I'm thinking of buying the shamrock triple gym but I can't see many good reviews about it.

Have many people here actually bought it?

Have you found that it damaged the door frame?

Do you consider it value for money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think a user called Hanley here used it and says its good, and he is a personal trainer who has used lots of stuff like this in his time.

Looks good to me, and good value esp. with the TRX type handles. I would search for "shamrock gym" to find reviews, leave out the triple.

Here is a review.

You can add hosing insulation on the bars to disperse the pressure on the door frame more. Weak softwood will be indented by any of these types of bars.

I would have liked to get adjustable straps for the handles, but these can be got cheaply here

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Handy-Straps_Med-Duty-tie-down-Straps_W0QQLHQ5fSellerWithStoreZ1QQLHQ5fTitleDescZ1QQ_fsubZ13455392QQ_sasiZ1QQ_sidZ123266481QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 Rooneymara

Does anyone know if there would be problems using this on a timber frame house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I ordered one 2 and bit weeks ago. Still not here. Not responded to e-mails as such and the phone is always engaged when I call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I ordered one 2 and bit weeks ago. Still not here. Not responded to e-mails as such and the phone is always engaged when I call.
    The owner is a member here called Mickk. I have seen others recommend contacting him on his mobile. Maybe drop him a PM to get it. Says he was logged in last night
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=24289

Cheers Rubadub but Mickk has too many PM's and needs to clear some space :pac: He may see this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 PCR

Was thinking of ordering this piece of equipment. Did you ever receive it in the end?

PCR wrote: »
    Was thinking of ordering this piece of equipment. Did you ever receive it in the end?

Still waiting! And I can't get in contact and Mickk's message box is too full to receive PM's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Wood

Have you tried calling him on the phone?

Seriously just ring him, rather than waiting two weeks for him to realise his inbox is full. He won't bite and talking for two minutes is way more beneficial than a back and forth of PMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Wood wrote: »
    Have you tried calling him on the phone?

Seriously just ring him, rather than waiting two weeks for him to realise his inbox is full. He won't bite and talking for two minutes is way more beneficial than a back and forth of PMs

I have stated that I called numerous times to no avail. PM'img him was the last course I could do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I have gone up to the premises a number of times at various times of the day over the last few months, never open. I do see his hummer around, and I like the guys posts on here but the service just has too many bad reports. There is no excuse for not answering a email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

I bought a few things off him a few months back. Really nice guy. Called him on his mobile and he met me at the premises.

Surprised to see he isn't contactable.

Its ridiculous, running a business and refusing to answer!

Still waiting! And I can't get in contact and Mickk's message box is too full to receive PM's!

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting what you ordered. Hope this issue gets resolved one way or another soon. As a piece of kit the shamrock pull-up bar looks second to none but there is no point in me ordering it if I am not going to get it.

I'll PM you as soon as I get a result! It's annoying as people have great views of Mickk and irish lifting.

Cheers Ripley! Yeah they seem to be held in high esteem around here and I would like to buy off an irish company if it all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭theGEM

I have gone up to the premises a number of times at various times of the day over the last few months, never open. I do see his hummer around, and I like the guys posts on here but the service just has too many bad reports. There is no excuse for not answering a email.

Yeah I'd love to buy the triple gym but I'm not going to throw money into a hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think the high esteem for Irish Lifting is long gone.

Nothing but complaints since the other guys took it over that time.
    There are plenty of other Irish companies selling and making decent equipment at this stage.

mdwexford wrote: »
    I think the high esteem for Irish Lifting is long gone.

Nothing but complaints since the other guys took it over that time.
    There are plenty of other Irish companies selling and making decent equipment at this stage.

If it's not too much trouble could you suggest one or two of these of these companies that have a decent reputation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

not wanting to be stalkerish or anything but Mickk doesn't appear to be having the best run of luck at them moment:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85853942
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86015795

hopefully he can get those problems sorted and get your product out.

• Advertisement

Thud wrote: »
    not wanting to be stalkerish or anything but Mickk doesn't appear to be having the best run of luck at them moment:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85853942
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86015795

hopefully he can get those problems sorted and get your product out.

I hope Mickk does sort everything out and gets both businesses back on track but, there's no excuse not to respond. He has phone numbers, addresses, emails etc.. And I'm in no doubt he's seen this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

PCR wrote: »
    If it's not too much trouble could you suggest one or two of these of these companies that have a decent reputation?

Sure.

I have had good experiences with my home fitness.

I have seen a lot of other people recommend d8 fitness.

If you want high quality equipment made to your own specs then Odin gym equipment (formerly Gorilla gym equipment) are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Hi,

I've just seen this thread now, I was a bit puzzled because I haven't had any missed calls that I haven't gotten back to and then I realised that the phone number I had on the Shamrock Gym website was the phone in the shop, the shop that burned down a few weeks ago... Also Ridleyrider, obviously I don't know your real name but last Thursday I rang anyone who's ordered in the last week or two and left a voicemail, if you check you should have a missed call from 0866699969? I've had some problems with the latest batch of the Shamrock Gyms and I wanted to explain before I sent it out. I'm not advertising the Shamrock gym anywhere at the moment, I'm waiting for some parts from China to fix a small problem before I start advertising it again so I'm not really paying attention to it, I'll change the number on the website now so this doesn't happen to any one else, apologies again, I have lots in stock and I'll try calling you again tomorrow to explain exactly what's wrong with them and see what you want to do.

Also fitzgeme, sorry that you've missed me in the warehouse, I don't really have a retail shop there and I never advertise the warehouse as being open fixed hours, more often than not I'm doing installations in gyms or in one of my gyms ect. If you give me some notice I can arrange a time to meet you...

Mickk wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just seen this thread now, I was a bit puzzled because I haven't had any missed calls that I haven't gotten back to and then I realised that the phone number I had on the Shamrock Gym website was the phone in the shop, the shop that burned down a few weeks ago... Also Ridleyrider, obviously I don't know your real name but last Thursday I rang anyone who's ordered in the last week or two and left a voicemail, if you check you should have a missed call from 0866699969? I've had some problems with the latest batch of the Shamrock Gyms and I wanted to explain before I sent it out. I'm not advertising the Shamrock gym anywhere at the moment, I'm waiting for some parts from China to fix a small problem before I start advertising it again so I'm not really paying attention to it, I'll change the number on the website now so this doesn't happen to any one else, apologies again, I have lots in stock and I'll try calling you again tomorrow to explain exactly what's wrong with them and see what you want to do.

Also fitzgeme, sorry that you've missed me in the warehouse, I don't really have a retail shop there and I never advertise the warehouse as being open fixed hours, more often than not I'm doing installations in gyms or in one of my gyms ect. If you give me some notice I can arrange a time to meet you...

Thanks for replying Mickk, I appreciate it greatly. It was my girlfriend who ordered it and its her details you would have. She wouldn't have the slightest clue. Is there anyway I could give you my details and you could contact me instead?

Yea I've cleared out my inbox so just pm me and I'll ring you tomorrow, thanks

mdwexford wrote: »
    Sure.

I have had good experiences with my home fitness.

I have seen a lot of other people recommend d8 fitness.

If you want high quality equipment made to your own specs then Odin gym equipment (formerly Gorilla gym equipment) are excellent.

Thanks for the recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Bought the shamrock from Mick for €40 last week as it was the prototype model, no instructions or packaging(no instructions made me think i was given the wrong parts and i nearly brought it back as my prototype doesnt look like the shamrock in the fancy ads, I had to find the facebook video of the inventor trying out his prototype before i realised which parts went with which). also, the prototype doesnt have the perpendicular handles of the final shamrock bar.

Works a treat though.. Mick said some of the holes might be slightly off and one of them is a millimetre off so its not 100% even but works just fine. I only had a lend of a friends cheap bar from roches stores or lidl before this. the shamrock prototype is much heavier metal(dont know if this is good or bad, but my doorframe doesnt complain) plus there is twice as much metal when you add th e extension, but its great for dips and inverted rows now at home. my 7 yr old daughter is mad about it.

worth 40 quid if he has any prototypes left.

Love mine too. Mick is a gent and was great once I was able to contact him.

+1 for shamrock gym, Irish lifting and Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadamyusuf

Same here do you know if you ever got your shamrock triple gym.

• Advertisement

Hi Mick,

My search has lead me to you, and I hope you are the founder or owner of shamrock triple gym. If you are please keep reading, if not disregard this message.

I ordered the shamrock triple gym on 08/16/13 and I never got an email or recite for my order with its tracking number its been almost 8-weeks now and I still have not received my purchase. I called every number possible on the website several/different times the past month. I just want to know if there is anything you can do.

Can you please get back to me as soon as possible about my purchase info and tracking number.

Thank You

Hi Mick,

How do I get in contact with you, I have been trying to get a hold of you and shamrock triple gym. Please private message me if you can as soon as possible.

Thank You

Sadam Yusuf

Hi Yusuf,

I was having the same issues with receiving Shamrock Gym and I assure you I was as frustrated as you are. Micks a genuine fella and as soon as you get a hold of him he'll explain all to you. Going by your date of ordering, you're having the same problem as me. Mick explained to me that the last batch that he ordered of the product that the makers had fcuked things up and used a different method or something along the lines. I got one that the makers had fcuked up but that's because I'm light, sub 80kg and it's fine.

Try PM'ing Mick here. I hope that helps.

Thanks RidleyRider,

I have tried PM'ing Mick, but his PM inbox is full. And your right I'm frustrated, about everything in general. But I believe the product looks good and just can't wait to get one. In the mean time idk when that will be or if I will ever get it. Did you end up getting yours eventually and how long was the total time waited.

Hi sadamyusuf,

Sorry about that, I found your order on the american site, I'll email you today and get you sorted,

Thanks,

Mick

Thank You Mick I glad you were able to contact me, as for your email I still haven't received it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Hi Mick.I placed an order with you last week-end and i havent heard anything about this,Can you tell me what the normal waiting time is.Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

tried to pm mick

says his inbox is full.

mick if you see this would you pm me please.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

ayatollah wrote: »
    tried to pm mick

says his inbox is full.

mick if you see this would you pm me please.

cheers

Try the contact us page on Irish lifting. I got pretty prompt replies on that last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

nialldinho wrote: »
    Try the contact us page on Irish lifting. I got pretty prompt replies on that last week

cheers dude

i'll try that so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 FortuneWookiee

Was going to order a couple of these but the complaints on the Facebook page and here have turned me right off.

Doesn't appear to be any responses whatsoever on the FB page and little or no interaction here. Poor show.

Have things improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Complaints with response by Mick perhaps but not the product. I got the prototype model and it works a treat even though its not the final product for sale.

As regards response from Mick, I left a message on an answering machine and he got back to me within a few days as his warehouse was burnt down or such at that same time and I went out to meet him in Sandyford to pick up the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 FortuneWookiee

Fair enough. I just seen many cases whereby people were waiting a couple of months to receive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I'm interested in this product, but don't want to order and be waiting a long time to receive it. Has anyone got one in the last month or so? Also interested in any further reviews.

Advertisement